RESOLVED - IC Markets scams and provides terrible support! Let's start collective action against ICM

RomanM

Recruit
Here is my situation:
I’ve lost 424 US dollars during Non-farm payroll on 05.06.2015 since my order was autoclosed in 1 ms after opening (My order (buy USDJPY, at amount 1.70 with deposit 718.8$) was opened at 15:30:01.514 at a price 125.310 and then automatically closed at 15:30:02 at a price 124.998).
There is no information about the closure in logs. There is only information that position was opened. Position was closed automatically - i haven't seen the closure neither in MT4 terminal nor in logs The thing is - there was no such move of market and MT4 charts prove that! Hereafter I provide all my evidences.

At once I’ve tried to start the live chat and was to wait for some time during the queue. In live chat after asking my question about autoclosure of my order I was told that since the broker was experiencing technical problems I had to contact support by mail. By mail they asked to fill in the investigation form since I’ve experienced the issue during trading. By the way, at the time I've written first mail to support I still could have closed my position with 440 US dollar profit.
Then I’ve filled an investigation form, asking to provide an explanation of the situation. The answer was:

Your order was margin stopped out as a result of insufficient funds to cover the margin and the order was submitted during market volatility (non-farm payroll), there was a 110 pip spike on USD/JPY and similar movement of other pairs where prices were moving very fast with spreads widening.

Since it was a spike, I demanded to cancel the order because spike is non-market quotation (110 pips in 1 ms is anomaly) and it is common practice of responsible brokers to do that. Moreover, I asked to provide the tick chart to prove that spike. I also asked, why have this spike occurred to me and haven’t to other traders I communicate with, trading the same pair with the same broker at the same time with bigger leverages and smaller deposits. I also attached the screenshots of mt4s of these friends.

Up to now, I don’t have the tick chart and appropriate comments on this situation, moreover, after my replies my account manager said that he has another interpretation of the term spike, different from the commonly used. I’ve received a lot of mail, none answering my questions in appropriate way, ignoring my new questions arising from support replies.
I’ve contacted Live chat support, they arranged 2 phone calls to settle the issue but none of them was made.

In the last e-mail after the 3d time I asked to provide the evidences, proving the spike or either to cancel the order I was told to find evidences by myself on their servers. Is it appropriate service? Don’t think so..

I am to lodge a complaint to a FOS regulator and appeal to others, experiencing the same issue to use their rights and do the same in order to have the just settlement of an issue.

ICmarkets was the broker, all my friends-traders would advise, but not after this situation. I feel like being fooled, asking to provide trading data but receiving some random information for the third week.

I also attach my MT4 screenshot and my logs. I'll provide more info within FPA Court Submission.

What can you advise me to do to settle this issue?

Attachments

• USDJPYM1 05.06.15.jpg
    USDJPYM1 05.06.15.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 19
  • logs.JPG
    logs.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 14
Invite I-See-Bucketshop representative to repy to your complaint here....though I know they will not dare show their face here.

I would suggest you file a complaint to the FOS and ASIC to highlight your problem with this bucketshop broker.

How to deal with complaints with Australian Forex Brokers

Here is my situation:

Anybody who deals with this broker should realize that as required by ASIC, they are a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). If you follow the Dispute Resolution Process described on IC Markets' website, you can appeal to FOS. If FOS determines your case has merit, they will rule in your favor and you can get your money back.

While there are many bad reviews here in Forex Peace Army, I doubt they are a bucket shop. They have been around since at least 2011. Nobody survives that long by cheating all their clients. In general, I suggest that Australian Forex Brokers are among the best to be dealing with because of FOS. There are very few forex brokers out there who allow themselves to be subject to binding decisions by a third party like FOS. I don't personally trade with IC Markets, I have an account with another Australian Forex Broker, ThinkForex, and I deal with them because of FOS.

Best of luck in getting this matter settled.

