Resolved | Big Apple Forex

ecline

Recruit
I tried their forex signals for 2 months (August and September) and was told that I would be given a 60 day money back guarantee if I was not satisfied with their service. They had many losing trades during this time so I contacted them concerning the gaurantee and I was assured that they would refund my money on the day after my subscription expired. They claimed that it would be refunded automatically on that date and apolgized for their poor performance and stated that refunding my money was the least they could do. Well, needless to say I still have not received my refund and I have contacted them numerous time since, but they refuse to respond to my emails. Please stay away from this scam...

How did you pay?

If there's a credit card involved, call your bank and ask to speak to the fraud department. If ClickBank, RegNow, or something like that is involved, then file a complaint there too.

How did you pay?

If there's a credit card involved, call your bank and ask to speak to the fraud department. If ClickBank, RegNow, or something like that is involved, then file a complaint there too.

I paid through Paypal. I can try to file a complaint with them also. Thanks

Paypal is worth a try. I must warn you that they often don't do well with refunds on digital products or services, but if you approach this from a "they defrauded me by not honoring the guarantee", you should have a chance at getting a refund.

Make sure to send them screenshots of the guarantee and also copies of any emails between you and Big Apple Forex.

When you pay a vendor thru PayPal, you will have already established a relationship between PayPal and your Bank or thru a prominent Credit Card company like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc. PayPal bills you through such entity, as you directed at the Point of Sale.
If it was a Credit Card, you may be protected by a buyer protection program offered by the card company, itself.
Let PayPal know you intend to exercise that right (if possible), should they not handle it for you directly.
If you payed PayPal via your Bank, you can also notify your bank of the violation, and have them pressure PayPal on your behalf.
However, if and when you wind up offending PayPal with such a charge-back in this manner because you have no other choice, you may lose your PayPal account.
The choice is entirely yours.
AI

Last edited:
Now they are trying to blackmail me in order for me to remove this file and negative review. They said they won't refund my $400.00 until I remove this. Please read the emails listed below that I received from them. Start at the bottom of the emails this is where it begins and my replies as well as theirs.

Re: Refund Request

Hide Details
TO: bigappleforex@gmail com

Message flagged

Monday, October 22, 2012 11:05 PM

I will remove the reviews as soon as I receive my funds and not before. You'll just have to trust me like I trusted you to refund my money.

Edward

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Eddie Cline <eaccline@bellsouth.net>;
Subject: Re: Refund Request
Sent: Tue, Oct 23, 2012 3:00:24 AM

Hello Edward

We thank you for your continued trust in us. However, it's of utmost importance that the reviews are removed before we proceed with the refund. If you don't get your refund within 24 hours, there's nothing to stop you from posting negative reviews again, correct?

We're proposing a win-win resolution here and we've got the funds are ready for transfers awaiting your further actions.

Do keep us informed.

No, after I have received my refund of $400.00, I'll give you my word that I will remove the negative comments and reviews. I trusted you to keep your word concerning the money back guarantee, now you can trust me to do as I say. I am a man of my word and as soon as I receive my refund, I will let them know at ForexPeaceArmy that you have fulfilled your end of the agreement and will have the negative reviews made positive.

Sincerely,
Edward Cline Jr

To: eaccline@bellsouth.net
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 1:15 PM
Subject: Refund Request

Dear Edward

While we were processing for your refund request, our team was caught by surprise that you have posted extremely negative reviews about our service.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/scam-alerts-folder/21959-big-apple-forex.html

Big Apple Forex | BigAppleForex.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

We'd like to extend our apologies for the poor performance and slight delay on your request but by damaging our reputation doesn't help out with the matter, does it?

Let's make this a win-win situation for both of us - Once these reviews (along with all other negative reviews that you might have posted) have been removed, we'll process your full $400 refund within 48 hours.

Cheers

Let BigAppleForex know that their blackmail attempt has now been publicly posted. If they don't pay you what is owed by the end of the week, file an FPA Traders Court case.

Considering that they admit the money is owed and are refusing to pay, I think a guilty verdict would have a high probability of getting directly referred to the FPA Scam Investigations Committee.

Let BigAppleForex know that their blackmail attempt has now been publicly posted. If they don't pay you what is owed by the end of the week, file an FPA Traders Court case.

Considering that they admit the money is owed and are refusing to pay, I think a guilty verdict would have a high probability of getting directly referred to the FPA Scam Investigations Committee.

I am glad to announce that BigAppleForex processed my refund today...Thank you Pharaoh and BigT1 for all your help. There is no doubt in my mind that I would have never gotten this refund without your help. They only responded to my requests after I posted to ForexPeaceArmy. You all do a great work and I really appreciate it and your site. Thanks Again...

I am glad to announce that BigAppleForex processed my refund today...Thank you Pharaoh and BigT1 for all your help. There is no doubt in my mind that I would have never gotten this refund without your help. They only responded to my requests after I posted to ForexPeaceArmy. You all do a great work and I really appreciate it and your site. Thanks Again...

Hello Ecline,
You have now been initiated into the FPA, by fire.
As a wounded warrior you now owe a small debt of gratitude for our help (however small), which can only be repaid by your service to others so afflicted.
For one year you shall watch BigAppleForex continuously, and report any untoward activities you find for us to reexamine.
Congratulations, thank you, and a hearty welcome. :)
AI

Please also stick around and contribute to other threads in Scam Alerts. A lot of people come here to make one post, just to get the story told. They sometimes don't ever come back because they believe that there's no hope of resolving the issue.

Showing them that a firm and valiant effort can result in getting something fixed will lead to more people actively fighting.

Back