Scam by SLFX mobile forex trading apps

feltlonely

Recruit
Hi.
I had been lurking in this forum and that's how I knew I had been scammed. Yes sometimes you keep on giving false hope that you are not being scammed but that's the reality I accepted after I read most of the posts here.
I had made report to my local authority and plan to do so to HKSFC.

So I met this online chinese guy from dating apps. He claimed he was now currently staying in my country and he was from Hongkong but his mom was from China.
Then silly me get to know him and downloaded a trading apps (link given by him) called SLFX (Link: m.slfxpro.com/download). And I just blindly accepted that this apps can't be found online as it is more secured for forex traders.

Once created the account, I deposited USD150 then make some profit and able to withdraw all of my fund in the account. Then is no issue on second withdrawal as well. But when comes to third withdrawal ie full withdrawal, then that's when all those tax payment, margin deposit, handling fee required.

I stopped after deposited the margin deposit (felt super stupid now). And I search for forex scam and that's how I came into this forum.

Well in positive side, money can be earn back but just have to dwell on how stupid I was...

Just wanted to post here so that people can able to find that this online apps called SLFX is a scam.
I cannot search anything about SLFX except there is a website called SLFX trading. but the logo used was not the same (this should be a red flag but yet I was stupid that time....)

Also guys, do you think I should make a complaint to HKSFC? Because I do not have any entity name, the chinese guy is fake, and I only liaised with the apps customer service (which they claimed they are governed by HKSFC) That's why I am thinking whether should I send a complaint or not.

Also I am not quite sure whether I post it in the correct thread though.

Anyway take care and stay safe!

Hi.
I had been lurking in this forum and that's how I knew I had been scammed. Yes sometimes you keep on giving false hope that you are not being scammed but that's the reality I accepted after I read most of the posts here.

So I met this online chinese guy from dating apps. He claimed he was now currently staying in my country and he was from Hongkong but his mom was from China.
Then silly me get to know him and downloaded a trading apps (link given by him) called SLFX (Link: m.slfxpro.com/download). And I just blindly accepted that this apps can't be found online as it is more secured for forex traders.

Once created the account, I deposited USD150 then make some profit and able to withdraw all of my fund in the account. Then is no issue on second withdrawal as well. But when comes to third withdrawal ie full withdrawal, then that's when all those tax payment, margin deposit, handling fee required.

I stopped after deposited the margin deposit (felt super stupid now). And I search for forex scam and that's how I came into this forum.

Well in positive side, money can be earn back but just have to dwell on how stupid I was...

Just wanted to post here so that people can able to find that this online apps called SLFX is a scam.
I cannot search anything about SLFX except there is a website called SLFX trading. but the logo used was not the same (this should be a red flag but yet I was stupid that time....)

Also guys, do you think I should make a complaint to HKSFC? Because I do not have any entity name, the chinese guy is fake, and I only liaised with the apps customer service (which they claimed they are governed by HKSFC) That's why I am thinking whether should I send a complaint or not.

Which app?

and what is your total initial deposit?

Hi.

Thanks for sharing and sorry for the monetary loss. 100% agree that money can earned back, take it as a lesson but I still suggest you to report. Especially to your bank if you did wire transfer and if you have given any private information such as ID or passport, change it and report it that you are a victim of a scam. So, if they do use your info in the future you are safe with reporting to the police.

Report to your local police.

Hong Kong: https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/04_crime_matters/adcc/contact.html

Hong Kong SFC: HK SFC Online Complaint Form

Singapore: https://www.police.gov.sg/I-Witness

Taiwan: https://english.police.gov.taipei/cp.aspx?n=4C927E8874B0DDE8

China: http://cyberpolice.mps.gov.cn/ but need someone who reads Chinese to navigate

Usually all these websites are register using GoDaddy so, please report it here too: abuse@godaddy.com

HOW TO COMPLAIN TO THE REGULATORS MANUAL

Thanks for sharing and sorry for the monetary loss. 100% agree that money can earned back, take it as a lesson but I still suggest you to report. Especially to your bank if you did wire transfer and if you have given any private information such as ID or passport, change it and report it that you are a victim of a scam. So, if they do use your info in the future you are safe with reporting to the police.

