Russia plans own cryptocurrency, would ban bitcoin

They may not ban Bitcoin now but yes they can are preparing to regulate it. One of my friend's accounts in Russia has been frozen due to CryptoTrading and asked for a declaration of Investment Fund as he trades in large volume. These are signs that strict regulation is on the way.
This is interesting and a little strange - I thought you were allowed to trade with cryptos in Russia, and they only clap down if you use it in exchange for goods and services.

Russia of course can easily ban cryptocurrency and create its own one. However, I believe that they won't do it, because nowadays bitcoin is so spread around the world that plenty of people already use it and keep their funds in it. Of course, some countries ban it, however I don't think people are glad to live in such countries, where bitcoin and crypto brokers arebanned, while all their funds were in bitcoin. Even if Russia will ban bitcoin, it won't lead to something positive, because Russian government understand the necessity of cryptocurrency nowadays. At least I tend to believe in this. If it will launch its own crypto, maybe this project will be successful, who know and it will be a real competitor to bitcoin. The time will show us everything.

I hope that all of the countries will finelly accept tockens like e-wallet, it would be great

it's planning but it still doesn't prohibit bitcoin, however it always tries to hint that it would ban it. according to the current situation on the market, it can easily do it. BUT,

Russia understands that it would lead to the collapse, as lots of people (I guess) keep their funds safe in cryptos. Ofc, not all the population of the country but those ones who have the ability, definitely keep their funds in bitcoin. My friend told me that it accept the laws concerning the crypto turnaround in the country, like they wanna fight with smuggling and drug trafficking. i dunno for sure whether it's a truth or not.

Back