RESOLVED - Etoro - scam or not, somethings wrong with them.

oreo220

Private
i have been trading with etoro for almost half a year now despite their many problems with their webtrader, i stuck by them as i do admit their openbook and webtrader is very easy to adjust to. i have of course lost a lot of money due to my own bad trades but this is not the issue i had these past weeks (more noticably since the greek elections i think) but i thought one or 2 problems are okay so i ignored my major loss at the time (they seem to always log me out when the market is high volatile or something same with everyone else).

basically, i have traded by copying someone and left it overnight as it was already in the red zone. i woke up and it went past the stop loss of my trades because the trader i copied extended her stop loss. shortly the markets all closed (not because it was their daily closing hours) due to some issues they have. so i not only lost all the money i used to copy but another chunk of money dissapeared from my account into negatives for a short while (luckily some trades were already in green) so i had very little money left to trade with when i closed everything.

screenshot taken bout 10 days ago.
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab171/ContaK666/ScreenShot2012-07-15at195543.png

i contacted etoro on one of their profile pages and was asked to send an email via their contact us page. it was ignored. I sent them some more and still ignored. i know it was ignored because i have 2 accounts. the first one broke due to similar reasons so i opened a new one. i withdrew money on my first account a few days before i contacted them on 2nd account about the issue. within 3 working days, they confirmed my payment on my first account, then sent another email saying i had to resend a clearer copy of utility bill (pending now...not sure why they confirmed it in the first place)) then i checked my second account and still no email. i normally get a reply within 2-4 working days for anything i ask.

I checked their terms before opening the second one as you can see below which im assuming means any accounts which has any connection to me or my house will be all linked together (im guessing no first deposit bonus) unless english has failed me othwerwise nowhere did i see that multiple accounts were not allowed.

heres where i read it. bottom sentence.

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab171/ContaK666/ScreenShot2012-07-15at215419.png

it also asks for pasport, utility bill etc before i deposited money so if they in anyway do mention no multiple accounts, they wouldve noticed shortly after the details was deposited.

whats even more weird is when i depositied money on my second account i ddint get a confirmation email, so i contacted them and they said i should see it in my history which was true but i prefer a confirmed email in case they suspend my account for no reason.

im not sure if they are really that busy (despite them having a help desk in their live chat everyday) or if theyre just trying to scam me, all i know is i dont think they care and i just want my money back. i emailed support@etoro.com and the only email i recieved was asking my username and when i contacted their support team and after that...nothing.

for those who think i should wait a bit longer, heres another problem on my first account a few months back)

overweekend trade was left because i was in reds again. hours before market opened, i was basically 25 pips away from stop loss ($1 per pip) betting $90 so i was supposed to be at -$65 but i was for some reasons i was at -$80 (trust me, i made no mistakes in in the math)...thats right, it changed on sunday evenning so i contacted their live desks and they said they will solve the issue (i was hoping before market opened). but almost an hour later way after the trade hit stop loss, they then email me they couldnt help me because the trades have hit stop loss. they deliberately knew and waited for me to lose my money so they dont have to do a damn thing!. (that was the first time i realised the webtrader problem and how irresponsible they were but i was still new and did managed to withdraw money so i stuck by them).

so now i believe they're just ignoring me hoping ill forget the entire issue

Let them know that you've opened a thread here and will be keeping it up to date.

ok need help, i was talking to one of the employees last night and was told about incoming email for confirmation...this morning when i didnt see an email i tried talking to him again but when i try to post a message, it auto deletes my post >> im pretty sure they are scamming me now.

That sounds like it could be a technical issue. Try getting them on live chat and see if someone can help.

If it's not a technical issue and they really are blocking you, report back and let everyone here know.

no need to ask them...as i mentioned above, i have multiple accounts, i merely logged into my other account to type a message to my other account which was all fine and when in log back i to the one i believe is blocked, i tried to type only to the person who said i could contact him if i dont recieve the email and thats where the problem is. i can talk to myself on my accounts though. theyve also disabled private chat(probably for everyone) so i cant talk to the helpdesk in the chat menu in webtrader. emails also get ignored so i really have no way of contacting them anymore.

25th july:

some reasons i can send him message now...>.> private chat on webtrader is still disabled though :p

and it turns out my email i signed up had a type (not sure why they couldnt reply through the email i sent them instead)

Last edited:
just some technical issues, the guy said i can contact help by using the tab on top and select support etc....oh well, i can still talk to people by going on their profile.

will continue update whenever they update my email

Dear oreo220,

Please let me assure you that we do indeed care very much about our customers and are committed to making their trading experience with eToro as satisfying as possible. I do appologize for the lack of service you have experienced. Unfortunately due to the enormous size of our trading network (almost 2 million traders) it does happen that a case falls through our fingers, although we do try to optimize our service to prevent that from ever happening. Thanks to your feedback we will now be able to find the areas in which our service is lacking and make sure it never happens again.

As for the concrete details of your complaint, it can happen that the trader you are copying will move the stops and that will affect your stop loss as well since the trade is attached to the original trader. However, unless the markets actually close for the weekend there is no reason for all your positions to suddenly close. We would really like to look into the case and reimburse you accordingly. Please contact us via Contact Us with details of your username and the specific trades you are refering to so we can take a closer look at what happened.

Once again, I sincerely appologize for the inconvenience and hope to have the matter settled shortly.

Yours truly,
Laura, eToro Team

ive sent it a few times before but ill send it again, the email should include a screenshot of the trades that was closed and also i retyped in the email address that shouldve been registered with you since i made a typo.

Back