Resolved - My horrible experience with Markets.com

prosperity2013

Private
I would like to share my most unpleasant experience with Markets.com with other members. On the 18th of March 2013, the day that Cyprus had major banking problems, Markets.com was having serious problems with their their computers and trading platforms. I opened 3 positions in the morning. After sometime, when I came to check, I noticed that two of the positions had vanished. I immediately went on a live chat and explained my problem and was told that everything would soon to be taken care of. That day I had five live chats and three phone calls with them. For ten days till the 28th of March, trades that were closed would suddenly reappear on my trading platform with huge losses. Markets.com could not fix the computer glitch. My life came to a standstill.I stopped going out, cancelling appointments, waking up every hour to check and make sure that closed trades with huge losses would suddenly not appear and wipe out my principle.I was afraid that markets.com would refuse to take responsibilty and reimburse me.Finally, based on the suggestions given by them, I opened a new account.But the aggravation did not stop there. Markets.com refused to reimburse me part of my losses.For a month and a half they gave me the run around treating me like an imbecile with no respect or courtesy.I have traded with many companies in the past but never ever
been treated so badly.

I was given a $100 bonus as compensation and promised that it would be with no strings attached. Meaning that even if I withdrew money, they would not take the $100 out of my account. But as soon as I withdrew some money, they took the money out. Finally after I told them that I was going to lodge a complaint with the FSA and CYSEC, they sent me a waiver and said that if I signed it, they would reimburse the money. I refused. I saw no reason why I should sign a waiver to get back money that is rightfully mine. Then when I mailed them that I was going to go ahead and post messages on the websites and have FSA look in to this,they suddenly put the money back in my account.They are dishonest and unethical and I claim that Markets.com tried to scam me of my money since they felt that they could do so and get away with it.

Due to the problems with the computer, I could not close some of the trades and they are at a loss . As soon as things turn around, I will close these positions and close my account with Markets.com. But I do not trade with them anymore.

I am in the process of complaining about them to all the authorities they are regulated with and also seek financial compensation from FOS.I am doing this more as a matter of principle than money.These people need to be held accountable for harrassing me so much and putting me through such aggravation. No brokerage has a right to scam its clients of their hard earned money and the least they could have done is to have the courtesy to look into my repeated requests to investigate the matter further and return money that is rightfully mine.

Sure would be thankful if those of you with more experience and knowledge could give me guidance and feedback. You can write to me at prosperitymagick@gmail.com.

Thank you all for your time.

You have done well in your complaints.

Now, write to Markets.com informing them that you have started a thread on them here at the FPA and invite them to reply to your post & complaint.

I see you have not yet posted a review on them at the FPA "Forex Brokers Reviews" (top left hand of this page under "Reviews & Ratings").
You should post your review there too.

Also, there is an interesting post (no.8) at the "Live discussion of Markets.com (SafeCap Investments Limited)" by wsparcie22 on 11-Mar-2013

Thank you Rahman for your response.
I have sent the reviews to the Forex Broker reviews and also in the Live discussion by wsparcie22 as suggested by you.

have a great weekend.

Markets.com

Thanks Rahman.
I have submitted a review for forex brokers and also sent the review for submission to Live discussion of Markets.com.

Have a great weekend.

You have done well in your complaints.

Now, write to Markets.com informing them that you have started a thread on them here at the FPA and invite them to reply to your post & complaint.

I see you have not yet posted a review on them at the FPA "Forex Brokers Reviews" (top left hand of this page under "Reviews & Ratings").
You should post your review there too.

Also, there is an interesting post (no.8) at the "Live discussion of Markets.com (SafeCap Investments Limited)" by wsparcie22 on 11-Mar-2013

At Markets.com we take customer service very seriously. With regards to the issues raised by the user Prosperity2013, we found that in response to her complaints she was offered compensation plus a bonus. However, it is company policy that compensation and bonuses cannot be disbursed without the client’s waiver signature. Since the client refused to sign we were unable to provide the proposed compensation and bonus and therefore closed the case after sending an official notification letter. Our policies conform fully to the CySEC and FCA regulatory standards under which Markets.com is licensed.

At Markets.com we take customer service very seriously. With regards to the issues raised by the user Prosperity2013, we found that in response to her complaints she was offered compensation plus a bonus. However, it is company policy that compensation and bonuses cannot be disbursed without the client’s waiver signature. Since the client refused to sign we were unable to provide the proposed compensation and bonus and therefore closed the case after sending an official notification letter. Our policies conform fully to the CySEC and FCA regulatory standards under which Markets.com is licensed.

This is an outrageous lie! The non-committal, vague response is proof that it is so.
I was sent a waiver to sign for getting back money that Markets.com had scammed me of, money that was rightfully mine. I refused to sign a waiver to get back the money that rightfully belonged to me. I was NOT offered a compensation. In fact, the bonus of $100 which was given to me with no strings attached was promptly taken away as soon as I withdrew some funds. I was promised a $300 bonus which was never given. The rep who called me after I sent a message that I was going to lodge a complaint with FSA, offered me a bonus which would also be promptly taken away if I did not meet their required standards for trading. Since I was no longer interested in trading with Markets.com due to their lack of integrity, I was not interested in the bonus. I told the rep who called that I would be willing to sign a waiver if they compensated me for the aggravation that I was subjected to.I was NEVER offered a compensation. At the suggestion of FOS to approach you again to see if a settlement could be reached, I sent two emails that I would be willing to sign a waiver and work out a settlement with you to avoid all the unpleasantness but no one responded or made any attempts to set this right.

If Markets.com takes customer service very seriously as you claim, I would like to know why despite my repeated requests, I was hassled for over a month and a half for you to return the money that belonged to me. I was told that I was not owed any money and I had been over compensated when I was not even compensated for money that was mine.I would like to know why markets.com made no attempts to compensate me for the trauma and aggravation that I was subjected to. Why was no investigation made despite my repeatedly sending you all the facts about my account and the money that was owed to me? I am still willing to work it out with Markets.com and if no solution comes up, I most certainly will pursue this further.

There is currently an open investigation with regards to Mr. Alqenaei's complaints and we do not comment on open investigations for a number of legal reasons.

Back