Reza Mokhtarian Charged with Fraud by the OSC

AsstModerator

FPA Forums and Reviews Admin
Reza Mokhtarian has been problem for a long time. First, he used every possible method, including legal threats, threats to take down the FPA, threats of hiring hackers, threats against me, threats against my family, and more to try to prevent his clients from being able to express their views and share facts about their dealings with Reza.

Based on his actions, he's earned the titles of both scoundrel and scammer at the FPA.

The wheels of justice have finally begun to turn. So far, it's only one count of criminal fraud. I believe there is a good chance of many more charges to come.

Here is the announcement from the Ontario Securities Commission...

Reza Mokhtarian Charged with Fraud Over $5,000

TORONTO – The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) announced today that Reza Mokhatarian of King City, Ontario has been charged with an alleged breach of the Criminal Code following an investigation by the OSC’s Joint Serious Offences Team (JSOT).

Mokhtarian has been charged with one count of fraud against the public over $5000, contrary to section 380(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.

The OSC alleges that Mokhatarian committed this offence between the dates of July 1, 2013 and December 31, 2015.

Mokhtarian is scheduled to appear in court on this matter on October 26, 2016, at 9:00 am in Courtroom #111, Old City Hall, 60 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario.

JSOT was established by the OSC as an enforcement partnership between the OSC, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Financial Crime program and the Ontario Provincial Police Anti-Rackets Branch. The primary objective of JSOT is to protect investors and further enhance confidence in the Canadian capital markets through effective enforcement. This is accomplished through collaborative investigations of serious violations of the law using the provisions of the Securities Act or the Criminal Code.

The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in the capital markets. Investors are urged to check the registration of any persons or company offering an investment opportunity and to review the OSC investor materials available at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca

I'd like to express my personal thanks to the OSC for taking the first big step towards bringing Reza to justice.

Link to OSC Announcement

Capital Trust Markets Review Page

Mentor Tips Review Page

Reza Mokhtarian's Scoundrel Thread

It seems this perpetrator made every unethical attempt to mute the voices of those who oppose his alleged criminal activity. And as a testament of the effectiveness of FPA and it's members, this alleged hooligan is ranked #2 on google search by name and links back to this page along with other FPA warning pages. This is quite an accomplishment for FPA and it's members.

Interestingly enough it's 2nd only because it's preceded by a CBC news article showing a bearded raccoon with 2 black eyes:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/reza-mokhtarian-trader-abducted-1.3467416

Back