Resolved: Think markets placed a plugin quote maker on my account which caused excessive slippage and feed freezing

florian invest

Corporal
hi Harley Salt, alla polyanskaya, jacob galea , scott head of risk.

on the 1st feb i reached out as i could see issues, but i didn't know of the manipulation that was taking place on the back end of my account at this time, so kept trading as any full time trader would (see attached email it was ignored)

multiple times i have brought to all of attention that think markets caused me issues with my trading,
we had a mediation phone call last week, i mentioned to scott head of risk about the code change, for someone in his position i find it very strange that he didnt know a code in a back end log.. after going in circles he blamed it on fortex. i have read the fortex user guide and this statement isnt correct. as in the user guide someone in scotts position controls this code. the code wasn't needed when my trades went to stp, and when it popped up there was over 10% in slippage on my account, pretty crazy when they have a fair execution policy and say they're regulated in Australia.
so there was no losing days previous to this code.. on the first losing day there was over 10k aud in slippage before any losses of course this would affect a trader..
then things went down hill..

you all know what went on, u even supplied a slippage report saying it was all of the trades i had placed slippage and offered me 2k to walk.. when there was over 31k in just slippage, thats abit rude isnt it?

to this date they still cant provide trade slips to show i was stp trade, yes the back end logs say stp, but u could of warehoused them and ran them through b book..

you all have obligations under the AFSL and none of u have stuck to them

please see below documents

email to support before any losses took place
fortex bridge user guide on warehousing trades
think markets compliance slippage report stating all the slippage on my account
fortex quote maker showing forex 2, they had one set up for me tho under forex 3
quote maker groups, they set up this group to cause me issues as they didnt need it before to route trades, they also kept it on when back to b book, my trades should of been routed via the pro account like they where to start with, yet they got greedy
when they changed my trades to stp.. no security quote maker needed
when they added the quote maker
when they still had the quote maker on manipulating my feed when back to b book

this b book stp book i doubt it true, they cant provide trade slips showing the trades after 8 months and with the bridge software they use it can just say stp but go via b book

there are alot more but i will upload gradually

please message me if youve had issues with this broker i need names and account numbers

Attachments

• 1st feb email.PNG
    1st feb email.PNG
    72.6 KB · Views: 20
  • b book wharehousing.png
    b book wharehousing.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 21
  • compliance slippage.png
    compliance slippage.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 18
  • fortex quote maker.png
    fortex quote maker.png
    318 KB · Views: 18
  • quote maker groups.png
    quote maker groups.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 01 17 stp log.PNG
    01 17 stp log.PNG
    69.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 01 21 security alert.PNG
    01 21 security alert.PNG
    55.6 KB · Views: 19
  • b book still quote maker alert.PNG
    b book still quote maker alert.PNG
    44 KB · Views: 21
Hi Florian, your post could not have come at a better time, this is a first post for me but a good trader friend of mine advised me to look for reviews on FPA with regards to selecting a new broker and thankfully I have, I have to confess Think Markets WAS at the top of my list before reading your post but without doubt there is no way now I would feel comfortable placing 100k+ account with them and then feeling that I was going to be treated fairly.

Anyway , as mentioned first post, but just wanted to express my gratitude. I hope your case gets resolved promptly and the outcome is as desired, it certainly looks like you have a lot of proof to back you case up.

All the best

hi Harley Salt, alla polyanskaya, jacob galea , scott head of risk.

on the 1st feb i reached out as i could see issues, but i didn't know of the manipulation that was taking place on the back end of my account at this time, so kept trading as any full time trader would (see attached email it was ignored)

multiple times i have brought to all of attention that think markets caused me issues with my trading,
we had a mediation phone call last week, i mentioned to scott head of risk about the code change, for someone in his position i find it very strange that he didnt know a code in a back end log.. after going in circles he blamed it on fortex. i have read the fortex user guide and this statement isnt correct. as in the user guide someone in scotts position controls this code. the code wasn't needed when my trades went to stp, and when it popped up there was over 10% in slippage on my account, pretty crazy when they have a fair execution policy and say they're regulated in Australia.
so there was no losing days previous to this code.. on the first losing day there was over 10k aud in slippage before any losses of course this would affect a trader..
then things went down hill..

