RESOLVED via FOS - ThinkMarkets STOLE €43,521.96! ThinkTwice Before You Trade With Them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I meant Ombudsman of FCA. What is the outcome of it? Do they help much?

So far they only responded me with official emails. They would help me and investigate the case. The last email they said they would have to wait for the information ThinkMarkets is going to give:

Dear Sir Van Beek

your complaint about TF Global Markets (UK) Limited (trading as ThinkMarkets)Thank you for contacting us. We have now asked the business to send us the information they have about this complaint so we can look into what has happened.

Once we receive this, one of our adjudicators can begin to investigate. They should be in touch within twelve weeks to introduce themselves and discuss the complaint in more detail. If you would like us to contact you using a different format or language, please let us know now.

This "off quotes" broker scam happens too much. If the broker offers the price, then that should be seen as an enforced contract allowing the trader to trade that price. Hopefully future regulation will close this loophole. It's telling that brokers will only reverse trades if the trades in question are profitable trades. It must fairy magic how these off quotes, arbitrage "problems" never happen to unprofitable trades.

Hope you get your money back man. I'd like to thank you anyway. My current accounts are getting too big, above 50K in each, so I have been looking to split around 20-30K into another account. I was looking at REMOVED and ThinkMarkets. After reading this thread, I won't be using ThinkMarkets, ever.

I'd like to also recommend WinChargeBack.com if the regulators don't give any solution.

No, unfortunately still not resolved. I'm waiting for their call and their response to this thread. I want to give them the opportunity to resolve it, before I take it to the traders court.

Avoid voice calls. Only use written communication (mainly email; live chat is ok but make sure you get transcript of conversation; take screenshots or record screen and keep it under 10 minutes). Even if you use live chat, you should still follow up with email.

Nevertheless, you can install Automatic Call Recorder software such as this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder&hl=en . Test it at least once with 1 inbound and 1 outbound call after installing it.

And stop messing around, it's been over a week. File a Trader's court case

This "off quotes" broker scam happens too much. If the broker offers the price, then that should be seen as an enforced contract allowing the trader to trade that price. Hopefully future regulation will close this loophole. It's telling that brokers will only reverse trades if the trades in question are profitable trades. It must fairy magic how these off quotes, arbitrage "problems" never happen to unprofitable trades.
A scam broker will always come up with unethical ways to force the loss on you. Here is a really good example:

Hope you get your money back man. I'd like to thank you anyway. My current accounts are getting too big, above 50K in each, so I have been looking to split around 20-30K into another account. I was looking at ICMarkets and ThinkMarkets. After reading this thread, I won't be using ThinkMarkets, ever.

I'd like to also recommend WinChargeBack.com if the regulators don't give any solution.

You might want to take a look at REMOVED

DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY COMPANIES IN A COMPLAINT ABOUT ANOTHER COMPANY. DOING SO PERMANENTLY TIES THE NAME OF THE RECOMMENDED COMPANY TO AN UNRELATED COMPLAINT.

---
You mean the Financial Ombudsman of FCA? Then yes...
If you mean directly with FCA or FOS... no. Do you recommend doing that?

Actually, FOS = Financial Ombudsman Service.

But you should also do an FPA Trader's court case independently of UK FOS.

You might want to take a look at REMOVED
Thanks. I already have accounts with REMOVED, REMOVED, and REMOVED. I'd go so far as to say that I trust REMOVED the most out of all brokers.

DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY FOREX COMPANIES IN A COMPLAINT ABOUT ANOTHER FOREX COMPANY. DOING SO PERMANENTLY TIES THE NAME OF THE RECOMMENDED COMPANY TO AN UNRELATED COMPLAINT.

This case is still open. I'm in contact with the Financial Ombudsman. Very kind person and helpful.

The person contacted ThinkMarkets (ThinkForex) and they gave information about my case.

However the Financial Ombudsman couldn't decide who was wrong or right.

So the FO requested ThinkMarkets (ThinkForex) for more information. Until then I have to wait for their response and the FO's conclusion.

I also explicitily said that the 10 (actually 11) most profitable trades of the 61 trades made that day, were cancelled. The FO took note of that.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Thank you for reading.

The FOS or Financial Ombudsman Service looked into my complaint and came up with a conclusion. (It can be found in the attachment of this post).

According to what the FOS saw, is that I traded on an off market quote. However, if I traded on market quotes I would still made a profit, and therefore I should be compensated by TF (ThinkMarkets/ThinkForex), including 8% interest until the date of agreement.

I think it is very positive, however I wonder what the right market quotes are, and how it's possible TF got different quotes.

I'll keep you posted.

Attachments

• Sir Van Beek.pdf
    39.5 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back