Resolved: FortFS just stole my $500

Charles75

Recruit
I'll have to be detailed about what happened to me in order to not have any misunderstandings. I had opened an account with TradeFort a long time ago back in 2011. I had funded my account with Liberty Reserve, Webmoney, Skrill. An unfortunate event where Liberty Reserve was shutdown by the US federal government. The money I had deposited via Liberty Reserve was lost. I don't fault anyone for that. That was just bad luck for me. I stopped trading in 2015. Back in November 2019, I reopened the account (it was closed to due inactivity). I deposited $450 from my bank account. I wanted to withdraw my money on January 15, 2020. FortFS wanted verification. I sent in my passport and bank statement. I am a US citizen, so they told me my account is terminated. Okay. I just want my money back. Now FortFS said all of the money in the account was now theirs. I was confused. In the last email I received from them, they said I had received $890 of bonuses from them which I cannot claim anymore since I am a US citizen. I knew I didn't get any bonuses from these guys. I downloaded a statement of my transactions from 2011 to now. I had received no bonuses from them except for a $5 welcome bonus. So FortFS wants to steal the deposited money and claim I had received some fake bonus from a long time ago. I have the statement from their website that shows no such bonus. I hope other people will read my message, so that they can avoid this broker. I have all the documents to prove what I say. FortFS is a crook forex broker.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 44
I smell scam!
If they claim they cannot work with US residents so how come they are so comfortable keeping your money?
I know that the US government takes these issues very seriously, also approach your bank and explain them the situation and request to recall your deposit.

Here is basically the last email between FortFS and myself. FortFS is claiming that I received a bunch of bonuses over 5 years ago. The detail they provide is very unclear because my account was basically closed after such a long period of inactivity. After I requested my account be reopened back in November 2019, I deposited $450 from my bank account. That is quite clear. According to monthly statements, I received $1.18 from IR in December 2019. I consider that the only possible bonus they can claw back. I am very sure these crooks don't want to pay me my money back, but other traders need to be warned about this crooked outfit.

Attachments

• Yahoo Mail - Re_ [#289380]_ money in account not from bonuses.pdf
    68.8 KB · Views: 30
Here is basically the last email between FortFS and myself. FortFS is claiming that I received a bunch of bonuses over 5 years ago. The detail they provide is very unclear because my account was basically closed after such a long period of inactivity. After I requested my account be reopened back in November 2019, I deposited $450 from my bank account. That is quite clear. According to monthly statements, I received $1.18 from IR in December 2019. I consider that the only possible bonus they can claw back. I am very sure these crooks don't want to pay me my money back, but other traders need to be warned about this crooked outfit.

So they close the account. Allow you to reopen the account. But after depositing money, and then deciding to withdraw this money, they decide to claim that you have some past debt that was not paid back?

@Mark Miller (FortFS) can you share your logic here please?

And where is FortFS regulated as of when this client re-opened their account (about November, 2019)?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the situation is resolved in my favor (highly unlikely), I will donate 10% of whatever I get back to FPA.

You would be surprised how many people we help get back sometimes 6 figures using FPA help, and how many simply disappear after getting a settlement. They scream "Scam Scam Scam" at the top of their lungs, only to reveal their own selfish behavior after the fact. I will quote another member on this topic also:

...I'm a regular visitor here and can see all the great work the FPA does and do really appreciate it. The help and expertise volunteered from the senior members to scam victims is always excellent! I would have thought as a courtesy anyone would donate at least a minimum of 10% they've been able to recover with the help of the FPA. I think the FPA works because it is so good and people are not made to donate anything, maybe there could be a clearer donate button for the OP's thread?

Our time is 100% voluntary, but donations do help offset this. You could pay a recovery room or lawyer a lot more (without any genuine guarantees) and still not get a fraction back.

Yes. That is what happened. They basically closed my account, and I was thinking that I might try it out again and didn't want to go through the hassle of opening an account with another forex broker. I deposited $450 thinking everything was fine if I wanted to withdraw the money. I made the wrong decision, but I know the forex business is a shady business to begin with. A lot of these forex companies are intentionally out there to just take customer money, so I wanted to give fair warning to other potential traders.

FortFS used to be Tradefort. Tradefort is based out of Switzerland. They had a claim that they were associated with the large investment banks.

As far as the donation goes, I promise to donate 10%. At this point, it's almost a lost cause for me. I have already written it off as a bad experience.

Back