Scammed by a Forex Broker "EthBtc Investment Limited"

scammedboy21

Recruit
Hello, I am sure you guys have heard this type of story before but here goes.

About 2 weeks ago, I was matched with a girl on Tinder who claimed to be from Hong Kong. We quickly moved from Tinder to Whatsapp, andhad very deep conversations about life, travel etc. She would sprinkle into our conversations that she makes a killing trading currency on the MetaTrader 5 via her "uncle" who is an experienced currency trader. She was so convincing and nonchalant about all of this, that I practically asked her to copy her trades.

She told me to download the MetaTrader app and at this point all of my suspicions foolishly went out the window because I saw that the app is highly reviewed on Google Play and thought my money was safe there. Due to having 0 experience in trading, I did not realize that the next phase of the plan is where I would have my money stolen. She put me through to a "broker" whose Whatsapp account had the MetaTrader 5 logo on its display picture and introduced themselves as "Customer Service". Over the course of the following days, I "registered" with a brokerage that calls itself "EthBtc Investment Limited" and sent over $7000 of funds from my bank account via Debit Card.

The "girl" I spoke to would tell me when to buy and to sell about 10 minutes later. Each of the trades resulted in me profiting after each trade, but now I have been reading that they can manipulate the Meta Trader app using their servers to make it seem like the trades are resulting in profits. Once however, after becoming suspicious, I purposely "sell" instead of "buy" on her command and I did end up losing on that trade. I mention this because it may be the case that the trades themselves are legitimate, but the broker has no intention of ever letting me withdraw any funds.

Finally, about 1 week ago, I requested for a withdrawal of most but not all of the funds I have deposited. The reason is because I wanted to see whether anything would make it back to my bank account. I also informed both the "girl" and "customer service" that I need these funds for my personal expenses, but that upon receiving them I would reinvest my bitcoin wallet. My idea was to play into their greed and maybe give them an incentive to send me some money back. Foolish, I know.

I provided "customer service" with the direct deposit information, and to their "credit", they "processed" my request and sent me a "confirmation" of my withdrawal. I will attach the screenshot of the confirmation for context, but it looks completely fake. Sure enough, I've called my bank and they've told me that there isn't any records of any deposit into my account. Albeit, they did inform me that international bank transfers can take a couple of weeks, and it's thus far been 1 full week with a few holidays in between the day I requested funds and today. Still, I am not hopeful that there will be anything coming my way from them.

Anyway, my bank said they will start an investigation. But I am not hopeful in anything there, based on what I've read from other people's experiences. I have spoken one "chargeback" company, that sounded pretty confident due to the recent nature of this situation, that they can help me retrieve funds. But I don't share their optimism. They want funds up front, which I actually understand and their terms are fair. But I have a feeling it's just throwing more money down the drain. I've seen great reviews of "PayBack LTD", and might get on the phone with them as well. But again, it doesn't feel like there will be much they can do either.

I would appreciate anybody's thoughts regarding my situation. Attached to this threat will be relevant screenshots on this matter. If someone can TRULY help me, I will gladly pay them a fee. Obviously the moderators on this site have warned to stay alert of any scammers on here. My guard is up but if anyone wants to chat, my DM's are open. Take care everyone.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG-20210331-WA0013.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG-20210331-WA0013.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 62
  • thumbnail_Screenshot_20210403-182420_WhatsApp.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_20210403-182420_WhatsApp.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 59
  • thumbnail_Screenshot_20210407-190841_Outlook.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_20210407-190841_Outlook.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 61
Two things I forgot to mention, the broker's website address is ethbtcforex.com and the payment processor that was used to make payments was via MoonPay, moonpay.io

About 2 weeks ago, I was matched with a girl on Tinder who claimed to be from Hong Kong. We quickly moved from Tinder to Whatsapp, andhad very deep conversations about life, travel etc. She would sprinkle into our conversations that she makes a killing trading currency on the MetaTrader 5 via her "uncle" who is an experienced currency trader. She was so convincing and nonchalant about all of this, that I practically asked her to copy her trades.

She told me to download the MetaTrader app and at this point all of my suspicions foolishly went out the window because I saw that the app is highly reviewed on Google Play and thought my money was safe there. Due to having 0 experience in trading, I did not realize that the next phase of the plan is where I would have my money stolen. She put me through to a "broker" whose Whatsapp account had the MetaTrader 5 logo on its display picture and introduced themselves as "Customer Service". Over the course of the following days, I "registered" with a brokerage that calls itself "EthBtc Investment Limited" and sent over $7000 of funds from my bank account via Debit Card.

The "girl" I spoke to would tell me when to buy and to sell about 10 minutes later. Each of the trades resulted in me profiting after each trade, but now I have been reading that they can manipulate the Meta Trader app using their servers to make it seem like the trades are resulting in profits. Once however, after becoming suspicious, I purposely "sell" instead of "buy" on her command and I did end up losing on that trade. I mention this because it may be the case that the trades themselves are legitimate, but the broker has no intention of ever letting me withdraw any funds.

