Risk %

Hahaha I was thinking the same, where is the astrology post!!!
As I have already posted to ele020, click "Search" in FPA and then type "Astrology Trading" and you will see as in screenshot below.

Attachments

• Screenshot1 Astrology Trading.jpg
    Screenshot1 Astrology Trading.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
This is for long term investment and must be treated as such and same as you would top up your bank fixed deposit. Needless to say, you must have a high level of confidence in your broker.
I have another investment system which I have previously tried out but abandoned due to being too impatient and messing around with it and killing it.
It's based on receiving high positive swaps and I have two Demo accounts running since 23-Feb'21 to give that system another try. If it reaffirm my conviction that system does indeed work as I had believed it would, at the end of the trial period in around 2-3 months from now, I will probably give that system one more go. The investment money is a little bit on the high side and I do not want a repeat of my first trial.

That's interesting. If you do more backtesting and indeed forward testing it would be great to have a look at that swap strategy

There are several ways you can look at risk management. Everybody will regurgitate the same 1-5% risk per trade tactics, however if you don't have all of your capital in the one account, then this rule doesn't need to apply.
At the end of the day, it's your money and you risk what ever you don't mind potentially loosing.
I have a low risk subaccount, medium and high.
My high risk account which I reserve for trades which I feel over 90% certain on and I go hard with the lot size on it. If it blows it's only 5-10% of my capital, but when they come good (9 out of 10), the rewards are sooo worth it

Whenever I have insufficient time (due to project work load, etc) to trade much, if necessary, I deposit more money to increase & maintain high free margin to sustain extended periods of time without trading. I trade one currency pair at a time and always in the direction where I get positive swap ...e.g. short EUR/USD.
Demo account will not work because you cannot top-up the account as you wish.

That Astrology Trading "system" can be found in the FPA by clicking on "Search" and type "Astrology Trading" and you will see something like below screenshot. I forgot I had engaged with that person in his/her post.
With the screenshot... I have seen it all!!!! just cant stop laughing,..... the thread is hilarious..
And regarding your strategy,,, I favour the concept of trading one currency at a time... Its always better to keep things simple. :)

With the screenshot... I have seen it all!!!! just cant stop laughing,..... the thread is hilarious..
And regarding your strategy,,, I favour the concept of trading one currency at a time... Its always better to keep things simple. :)
Yes, trading only one currency pair at a time will save your skin in more ways than one and gives you much more control of your trading account.
Cheers!

Back