Risk %

Hi, hoping for some advice on Risk % on a stop loss position.

I have read much and see advice and recommendations from 1% to 5% generally (with some in my opinion foolish people not using a stop loss at all, but each to their own).

I would be interested to hear from others about what % you risk and your reasoning for that level?
Also, do you always stick to that percentage risk or do you change it based on any ohter factors, like Risk : Reward?

Ideally higher risk will hardest to recover losing trades because emotion also has a role here.
when first-order get loss, next trades get the tension to cover previous loss, but small risk 2% I think normal. and suggested by expert

I work on a 1-2% risk. I think this is sensible, I find it's better to take smaller profits alongside small losses instead of big peaks and troughs. Also, I cannot understand people who trade without a SL, I think thats just asking for trouble.

We just see the no of % not know how this percentage will act in trading. In general 5% seems a low percentage but in actual this is much risk that can be difficult to handle in real trading. It means you can loose tis amount in just one trade if you are not able to get profit out of it. I will recommend to take risk less than 2% it will be enough for an average trader who is not consistent in trading or for small capitals.

Ideally higher risk will hardest to recover losing trades because emotion also has a role here.
when first-order get loss, next trades get the tension to cover previous loss, but small risk 2% I think normal. and suggested by expert
Yes emotions, this is a very good point, and not as easy to manage in live markets. Smaller is better it seems, 5% would requie a lot higher risk tolerance

I work on a 1-2% risk. I think this is sensible, I find it's better to take smaller profits alongside small losses instead of big peaks and troughs. Also, I cannot understand people who trade without a SL, I think thats just asking for trouble.
I have seen a lot of people trading EAs which have no stop loss and accounts have blown recently on the CHF moves that have happened. Far too risky for me.

Back