Finally, about 1 week ago, I requested for a withdrawal of most but not all of the funds I have deposited. The reason is because I wanted to see whether anything would make it back to my bank account. I also informed both the "girl" and "customer service" that I need these funds for my personal expenses, but that upon receiving them I would reinvest my bitcoin wallet. My idea was to play into their greed and maybe give them an incentive to send me some money back. Foolish, I know.

I provided "customer service" with the direct deposit information, and to their "credit", they "processed" my request and sent me a "confirmation" of my withdrawal. I will attach the screenshot of the confirmation for context, but it looks completely fake. Sure enough, I've called my bank and they've told me that there isn't any records of any deposit into my account. Albeit, they did inform me that international bank transfers can take a couple of weeks, and it's thus far been 1 full week with a few holidays in between the day I requested funds and today. Still, I am not hopeful that there will be anything coming my way from them.

Anyway, my bank said they will start an investigation. But I am not hopeful in anything there, based on what I've read from other people's experiences. I have spoken one "chargeback" company, that sounded pretty confident due to the recent nature of this situation, that they can help me retrieve funds. But I don't share their optimism. They want funds up front, which I actually understand and their terms are fair. But I have a feeling it's just throwing more money down the drain. I've seen great reviews of "PayBack LTD", and might get on the phone with them as well. But again, it doesn't feel like there will be much they can do either.

I would appreciate anybody's thoughts regarding my situation. Attached to this threat will be relevant screenshots on this matter. If someone can TRULY help me, I will gladly pay them a fee. Obviously the moderators on this site have warned to stay alert of any scammers on here. My guard is up but if anyone wants to chat, my DM's are open. Take care everyone.
This is a known scam company, see the thread below.

This is a known scam company, see the thread below.

Hey man thanks for letting me know about the origins of this scammer. You seem to have a high amount of respect on this forum and I would like your honest opinion. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to play it cool when it comes to these scammers and basically they know I know about what they're doing. That said, I spoke to two of the most reputable chargeback companies that I could find- PayBack LTD, and MyChargeback.

Packback LTD has much better reviews, though MyChargeback's isn't terrible. PayBack LTD seems to be the best company that tries to retrieve funds. They said they target the bank account that the funds were transferred to, though I am not sure how they will find that given that the transaction on my bank account looks something like this "MOON PAY C 3013.01_V".

However, both companies say due to the very recent nature (last 10 days) of these transactions and due to it being through Debit Card, they are both confident they can get my money back. Payback LTD wants a lot more however, I guess given their better reputation. Would you recommend either of these two companies? I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Hey man thanks for letting me know about the origins of this scammer. You seem to have a high amount of respect on this forum and I would like your honest opinion. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to play it cool when it comes to these scammers and basically they know I know about what they're doing. That said, I spoke to two of the most reputable chargeback companies that I could find- PayBack LTD, and MyChargeback.

Packback LTD has much better reviews, though MyChargeback's isn't terrible. PayBack LTD seems to be the best company that tries to retrieve funds. They said they target the bank account that the funds were transferred to, though I am not sure how they will find that given that the transaction on my bank account looks something like this "MOON PAY C 3013.01_V".

However, both companies say due to the very recent nature (last 10 days) of these transactions and due to it being through Debit Card, they are both confident they can get my money back. Payback LTD wants a lot more however, I guess given their better reputation. Would you recommend either of these two companies? I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
Most chargeback companies are also a scam therefore I don't recommend to use them. Start by filing reports with the Securities Commission in your country, your local police and the Securities Commission in the country where the fake broker claims to be registered (UK). They advertise a False NFA number so I also recommend to report them to the US National Futures Association and the US CFTC.

1617923456835.png

Last edited:
Hello friends
Just these days trying one girl, Chen, who was born in Singapore, now lives in Hong Kong, is currently staying in Stockholm hehehe because I live there to persuade me to invest money in ETHBTC Investment Limited.
I tried to meet her but she doesn’t want to because she says we don’t know each other. The conclusion is logical that she has never been to Stockholm and will never be.
Today she persuaded me to open a demo account with this company and showed me how MT5 works.
I want to mention that I know their methods of work and that is why I will allow further communication with this girl to see how long it will last.
The first thing I did was check this company here on the forum and I see that I am not alone, but unfortunately I see that some people have already lost money.
Attached you can see the girl who is in contact with me.
I'll let you know how it all ended.
I have to tell you that I speak bad English and that this is a Google translator translation.

