Resolved - Scammed by KrugerExchange

London student

Recruit
I am a victim of a scam. In the beginning of February I opened an account with Kruger Exchange and deposited £250 on their trading platform. I instantly received a call from one of their brokers called Michelle Suchi to introduce the company and say that I could not make any money with £250 but that if I opened a premium account she could trade with me and make big profits. I was not convinced but she kept calling me everyday until she managed to convince me to deposit £5000 GBP. I am not financially educated so unfortunately I believed her. Although I told her that I did not have the money she convinced me to use my credit card saying that before the next statement was due I would have doubled the money and be able to pay it back to the bank. Now I realised how stupid I was but at the time I believed her and made the payment. She arranged some Skype trading sessions with me to teach me how to trade and to trade with me. On the second session we made over £2000 GBP profit. Two weeks after I had a personal issue with my grandmother and she had to be hospitalised and I urgently needed money to pay for her medical assistance. I then massaged the broker at KrugerExchange explaining the situation and asking to withdraw my funds. (At the beginning I was told that I could withdraw funds at any time as long as my balance was sufficient). There is when the nightmare started. She was not calling me back and always saying that she was busy. At some point she called me and said that I could not withdraw my funds until the 15th of march but that the money would be in my account by that day and that she would transfer me to a different broker because as I was not interested in trading anymore she could not keep me. After I wrote a massive email complaining, a few days later a received a call from another broker called Jessica Smith saying that she was Michelle's (my original broker) supervisor. She then said that I could not withdraw my funds unless I traded with her stating that my account was under some sort of contract and that I had to generate liquidity before getting my funds back. I said that I did not want to trade any longer and she was really rude to me on the phone saying that she was losing money every second she was with me on the phone and that if I didn't want her help to get my money back she would have to call me back another day.
I then wrote another email complaining and I got a call from a guy called Adam claiming that he was from the financial department and saying that he understands my frustration however if I don't trade as they want, they can hold my funds for months. He said that I had to do only one trade that would be an assured trade and then I could withdraw my funds. So Jessica called me back and told me to place a trade on the platform and leave it open saying that by Friday the 15th I would get my money back. Friday came and I did not hear from them nor got my money back. So I went to check the platform online and the website was down, the URL no longer existed. I then emailed them and the emails bounced back as the server did not existed. The following day Jessica contacted me saying that they changed the domain to kruger-exchange.com instead of krugerexchnge.com and when I asked about my money she said that as I don't want to trade I can't take my money out until I generate liquidity and finish with the alleged contract that my money is on. She then added a USD3900 bonus to my account as an apology for the inconvenience. Which is bull**** since I can't withdraw the money. Now I owe £5000 GBP to Visa and HSBC and my grandmother is not getting the assistance needed. I am a full time student and having that huge debt is gonna ruin my finances. I reported to the Financial Conduct Authority, to HSBS (which is trying a charge back), to VISA and to Action Fraud whom has taken on the report and has logged it and has provided me with a Crime Reference Number.

Any guidance from you guys on anything else I could do?

Ps: sorry for the long email.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 20.03.29.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 20.03.29.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 20.08.50.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 20.08.50.png
    424.5 KB · Views: 6
  • KE email evidence1.jpg
    KE email evidence1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 8
  • KE email evidence2.jpg
    KE email evidence2.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 8
I am a victim of a scam. In the beginning of February I opened an account with Kruger Exchange and deposited £250 on their trading platform. I instantly received a call from one of their brokers called Michelle Suchi to introduce the company and say that I could not make any money with £250 but that if I opened a premium account she could trade with me and make big profits. I was not convinced but she kept calling me everyday until she managed to convince me to deposit £5000 GBP. I am not financially educated so unfortunately I believed her. Although I told her that I did not have the money she convinced me to use my credit card saying that before the next statement was due I would have doubled the money and be able to pay it back to the bank. Now I realised how stupid I was but at the time I believed her and made the payment. She arranged some Skype trading sessions with me to teach me how to trade and to trade with me. On the second session we made over £2000 GBP profit. Two weeks after I had a personal issue with my grandmother and she had to be hospitalised and I urgently needed money to pay for her medical assistance. I then massaged the broker at KrugerExchange explaining the situation and asking to withdraw my funds. (At the beginning I was told that I could withdraw funds at any time as long as my balance was sufficient). There is when the nightmare started. She was not calling me back and always saying that she was busy. At some point she called me and said that I could not withdraw my funds until the 15th of march but that the money would be in my account by that day and that she would transfer me to a different broker because as I was not interested in trading anymore she could not keep me. After I wrote a massive email complaining, a few days later a received a call from another broker called Jessica Smith saying that she was Michelle's (my original broker) supervisor. She then said that I could not withdraw my funds unless I traded with her stating that my account was under some sort of contract and that I had to generate liquidity before getting my funds back. I said that I did not want to trade any longer and she was really rude to me on the phone saying that she was losing money every second she was with me on the phone and that if I didn't want her help to get my money back she would have to call me back another day.
I then wrote another email complaining and I got a call from a guy called Adam claiming that he was from the financial department and saying that he understands my frustration however if I don't trade as they want, they can hold my funds for months. He said that I had to do only one trade that would be an assured trade and then I could withdraw my funds. So Jessica called me back and told me to place a trade on the platform and leave it open saying that by Friday the 15th I would get my money back. Friday came and I did not hear from them nor got my money back. So I went to check the platform online and the website was down, the URL no longer existed. I then emailed them and the emails bounced back as the server did not existed. The following day Jessica contacted me saying that they changed the domain to kruger-exchange.com instead of krugerexchnge.com and when I asked about my money she said that as I don't want to trade I can't take my money out until I generate liquidity and finish with the alleged contract that my money is on. She then added a USD3900 bonus to my account as an apology for the inconvenience. Which is bull**** since I can't withdraw the money. Now I owe £5000 GBP to Visa and HSBC and my grandmother is not getting the assistance needed. I am a full time student and having that huge debt is gonna ruin my finances. I reported to the Financial Conduct Authority, to HSBS (which is trying a charge back), to VISA and to Action Fraud whom has taken on the report and has logged it and has provided me with a Crime Reference Number.

Any guidance from you guys on anything else I could do?

Ps: sorry for the long email.
FCA Issued the warning against them few days ago which you can check here https://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/marketing-essentials-t-kruger-exchange-ltd
And the website went down.
Check the FCA link and follow what to do next suggested there.

Following up my previous post. After exchanging emails with KrugerExchange, they finally authorised my withdraw request. I have already received the funds in BTC and they only have deducted some fees from the transaction when I originally purchased bitcoins. I have not received the profit yet as it is subject to the terms and conditions of the leverage that was put into my account but according to KrugerExchange I can trade on the profit as I wish. Therefore I would kindly ask for this post to be removed or marked as resolved please.

Thank you for the platform and space to express my concerns.

Following up my previous post. After exchanging emails with KrugerExchange, they finally authorised my withdraw request. I have already received the funds in BTC and they only have deducted some fees from the transaction when I originally purchased bitcoins. I have not received the profit yet as it is subject to the terms and conditions of the leverage that was put into my account but according to KrugerExchange I can trade on the profit as I wish. Therefore I would kindly ask for this post to be removed or marked as resolved please.

Thank you for the platform and space to express my concerns.
It`s always good to see resolved cases. Yo mods, can you mark this thread as a resolved please and move it to resolved folder??

Note: Don't forget to update* your review if you left any :)
* To update the review, you need to submit a review for the company with the same name as you used before on their review page.

Back