Retail forex traders don't make money?

Azlan00IM

Private
Now, I've watched this thread at Warrior Forum and get statement from someone who claimed that he was a trader. He said that retail traders don't make money, but banks made money from their mistakes. Now, I'm super annoyed with this kind of statement. Care to argue with this?

There are some retail traders that make money but the number of such traders are too low. Some just pretend that they are making money regularly from trading so that they can get some teaching fee from other newbies.

I'm still new to forex actually, is there a difference between retail traders and people who trade forex online, such as FPAers?

Now, I've watched this thread at Warrior Forum and get statement from someone who claimed that he was a trader. He said that retail traders don't make money, but banks made money from their mistakes. Now, I'm super annoyed with this kind of statement. Care to argue with this?

retails.png
This is especially true with Market Maker brokers and Dealing Desks.

Market makers take the opposite side of your trades, meaning your losses are their gains and vice versa. But that doesn't necessarily make them bad. If you lose someone else wins, if you win someone else loses.

Market makers take the opposite side of your trades, meaning your losses are their gains and vice versa. But that doesn't necessarily make them bad. If you lose someone else wins, if you win someone else loses.

I would prefer to do my trading in a Broker that is providing me True ECN Forex trading because that is the only way for me to become successful in the business :)

If you are scalping then yes - ECN provide good execution and narrow spreads. If you're a long-term trader all that maters is that the broker is reliable.

I think still possibe as retail trader can making money with forex, but maybe still many retail trader get fail in trading, and only few percent able incresing profit, forex is speculative investment, I am ever make one dollar become more than twenty dollar but also ever get loss more than one hundred dollar in forex trading.

Back