Scammed by a fake bitcoin trading platform (https://bitcointransaction.net)

I was contacted by a person called Anny and after some time she proposed to start trading on a platform bitcointransaction.net. The proposed "2-way-trading" was supposed to bet on the rise or decline of the price of a cryptocurrency e.g. BTC. The trading was happening by using USDT, which were transferred from another exchange platform. After a time the online support froze my account and requested to pay 50.000 USDT to unfreeze it. The significant amount of money I invested before is now frozen or better to say gone. I'm currently looking for other victims of this scam. If you are victim of this platform you can contact me as I'm trying to build a group to allow an investigation.
Hello,
Last Monday 7/18 bitcointransaction.net froze $921,904.39 of mine and boyfriends funds. We have reached out to them three different times and have gotten no response.
We have reported this to the FBI, the SEC, and the CFTC.
Does anyone know of any other measures to be taken? Is there any chance of getting our money back? If so, how do we go about it?
Any information is appreciated!

Hello,
Last Monday 7/18 bitcointransaction.net froze $921,904.39 of mine and boyfriends funds. We have reached out to them three different times and have gotten no response.
Does anyone know of any other measures to be taken? Is there any chance of getting our money back? If so, how do we go about it?
Hi Bianca79,

I'm very sorry to hear this. I still was not able to get any money out. However please contact me per email Doba572@proton.me and I can tell you what you potentially could do. I was in contact with a company called Kroll LLC - you can check them online. And while they couldn't help me yet - they mentioned that if I can find more victims - we could potentially build a case and they could potentially help.

What you will need all info you can gather, including the transaction IDs (TxID or hash) - very important.

Today I was contacted by another person who was scammed by this platform as well.

Maybe we will get enough people to move something.

Best,
Doba

Hi Bianca79,

I'm very sorry to hear this. I still was not able to get any money out. However please contact me per email Doba572@proton.me and I can tell you what you potentially could do. I was in contact with a company called Kroll LLC - you can check them online. And while they couldn't help me yet - they mentioned that if I can find more victims - we could potentially build a case and they could potentially help.

What you will need all info you can gather, including the transaction IDs (TxID or hash) - very important.

Today I was contacted by another person who was scammed by this platform as well.

Maybe we will get enough people to move something.

Best,
Doba
And don't pay anything to unfreez the funds. This is another scam!

And don't pay anything to unfreez the funds. This is another scam!
These scams are called Pig Butchering. You can contact the Global Anti Scam Organization as they are a US NPO and are staffed by victims of these scams. They have live chat on their website 24/7 to help all victims along with several resources on their website. If you are US citizens, there is also a tax guide you may want to read through, see below.

Thanks Punisher - I did contact them. What I actually also did - was asking them to prepare a report showing where the money went. You have to pay for it - but I hope this will help at least to make a better case with the law enforcement.

Hello,
Hello, I have also been scammed out of more than 140k by someone supposedly showing me how to make money trading cryptocurrency. This started around the end of May ,First I started off slow with like 300 dollars I made a trade and I withdrew my 300 out, just to see if it was real and they let me. Then I got more involved adding additional money to the account, I made one more withdraw of 3000 after already invested about 80k. We continued to trade and then when I had about 1.4 million in the account, I wanted to withdraw the wanted me to pay 143,000 commission and they froze my account. Now they won’t let me take out anything or Unfreeze my account. I’m still im contact with the person Instagram her name is peach_beauty24. Be aware of these scams Im completely devastated by this. I’m trying to see what other avenues to take to report this scam, if anyone has any ideas please share thank you

Hello, I have also been scammed out of more than 140k by someone supposedly showing me how to make money trading cryptocurrency. This started around the end of May ,First I started off slow with like 300 dollars I made a trade and I withdrew my 300 out, just to see if it was real and they let me. Then I got more involved adding additional money to the account, I made one more withdraw of 3000 after already invested about 80k. We continued to trade and then when I had about 1.4 million in the account, I wanted to withdraw the wanted me to pay 143,000 commission and they froze my account. Now they won’t let me take out anything or Unfreeze my account. I’m still im contact with the person Instagram her name is peach_beauty24. Be aware of these scams Im completely devastated by this. I’m trying to see what other avenues to take to report this scam, if anyone has any ideas please share thank you
If you are having a serious problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Scam Alerts and give details.

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, this whole thread will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes it easier to get advice specific to resolving your issue.

Back