you all know what went on, u even supplied a slippage report saying it was all of the trades i had placed slippage and offered me 2k to walk.. when there was over 31k in just slippage, thats abit rude isnt it?

to this date they still cant provide trade slips to show i was stp trade, yes the back end logs say stp, but u could of warehoused them and ran them through b book..

you all have obligations under the AFSL and none of u have stuck to them

email to support before any losses took place
fortex bridge user guide on warehousing trades
think markets compliance slippage report stating all the slippage on my account
fortex quote maker showing forex 2, they had one set up for me tho under forex 3
quote maker groups, they set up this group to cause me issues as they didnt need it before to route trades, they also kept it on when back to b book, my trades should of been routed via the pro account like they where to start with, yet they got greedy
when they changed my trades to stp.. no security quote maker needed
when they added the quote maker
when they still had the quote maker on manipulating my feed when back to b book

this b book stp book i doubt it true, they cant provide trade slips showing the trades after 8 months and with the bridge software they use it can just say stp but go via b book

there are alot more but i will upload gradually

please message me if youve had issues with this broker i need names and account numbers
First of all, invite the company by using the invite company option to your thread. And if you are unable to locate the option then this thread "Tutorial: How to Invite a company to your thread." will help you to find out.

Note: Invitation button will be enabled when your first post reaches 4 days old.

So the complaint seems to be about 2 or more trades being slipped.

The timeline is a bit confusing. It would be good if you can [re]state which trades were slipped.

For each slipped trade, can you identify:
  • Date/time stamp of transaction.
  • transaction # (each trade/deal)
  • expected entry/exit price
  • actual entry/exit price

- Which trading platform did you use to execute these trades? (e.g. mt4, mt5, ctrader, fortex, etc)
- are you using any automation to trade?
- Do you have account statement you can attach? (highlight the error trades)
- mt4 or other platform journal records showing execution times for each of the relevant trades
- Is the account currency in USD, AUD, EUR, etc?

Tell the story as if the reader is unfamiliar with fortex or what "forex2" and "forex3"

A more specific timeline + evidence format for each wrongdoing will help paint a clearer picture of the injustice for readers.

Try to attach the evidence in-line also within/between paragraphs (for each slipped trade). Again, this will make the timeline easier to follow.

The timeline + evidence format for each wrongdoing will help paint a clearer picture of the injustice. And how you arrive at the $31k total slippage.

Hi Florian, your post could not have come at a better time, this is a first post for me but a good trader friend of mine advised me to look for reviews on FPA with regards to selecting a new broker and thankfully I have, I have to confess Think Markets WAS at the top of my list before reading your post but without doubt there is no way now I would feel comfortable placing 100k+ account with them and then feeling that I was going to be treated fairly.

Anyway , as mentioned first post, but just wanted to express my gratitude. I hope your case gets resolved promptly and the outcome is as desired, it certainly looks like you have a lot of proof to back you case up.

All the best

Curious: What would prompt you to almost send $100k AUD/USD/EUR/etc to a complete stranger?

PS: my paypal and neteller details are in the signature.

So the complaint seems to be about 2 or more trades being slipped.

The timeline is a bit confusing. It would be good if you can [re]state which trades were slipped.

For each slipped trade, can you identify:
  • Date/time stamp of transaction.
  • transaction # (each trade/deal)
  • expected entry/exit price
  • actual entry/exit price

- Which trading platform did you use to execute these trades? (e.g. mt4, mt5, ctrader, fortex, etc)
- are you using any automation to trade?
- Do you have account statement you can attach? (highlight the error trades)
- mt4 or other platform journal records showing execution times for each of the relevant trades
- Is the account currency in USD, AUD, EUR, etc?

