Resolved | FXCM - a warning

intoccabile

Recruit
Hi everyone,

I assume most of you will be familiar with FXCM by now.

I would like to warn anyone dealing with FXCM and using the FXCM Trading Station. It's an issue that could potentially be affecting you as I type this.

I have already opened an audit with FXCM regarding this matter but this is so important I thought I would post here as well.

There is a critical issue with the platform that, upon closing trades, immediately changes a winning trade into a losing one. Yes, read that again.

Let me illustrate this. I have provided two screenshots.

U2.png

T2.png

Let's take a look at the first screenshot. At the top you have the most recent trades and at the bottom the oldest.

The most recent trade brings me a profit of 36.00$, for a total of 601.14 for the day.

Now let's take a look at the second screenshot.

At the top you can see five more recent trades, above the one that brought me 36.00$. These five trade bring me a combined profit of 168.00$, for a total of 591.04$ for the day.

That's right! An additional five winning trades (the five most recent ones) hit my P/L for the day. And every time I would close a trade, my P/L would decrease.

At first I couldn't believe it. How is it possible for a winning trade to turn into a losing one. Even though, as you can see, it is logged on the platform as a winning trade, every time I close a winning trade my P/L takes a hit!

So I tried it again, just to confirm, just a little trade... same result!

But that's not all.

Recently, I have noticed that my screen has been "blinking" while using Trade Station. My screen would go dark for a few milliseconds. At first I didn't really pay attention to it... but today, I did and here's what I have to report. It's a bit of a concern.

Look at the first screenshot. The very bottom trade, you see it, brings me a profit of 58.00$, placed on the 8th of Jan.

Some time during the afternoon, the screen "blinked" and lo and behold, the trade disappeared, with the 58.00$ in profit, hitting my P/L again.

I absolutely cannot trust this platform any longer and even if they reimburse me, I now need to look for another broker.

Winning trades hitting your P/L and winning trades disappearing?

That is a first for me.

Attachments

• T2.png
    T2.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 13
  • U2.png
    U2.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 16
Hi intoc.

FXCM is a good broker I know. I will be surprised if they prove to be scam. Will love to see what Mr. Jason can explains.

I have already opened an audit with FXCM regarding this matter but this is so important I thought I would post here as well.

Hi Intoccabile,

Welcome to Forex Peace Army!

I appreciate you taking the time to join this forum specifically to post your questions about FXCM. While I don't have your specific account details (btw, it's smart that for your own privacy, you did not include your account number in your screenshots) by looking at your screenshots, it's clear that you have dozens of closed trades within the 24-hour trading day displayed.

You should note that by default, the Trading Station will only display 30 trades in the Closed Positions window at a time. That means when you closed your 5 most recent profitable trades, there were 5 other trades that disappeared from your Closed Positions window display. However, the profits from these trades did not disappear. If you click on the Report button you can confirm in your account statement that all the trades are still in your trade history :)

Furthermore, you can follow the steps below to increase the number of trades that can be displayed in your Closed Positions window:

1. Go to System > Options
  2. Then go to General Trading > History Size
  3. Change your History Size to 200
ow3x.png

If you ever have questions about FXCM in the future, please feel free to ask me in our discussion thread.

Nice trading by the way :cool:

Jason

Back