RESOLVED - FXPRIMUS: Slippage of SGD650 caused by server error

Hello. This is my first post on ForexPeaceArmy and I also do hope that this will be my last.

My request is merely for FXPRIMUS to reverse the trade that was wrongfully executed due to the server error or purposeful manipulation (as will be explained in the pictures attached).

The incident I am about to mention took place on 30 April 2015, regarding a server error or purposeful manipulation on the part of FXPRIMUS, a broker based in Mauritius and popularly used by Singaporeans and Malaysians. TWO one-minute bars were missing and I did not receive any price updates for two bars during the German Market Open, despite having a perfectly functional internet connection and having MT4 display that I was connected. When I cross checked the charts on my phone (using mobile data, or 4G network), it showed the same thing, two one-minute bars missing. This led to a slippage of over 30 ticks, and a fill at the highest point possible at the chart, along with a spread of 3 ticks (clear spread manipulation).

Through my conversation with FXPRIMUS support staff, they did not admit the fault on their part despite clear and indisputable pictorial evidence provided by myself. When asked regarding the server error (or purposeful manipulation by FXPRIMUS), and my slipped entry of over 30 ticks above my entered price, all they replied was “But your stop loss was filled at the price you wanted it to be filled at”, which was far from the issue I was asking about.

This is my FIRST STEP as a means of recourse to get my money back. I can understand slippage caused by unfavorable market conditions, but to disconnect me from the price feed and execute my trade 2 minutes after I place a market order, this is outright STEALING. If this post yields no result, I will then proceed to post on ForexFactory and various other trading sites.

I come from a family of lawyers and will not hesitate to take legal action and let the relevant authorities know of this atrocity. However, I will let this matter rest IF AND ONLY IF this trade is reversed (i.e. money lost to be refunded).

Please view my labelled pictures below and you will find my request more than reasonable. The pictures are labelled in sequence from (1) to (9).

1)
(1) FXPRIMUS Not filling my order after waiting for minutes.jpg
I entered my trade and clicked "Buy by market" at 3.01 SGT (+8 GMT), which was 10:01 on FXPRIMUS' clock. The trade did not even execute, and price froze (bar was not completed). My internet connection was still connected and MT4 as well was still connected. I immediately went to check my phone (that was on mobile data, or 4G as some would like to call it), and it showed exactly the same thing. As you can see from the "time to bar close" indicator, it shows a negative number, and the order box shows waiting for update, which should not happen.

2)
(2) Filling my order late and manipulating the spread.jpg
Then, when the feed connected back again at 3.04 SGT (+8 GMT), they filled me at the open + 3 ticks spread, which was unusual for the DE30 index (DAX). Note that the internet and MT4 were still connected and displayed the same color. I was in shock after this happened and did my best to react the fastest I could.

3)
(3) Explaining FXPRIMUS's Minimum Stop Loss rule.png
Before I move on, this picture will show why my stop loss is set so large in the subsequent pictures. FXPRIMUS has a minimum stop loss requirement which I find ridiculous. This shows that the minimum stop loss was 20 ticks on the DAX, or as they listed on the box, 200 pips (due to the .0 decimal place).

4)
(4) Placing a stop loss while I was still in shock.jpg
I broke out from my state of shock when I saw prices falling. My instinct to place a stop loss immediately came in (first instinct, cultivated over time). I was quoted with countless times of "error" as I tried to place a stop loss 20 ticks away as price fell on me. Eventually, when I managed to place my stop, it was at that price as shown in the picture.

5)
(5) Exiting at a loss.jpg
Price hit my stop loss. If I hadn't placed my stop loss there, my loss could have been upwards of this SGD650+ amount as price continued to fall.

6-9)
I am unable to attach more pictures, so I will attach them in the post below.

I hope my pictures are easy to understand and I hope that I have presented my case well.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

As mentioned above, I am a reasonable person. All I want is for FXPRIMUS to return me the money they stole from me.