Report to your local police.

Hong Kong: https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/04_crime_matters/adcc/contact.html

Hong Kong SFC: HK SFC Online Complaint Form

Singapore: https://www.police.gov.sg/I-Witness

Taiwan: https://english.police.gov.taipei/cp.aspx?n=4C927E8874B0DDE8

China: http://cyberpolice.mps.gov.cn/ but need someone who reads Chinese to navigate

Usually all these websites are register using GoDaddy so, please report it here too: abuse@godaddy.com

HOW TO COMPLAIN TO THE REGULATORS MANUAL
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I had reported to my local police. As there is no website created, I cant check the IP address etc. I did checked on the police report which they said to be allow us to give our info to the suspect should they require to seek for more info or investigation which I felt it is kinda risky to me for the suspect to know more about me. So I am afraid to make report to Hong Kong police.
Any suggestion?

Hi.

Oh ya I also will receive email notification once I had opened the account and any changes in the account, notification will send by this email address: fxzlut@gmail.com. Any idea how we can check where this email being created?
Thanks.

Hi.

You can consider yourself lucky that they allowed you to make two withdrawals. But then, that was probably to gain your trust (and greed) to deposit more in order to earn more.
Just spread the news around to as many people as possible on this type of scam and you would have saved some people from being duped.

In the meanwhile, since you have already dipped your toes into the world of trading, take the time to learn about the forex market and learn to trade properly and professionally. Like any education, learning takes time but well worth the efforts.

All the best and stay safe!

Hi.

hello,

when I open the site, I can't access the desktop version address (https://slfxpro.com), all I can access is the mobile version (https://m.slfxpro.com), and there's nothing we can take from here, whether it's a business address, regulatory information and so on ..

then I tried to see the address to download the application that you provided, (https://m.slfxpro.com/download/), and there is something interesting here, when I point to the software version for IOS, I get the address points to TESTFLIGHT (https://testflight.apple.com/join/1UymWG7z) apple, which we know is only for software development, and not yet fully released or may not be released and only to take advantage and fraud from those who download it.

My advice is that if you know the details of the suspects, or at least their addresses, report it to the authorities immediately.

source wikipedia : TestFlight

hello,

when I open the site, I can't access the desktop version address (https://slfxpro.com), all I can access is the mobile version (https://m.slfxpro.com), and there's nothing we can take from here, whether it's a business address, regulatory information and so on ..

then I tried to see the address to download the application that you provided, (https://m.slfxpro.com/download/), and there is something interesting here, when I point to the software version for IOS, I get the address points to TESTFLIGHT (https://testflight.apple.com/join/1UymWG7z) apple, which we know is only for software development, and not yet fully released or may not be released and only to take advantage and fraud from those who download it.

My advice is that if you know the details of the suspects, or at least their addresses, report it to the authorities immediately.

source wikipedia : TestFlight
Yes I only have their mobile number and had reported to local police.
It was confirmed there were may scams from these bank accounts that used by them. The officer told me. He was no longer in the dating apps so I can't report him.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I had reported to my local police. As there is no website created, I cant check the IP address etc. I did checked on the police report which they said to be allow us to give our info to the suspect should they require to seek for more info or investigation which I felt it is kinda risky to me for the suspect to know more about me. So I am afraid to make report to Hong Kong police.
Any suggestion?

if the person who scammed you said that he/she is from HK then I think you should report it to the HK police too and made them aware there are so many people are trying to use their locations to conduct illegal activities. I’m positive they are inundated with this type of claims on daily basis and hopefully they’ll come up with something. Asians are pretty quick when it comes with efficiency. So, I still suggest to make the Hk police aware about it. I have reported to the HK police, they didn’t ask many of my private info. However, they do want to know what exactly happened to you and be as detail as possible.
Be safe and good luck!

Back