Tell the story as if the reader is unfamiliar with fortex or what "forex2" and "forex3"

A more specific timeline + evidence format for each wrongdoing will help paint a clearer picture of the injustice for readers.

Try to attach the evidence in-line also within/between paragraphs (for each slipped trade). Again, this will make the timeline easier to follow.

The timeline + evidence format for each wrongdoing will help paint a clearer picture of the injustice. And how you arrive at the $31k total slippage.

Curious: What would prompt you to almost send $100k AUD/USD/EUR/etc to a complete stranger?

PS: my paypal and neteller details are in the signature.

long story short on my back end logs they placed a quote maker plug in to cause me losses

its a few hundred trades slipped after the code was placed on my account, the code represents there quote maker
ive got a month of logs i dont think anyone would like to go through them, i did tho ill supply a excel sheet at a later date.

it was mt4
all manual trades

the error trades are in the hundreds.. will show trade numbers in the excel sheet
i dont have my platform journals but i have my back end logs provided by the broker
aud

the forex 2 forex 3 are codes they use to mark up a clients trades they steer there orders onto a different placement system to add slippage as shown in the quote maker photo, they can also add markups/slippage via different order types..

i emailed support first of feb, spoke with a new account manager on the 5th was a random call.. on the 5th i was slipped over 10k he did ask me if i was manually trading or not and a few other things but forgot to mention that there was over 9400 aud in slippage up to that date which isn't a fair execution policy nor a fair and honest as there license says they have to be

its over 31k in slippage when i added the requested price and fill prices in logs.. i didn't add all of the trades up tho so there is more.. in the end i couldn't win a trade, they run algo and scalp gaurds and alot of other plugins on your accounts

it was a 5k account i built up to 120k only started taking losses after all of the heavy slippage, like 10k of slippage in aday is stupid.. and over 10% in slippage on a 94k account is crazy, most of it was after the code hardly any before

its going through afca, gone through mediation.. they lied then i said i had the user guide for the bridge provider and called them out on the ****

im not on here asking for help i just think people need to know what this broker did to me and would be doing to others..

ive done a post on my Instagram today do_you_even in my story.. shows everything i want this broker shut down and for people to wake up to what they get upto

Hopefully you can upload your own spreadsheet (or use one with public viewing like google sheets) to show the slipped trades and how you calculated it. Or journal logs showing either time delays or clear differences.

This is where video recording is very powerful. For example, the recent case with octafx. Take a look at the video. You will see clearly the price the user was shown is not the same as the price they were executed as. Although the journal/acct history logs will provide additional clarification.

slippage report, i didn't add all of my logs up but this paints a picture think markets wont be honest about.. the top numbers are what they provided. there is a excel sheet with the calculations on it, i wont be sharing on here as it wasn't my job to do so. think markets should of provided a full slippage report. this is 8 months of bull**** now.
they stated they didn't know what this code was so i told them and they still denied it. ill be limiting the information i post as they will just try tell lies, this is currently being reviewed by afca, i do have a few media outlets interested as well.

i have invited
harley Salt he is the general manager at think markets in Melbourne he knows what went on yet decides to ignore me
jacob galea he was my account manager
alla polyanskaya she was the compliance that provided the slippage report in the final response saying there was 2,000 aud in slippage

they have refused to provide trade slips and after 8 months provided logs which show the extra code which they played dumb about

think markets also did two trade investigations when they forgot to mention the slippage and offered me a whole $200 into my account

theirs a lot of emails/ phone calls ect ill be posting over the next month if they choose to ignore my offer i sent on sunday

this has been 8 months now of we dont know what changed and nothing had changed, yet for some reason someone with no training in the fx market can view the same logs my account manager was and i can see the issue

my youtube is on private still ill end up doing afew more and work out best tags ect to use

Attachments

• slippage report.PNG
    slippage report.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 6
Good on you @florian invest keep up the fight! I'm from the UK and our regulators really need to wake up to these criminals and start taking them down. I'll follow your vids etc. Personally I'll only be happy when retail forex is gone for good and a thing of the past!!!!

Back