RESOLVED - Etoro Inc. Issue

Just imagine the obstacles to success Rafia has overcome.
When my father was 13 he arrived in NY from Sicily as a first class passenger on a cruise liner with his mother and siblings, October 1929, just after the crash.
His father and 2 older brothers had arrived in the early 1920's as slaves, found work, and saved to send for the family years later.
The authorities shaved his head for lice and put him in kindergarten; even though he spoke 4 languages, but not English.
Later, my father would be recruited by and made an officer in the US Army. He returned to Europe in command of 3000 men for the invasion of Italy from Africa under Patton, where his 5 languages and engineering skills just happened to help win WW-II.
Rafia, is our antennea into the future. I urge all here to respect her, and honour her effort to raise herself.
Even she has no real idea of the future she shall usher in, if she does not lose her honour and belief in fairness.
It is up to us to make certain she does not.
AI

PaladinFx,
First, eToro is a registered entity in three jusridictions:
RetailFX - based in Cyprus and regulated by CySEC
IC Markets - based in Australia and regulated by ASIC
FX Solutions, part of City Index Group - based in the United States and regulated by the NFA
Second, Rafia did not overtrade.
Next, FYI Rafia is a mature business woman with a Masters Degree from a London University who travels internationally on business.
She has demonstrated a very strong will in standing up for principal, and then wisely sought assistance here when being mistreated, as well she should have.
I am certain she has gained experience and perspective as a result of her fourier into the wild world of forex; and is perhaps the least likely to repeat her earlier mistakes.
I've known many losing traders (all men) who failed to show her courage, tenacity, and self-repsect in navigating such waters; instead they wimped away with their tail between their legs or remain in denial that they were taken advantage of at all, just eating the loss and moving on.
Thank you Rafia for the priviledge of helping you in your journey.
AI

I would like to know is etoro just partnered with the above listed brokers or is etoro the company behind those brokers?

AI wrote

First, eToro is a registered entity in three jusridictions:
RetailFX - based in Cyprus and regulated by CySEC
IC Markets - based in Australia and regulated by ASIC
FX Solutions, part of City Index Group - based in the United States and regulated by the NFA

I would like to know the exact relationship between etoro and IC Markets. I have asked them directly and they are not quick to give a proper answer on this.

Hi Rafia, and all the other traders who've shown interest in this case!

I am thrilled that you've finally gotten compensation for your trade! You are correct, from the correspondence that you've presented when I first read about your case, I got the impression that you were asking for compensation for one trade and that your losses were approximately equal to $700 seeing as you never mentioned the sum invested in the other trade. Now having reread it again, I've realized that you were talking about 2 trades, and I've received information from Mati concerning the exact details of the other trade. I want you to know that an investigation has been launched into this case as well. I am really sorry once again that this is taking so much time, but we have to investigate each claim on its own seeing as the two trades didn't happen on the same dates and thus whatever technical malfunction may have happened, it is not the same one. I hope I have proven to you that I am committed to the cause of traders seeking just compensation and that I will see this through till the end.

To respond to the above post from Thai_trader, eToro is the introducing broker to the three brokers mentioned above. Furthermore, RetailF is regulated not only by CySEC in Cyprus, but also in the UK by the FSA, in Germany by BaFin, in France by Banque de France, and in many other countries in Europe (you're welcome to visit our site for more info).

That's all for now, I hope to have more good news soon :)

Best regards,
Laura, eToro Team

Hi Rafia, and all the other traders who've shown interest in this case!

I am thrilled that you've finally gotten compensation for your trade! You are correct, from the correspondence that you've presented when I first read about your case, I got the impression that you were asking for compensation for one trade and that your losses were approximately equal to $700 seeing as you never mentioned the sum invested in the other trade. Now having reread it again, I've realized that you were talking about 2 trades, and I've received information from Mati concerning the exact details of the other trade. I want you to know that an investigation has been launched into this case as well. I am really sorry once again that this is taking so much time, but we have to investigate each claim on its own seeing as the two trades didn't happen on the same dates and thus whatever technical malfunction may have happened, it is not the same one. I hope I have proven to you that I am committed to the cause of traders seeking just compensation and that I will see this through till the end.