As mentioned above, here are pictures 6-9.

6)
(6) Comparison with Alternate Broker.jpg
This image shows a comparison of price charts to an alternate broker. Do note that I am in no way supporting this other broker, nor do I have any funds parked there at the moment. This image is here merely for comparison.

7 and 8)
(7) Phone Charts with 4G network 1.png(8) Phone Charts with 4G network 2.png
These images are here to show the charts I see on FXPRIMUS when I log on to MT4 on the phone. The two charts show how the bar after the 10:01 (FXPRIMUS time) bar on FXPRIMUS is followed by a 10:04 bar.

9)
(9) Alternate Broker Charts on Phone.png
Again, this image shows a comparison of price charts to an alternate broker on the phone. Do note how the progression of M1 bars should look like.

Chat Transcript:
FXPRIMUS Chat Transcript.png
When support was approached with the issue and presented with indisputable pictorial evidence, they avoided the question about why there was a server error/manipulation, and mentioned that the trade was closed at my stop loss level. This nonchalant attitude wasted over 5 hours of my time trying to communicate with support, and throughout the way, they shirked away all responsibility and acted as if they did not know what I was talking about.

ForexPeaceArmy, please let this incident be known and please help me find some way to seek recourse for the money that has been stolen from me!

Thank you.

This won't help the current situation, but I hope you make SL part of any future orders.

Invite FxPrimus to come and join this thread.

This won't help the current situation, but I hope you make SL part of any future orders.

Invite FxPrimus to come and join this thread.

Hi Pharaoh, I make SL part of ALL my orders... Please read my post and look at my pictures, 2 bars were missing from my chart, I was filled only 2+ minutes after I placed my order... That is the main issue which I am worried/unhappy about. Please advise.

Dear Seeking Recourse,

Thank you for inviting us to join this thread. We take all questions, comments and concerns seriously and appreciate the opportunity to converse with you. I was able to trace previous correspondence between our support team and yourself and note that your complaint stems from an order placed April 30, 2015. We have since revisited your ticket for this particular complaint in order to further review the issue. Please revert back to your ticket ID HLH-566-53328 for a follow up response.

With your permission we would also like to post the follow up response in this thread as we aim to maintain transparency in dealing with matters such as these. Note that the post would exclude any personal information regarding your account. Please confirm for approval.

Warm Regards,
Camille Murphy
FXPRIMUS Correspondent

Dear Camille,

Thank you for your response.

However, I have reverted back to my ticket ID HLH-566-53328 and have been given the same nonchalant response as before!

Here is the reply I have received, quoted for ForexPeaceArmy's reference:
Camille Murphy
May 13 (1 day ago)

to me
Dear (name blanked out)

Please note that your audit was responded to on 30 April 2015 07:52 PM with the following message:

We have audited your trades with the following details:

MT4 ID: 907703
Sever: Live-3
Order number: 28368974
Currency pair: .DE30
Type: BUY
Volume: 0.10
Open Time: 2015.04.30 10:04:55
Close Time: 2015.04.30 10:06:25
Open Price: 11494.0
Close Price: 11450.0
SL: 11450.0
TP: 0.0

Audit Results: We note that you requested to buy at 11461 but the price was no longer available. The price moved to 11494 which is why the trade was executed at that price. At 10:04 when this trade was executed the high was 11492 and the low was 11490. The order was filled at the available market price.

Warm regards,
FXPRIMUS Support

How is this an acceptable response? FXPRIMUS has not even answered to why their server was down for two whole minutes. Or was my account in particular disconnected on purpose?

Dear community at ForexPeaceArmy, please advise on what my next step should be. Thank you!

Did you file a traders' court case through FPA?

Thank you for your response to my thread. Do you think I should file a court case through FPA?

I think I am giving FXPRIMUS a chance to rectify the situation before taking further action, but from their response it seems like they won't acknowledge their error.

If this continues I will have no choice but to file a court case.

Back