Attachments

• Chen.jpeg
    Chen.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 48

My story exactly except I did a wire through my bank and they can't receive the funds until I provide a "remittance receipt" which I am not sending. After reading your story my heart sank that I was trying to be taken for a ride. I initiated a recall for the wire transfer that I sent so I'm hopeful that my money will come back. Moral of the story. If it sounds too good to be true, blah blah blah. Good luck on your recovery23A3B260-1F04-4D3E-B21B-5FE72D4D8451_1_201_a.jpeg

hey, exactly the same happend to me. first we textd on tinder after that on whatsapp. there were some points that made me feel unsafe. My trading account was multi times in minus. Directly the "customer support " contacted me. i corrected the minus multi times. dont ask me why. Altough there were points that made me skeptical i kept on going, because i wanted to get out the minus i did. today the same happend again. they always talked about that the trading information of the unlce are very safe. i dont really know how they didi it but many trades seemed to be okay, like i did some profits. after i lost money on advice of the girl she "lend" me 5000$. this was i point where i thought : why the hell should some one from the other and of the world ( im from Germany) lend me 5000$ without knowing me. well i kept on goging and tryed my best to get out the minus. it didnt take long to loose the 5000$ of the girl plus some of mine that i´ve increased. i dont know why but in first lane i just thought maybe im just ****ing lucky and really met someone who likes to share knowledge. Every time i get in the minus the costumer support directly put pressure on me. there are many point like this which made me skeptical dont know why i kept on going. I also talked to a serious Broker from berlin at the same time i did my account at ETHBTC investment limited, i talked to him because at the same time i did a account at an other broker by exitend. I told him that already someone contacted me and he tol me that its not from his company. Whatever, i told him the name of the broker i made an account, he was kind an looked for me on the internet side of them and told me it could be that they are serious, because they got some data on there web site at this point. so i got a little bit more safe feeling and stayed in. But oday i lost all my money on the anvice from the uncle. and they told me every time that they dont let me do trades that are not safe and things like that. so i followed his advice and lost hte money, i asked him how it could be possible when he only let me do safe trades. he said that my case is unsual and he would be ready to lend me 50000$. So to get it on a point : someone at the and of the world is ready to lend m e 50000$ without knowing me ? Nobody is that stupid. And the most interesting thing is they cant send the money until i repay the loan. so i have to pay out the minus on the broker from my trading account to get the money ( help) from them. if i would have token the money the end of the story would be that i would do a bigger trade that fails and i would have to repay evn much more from my real bank account. Then i completly understood whats going on. i talked to the serious broker again, and he told me to not repay the loan and dont send an more money. MY QUESTION : do you think there is going to happen or come something ? to crate the account they asked for ID card and things like this. i mean they are impostor and got data from us.

sorry for the long text, was just a fkd up situaion i got my self in.

hey, exactly the same happend to me. first we textd on tinder after that on whatsapp. there were some points that made me feel unsafe. My trading account was multi times in minus. Directly the "customer support " contacted me. i corrected the minus multi times. dont ask me why. Altough there were points that made me skeptical i kept on going, because i wanted to get out the minus i did. today the same happend again. they always talked about that the trading information of the unlce are very safe. i dont really know how they didi it but many trades seemed to be okay, like i did some profits. after i lost money on advice of the girl she "lend" me 5000$. this was i point where i thought : why the hell should some one from the other and of the world ( im from Germany) lend me 5000$ without knowing me. well i kept on goging and tryed my best to get out the minus. it didnt take long to loose the 5000$ of the girl plus some of mine that i´ve increased. i dont know why but in first lane i just thought maybe im just ****ing lucky and really met someone who likes to share knowledge. Every time i get in the minus the costumer support directly put pressure on me. there are many point like this which made me skeptical dont know why i kept on going. I also talked to a serious Broker from berlin at the same time i did my account at ETHBTC investment limited, i talked to him because at the same time i did a account at an other broker by exitend. I told him that already someone contacted me and he tol me that its not from his company. Whatever, i told him the name of the broker i made an account, he was kind an looked for me on the internet side of them and told me it could be that they are serious, because they got some data on there web site at this point. so i got a little bit more safe feeling and stayed in. But oday i lost all my money on the anvice from the uncle. and they told me every time that they dont let me do trades that are not safe and things like that. so i followed his advice and lost hte money, i asked him how it could be possible when he only let me do safe trades. he said that my case is unsual and he would be ready to lend me 50000$. So to get it on a point : someone at the and of the world is ready to lend m e 50000$ without knowing me ? Nobody is that stupid. And the most interesting thing is they cant send the money until i repay the loan. so i have to pay out the minus on the broker from my trading account to get the money ( help) from them. if i would have token the money the end of the story would be that i would do a bigger trade that fails and i would have to repay evn much more from my real bank account. Then i completly understood whats going on. i talked to the serious broker again, and he told me to not repay the loan and dont send an more money. MY QUESTION : do you think there is going to happen or come something ? to crate the account they asked for ID card and things like this. i mean they are impostor and got data from us.

sorry for the long text, was just a fkd up situaion i got my self in.
First, don't send any money because no matter how much more you deposit they will never give you any money back. The trading account and all of the trades are fake therefore you were never trading on a real market and none of your gains or losses are real. All of the software is delayed and manipulated as well as the charts they showed you. They can commit identify theft with your credentials therefore pay attention to your credit. I recommend you start to take screen shots of everything for your records (all chats, trading history, the website and any/all communication with them). Once you have everything saved for your records then you can start to report them to the authorities.

Exactly the same situation .... did you report to any relevant authorities? How did it go ? Please do give me some insights. I lost a huge amount of money too .....
when I said I might report to police, the “customer service” is not even afraid, he said I can go ahead and report .... don’t think I’m ever gonna get back the money now :(

Back