To respond to the above post from Thai_trader, eToro is the introducing broker to the three brokers mentioned above. Furthermore, RetailF is regulated not only by CySEC in Cyprus, but also in the UK by the FSA, in Germany by BaFin, in France by Banque de France, and in many other countries in Europe (you're welcome to visit our site for more info).

That's all for now, I hope to have more good news soon :)

Best regards,
Laura, eToro Team

Thank you for the clarification Laura. I was having a hard time getting the info direct from ICM.

You are right. Etro Webtrader is too alow and usually fails.
In my it has happened 3 times. in two time they have given my my oney back of 32 $ and 119 $. But When the case was of 500 $ they started avoiding me. And last they said that my net speed is slow ol. That was funny !! I had executed more than 1200+ trades and from them only three times only my net got slow :/

it was really ridiclous answer !! and I never got my money back :'(

eToro Case ID - 138,968 CRM:03651273.

they even told me to send the picture of

a) Latency (Ping).
b) Download/Upload speed.
and I sended. You all see it. Is tis speed is too slow for trading. and why my only 3 trades where got lost !!

Attachments

• capture-20121129-174211.jpg
    capture-20121129-174211.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 20
  • capture-20121129-181328.jpg
    capture-20121129-181328.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 17
Hello Rishavbhasrdwaj02,
Sorry to say, your speeds are wholly inadequate for trading if your trading style involves any type of rapid method. See my attachment.
I have nothing more than an average home office in USA in NY, using a cable connection with local Fiber Optic local feed that does not come into my office; my numbers are only a little better than typical, but are 25 times faster than yours.
If I wanted, I could tomorrow obtain speeds of 50 MBPS Down, 8 MBPS Up with < 10 mSec Ping from Verizon Fios, which runs paralell services here while keeping my existing cable connection as a backup service.
Should you wish to attempt to trade on any lesser than an Hourly Timeframe, I am afraid you will be at a very distinct disadvanatage to me, and many many others.
Your broker is correct. the reaon for your missed trades is being late to the party.
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA
NFA ID#: 0278164

Attachments

• SpeedTest 20121207.jpg
    SpeedTest 20121207.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi again

Let me update the progress.

Thanks Laura, Mati called me today and he said that i will be compensated for my loss of $1100 one two conditions.

1. I have to sign a document that will declare that i will not ask for further compensation for the trades.
2. I will remove my bad remarks (this is fair i guess).

I have requested moderators to remove my bad review against etoro, as my issue has been resolved and i have no harsh feelings against etoro now..

Once i will do both steps, then my money will be transferred to my etoro account. I will have to execute a trade in order to withdraw them.

Thanks

Removing bad remarks is bad. Updating them with a statement that the issue was successfully resolved to everyone's satisfaction is a much better approach.

You have to execute a trade before making a withdrawal? If so, make it a very small trade with a very tight stoploss.

. . . Thanks Laura, Mati called me today and he said that i will be compensated for my loss of $1100 one two conditions.
1. I have to sign a document that will declare that i will not ask for further compensation for the trades.
2. I will remove my bad remarks (this is fair i guess).
I have requested moderators to remove my bad review against etoro, as my issue has been resolved and i have no harsh feelings against etoro now..
Once i will do both steps, then my money will be transferred to my etoro account. I will have to execute a trade in order to withdraw them.
Thanks

Dear Rafia,
Hold your ground.
1 - It is fine if you agree to accept a final settlement amount with them that satisfies you.
2 - However, you must insist they refund your money first.
Then and only then, should you agree to update your case here with a "Resolution Statement".
This thread will then be marked as Resolved; but, not until you confirm to us you have received the agreed upon withdrawal.
Never should you be pressured by any broker into removing your truthful, original posts, as they occurred in the past.
If you attempt to deny or mitigate the validity of your original claims, you are letting your Slavemaster dictate his terms to you.
Is that the legacy you want?
I know you better, and so do you know yourself better.
AI
PS: eToro Rep. Have the guts to show up here again and explain your extortion demand.

Last edited:
Back