If that bucketshop broker got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, of course FOS will rule in favor of the Trader.

BUT that bucketshop broker uses the MT4 built-in virtual dealer plugins to manipulate their clients trading platform which is extremely difficult thing to prove....I-See-Bucketshop knows it and so they VERY confidently "invite" (in fact insist) their clients to file a formal complaint to the FOS knowing all too well that's going to be a big waste of time.

As for being in business that long, I-See-Bucketshop will suffer the same fate as the other regulated brokers who became rouge bucketshop brokers.

Here is my situation:
I’ve lost 424 US dollars during Non-farm payroll on 05.06.2015 since my order was autoclosed in 1 ms after opening (My order (buy USDJPY, at amount 1.70 with deposit 718.8$) was opened at 15:30:01.514 at a price 125.310 and then automatically closed at 15:30:02 at a price 124.998).
There is no information about the closure in logs. There is only information that position was opened. Position was closed automatically - i haven't seen the closure neither in MT4 terminal nor in logs The thing is - there was no such move of market and MT4 charts prove that! Hereafter I provide all my evidences.

At once I’ve tried to start the live chat and was to wait for some time during the queue. In live chat after asking my question about autoclosure of my order I was told that since the broker was experiencing technical problems I had to contact support by mail. By mail they asked to fill in the investigation form since I’ve experienced the issue during trading. By the way, at the time I've written first mail to support I still could have closed my position with 440 US dollar profit.
Then I’ve filled an investigation form, asking to provide an explanation of the situation. The answer was:

Your order was margin stopped out as a result of insufficient funds to cover the margin and the order was submitted during market volatility (non-farm payroll), there was a 110 pip spike on USD/JPY and similar movement of other pairs where prices were moving very fast with spreads widening.

Since it was a spike, I demanded to cancel the order because spike is non-market quotation (110 pips in 1 ms is anomaly) and it is common practice of responsible brokers to do that. Moreover, I asked to provide the tick chart to prove that spike. I also asked, why have this spike occurred to me and haven’t to other traders I communicate with, trading the same pair with the same broker at the same time with bigger leverages and smaller deposits. I also attached the screenshots of mt4s of these friends.

Up to now, I don’t have the tick chart and appropriate comments on this situation, moreover, after my replies my account manager said that he has another interpretation of the term spike, different from the commonly used. I’ve received a lot of mail, none answering my questions in appropriate way, ignoring my new questions arising from support replies.
I’ve contacted Live chat support, they arranged 2 phone calls to settle the issue but none of them was made.

In the last e-mail after the 3d time I asked to provide the evidences, proving the spike or either to cancel the order I was told to find evidences by myself on their servers. Is it appropriate service? Don’t think so..

I am to lodge a complaint to a FOS regulator and appeal to others, experiencing the same issue to use their rights and do the same in order to have the just settlement of an issue.

ICmarkets was the broker, all my friends-traders would advise, but not after this situation. I feel like being fooled, asking to provide trading data but receiving some random information for the third week.

I also attach my MT4 screenshot and my logs. I'll provide more info within FPA Court Submission.

your case are exactly same with mine : happen During NFP . sametime 15:30 and close within 2 second but price never show at that position.
Note : If they provide you their liquidity execution detail , look carefully at the time of execution . Is it 15:30:02 or not ? in my case i see 2 different time zone , one is 15:30 another one is 13:30

Thank you! But ICM is totally cheating me! They do not provide information I demanded, moreover their replies differ from time to time: in the first mail I was said about 5 pips spread, in the latest mail they stated that spread was more than 30 pips. I don't know how to deal with them - that's totally fraud with no options for me to struggle.

Thank you for your help! In fact, I'm new here, could you please explain how to invite I-See-Bucketshop representative?

I've already lodged a complaint with FOS.

Thank you for your attention! I've already lodged a complaint with FOS and looking for the just settlement. In fact, my situation with that NFP and ICMarkets is not a single one.

Back