Scammed by a Forex Broker "EthBtc Investment Limited"

Exactly the same situation .... did you report to any relevant authorities? How did it go ? Please do give me some insights. I lost a huge amount of money too .....
when I said I might report to police, the “customer service” is not even afraid, he said I can go ahead and report .... don’t think I’m ever gonna get back the money now :(
I reported it to my local authorities, as well as to the Hong Kong police. I reported it to the latter because "ETHBTC Investment limited" is also known as "Allbright Financial" and their origins are in Hong Kong. I received all of this information thanks to the great "The Punisher" on this forum.

Hong Kong police at first were very receptive and asked me a whole bunch of questions that they asked me to reply to immediately. But in the meantime, communication has stalled. I know it's a process, but I had some high hopes based on their urgency. Still nothing though.

I've also contacted "customer service" out of anger and they just read my messages without responding. They don't seem too worried. Probably know the chances of them getting caught is low. I would still advise you to report then. The more they are reported, the better. I'll give you all of the evidence I've collected with the help of The Punisher. Even if we never get our money back, if our reports can increase the chances of these people going to prison, then it's worth it in my opinion.

I reported it to my local authorities, as well as to the Hong Kong police. I reported it to the latter because "ETHBTC Investment limited" is also known as "Allbright Financial" and their origins are in Hong Kong. I received all of this information thanks to the great "The Punisher" on this forum.

Hong Kong police at first were very receptive and asked me a whole bunch of questions that they asked me to reply to immediately. But in the meantime, communication has stalled. I know it's a process, but I had some high hopes based on their urgency. Still nothing though.

I've also contacted "customer service" out of anger and they just read my messages without responding. They don't seem too worried. Probably know the chances of them getting caught is low. I would still advise you to report then. The more they are reported, the better. I'll give you all of the evidence I've collected with the help of The Punisher. Even if we never get our money back, if our reports can increase the chances of these people going to prison, then it's worth it in my opinion.
In fact, I'll also give you the contact to the detective assigned to my case. Might create more urgency for them to target this scam broker. I know it's a long shot but the only thing that increases the likelihood of them getting caught is being reported on more frequently.

Thank you so much for the reply !
I did report to my local authorities too, they said there are several similar cases being reported too and they will need time to investigate. It has been 2 weeks since In the meantime, I’m not able to do anything but just wait...

May I know how do you report to the Hong Kong police ? As I’m not from Hong Kong, I’m not sure how I can reach out to them. Is there a website, email or something ?
I’ll be really grateful if you could provide me the contact.

Exactly the same situation .... did you report to any relevant authorities? How did it go ? Please do give me some insights. I lost a huge amount of money too .....
when I said I might report to police, the “customer service” is not even afraid, he said I can go ahead and report .... don’t think I’m ever gonna get back the money now :(

It's unfortunate that this kind of events is happening to a lot of victims. It's going to be really hard to get your money back but don't hesitate to report them. Let authorities know that you are a victim and have them initiate an investigation. Not all these crooks are so lucky. It only takes one to defeat the organization. So, don't give up on reporting them.
Good luck.

Thank you so much for the reply !
I did report to my local authorities too, they said there are several similar cases being reported too and they will need time to investigate. It has been 2 weeks since In the meantime, I’m not able to do anything but just wait...

May I know how do you report to the Hong Kong police ? As I’m not from Hong Kong, I’m not sure how I can reach out to them. Is there a website, email or something ?
I’ll be really grateful if you could provide me the contact.

Hong Kong: https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/04_crime_matters/adcc/contact.html

Hello, I am sure you guys have heard this type of story before but here goes.

About 2 weeks ago, I was matched with a girl on Tinder who claimed to be from Hong Kong. We quickly moved from Tinder to Whatsapp, andhad very deep conversations about life, travel etc. She would sprinkle into our conversations that she makes a killing trading currency on the MetaTrader 5 via her "uncle" who is an experienced currency trader. She was so convincing and nonchalant about all of this, that I practically asked her to copy her trades.

She told me to download the MetaTrader app and at this point all of my suspicions foolishly went out the window because I saw that the app is highly reviewed on Google Play and thought my money was safe there. Due to having 0 experience in trading, I did not realize that the next phase of the plan is where I would have my money stolen. She put me through to a "broker" whose Whatsapp account had the MetaTrader 5 logo on its display picture and introduced themselves as "Customer Service". Over the course of the following days, I "registered" with a brokerage that calls itself "EthBtc Investment Limited" and sent over $7000 of funds from my bank account via Debit Card.

The "girl" I spoke to would tell me when to buy and to sell about 10 minutes later. Each of the trades resulted in me profiting after each trade, but now I have been reading that they can manipulate the Meta Trader app using their servers to make it seem like the trades are resulting in profits. Once however, after becoming suspicious, I purposely "sell" instead of "buy" on her command and I did end up losing on that trade. I mention this because it may be the case that the trades themselves are legitimate, but the broker has no intention of ever letting me withdraw any funds.

Finally, about 1 week ago, I requested for a withdrawal of most but not all of the funds I have deposited. The reason is because I wanted to see whether anything would make it back to my bank account. I also informed both the "girl" and "customer service" that I need these funds for my personal expenses, but that upon receiving them I would reinvest my bitcoin wallet. My idea was to play into their greed and maybe give them an incentive to send me some money back. Foolish, I know.

I provided "customer service" with the direct deposit information, and to their "credit", they "processed" my request and sent me a "confirmation" of my withdrawal. I will attach the screenshot of the confirmation for context, but it looks completely fake. Sure enough, I've called my bank and they've told me that there isn't any records of any deposit into my account. Albeit, they did inform me that international bank transfers can take a couple of weeks, and it's thus far been 1 full week with a few holidays in between the day I requested funds and today. Still, I am not hopeful that there will be anything coming my way from them.

Anyway, my bank said they will start an investigation. But I am not hopeful in anything there, based on what I've read from other people's experiences. I have spoken one "chargeback" company, that sounded pretty confident due to the recent nature of this situation, that they can help me retrieve funds. But I don't share their optimism. They want funds up front, which I actually understand and their terms are fair. But I have a feeling it's just throwing more money down the drain. I've seen great reviews of "PayBack LTD", and might get on the phone with them as well. But again, it doesn't feel like there will be much they can do either.

I would appreciate anybody's thoughts regarding my situation. Attached to this threat will be relevant screenshots on this matter. If someone can TRULY help me, I will gladly pay them a fee. Obviously the moderators on this site have warned to stay alert of any scammers on here. My guard is up but if anyone wants to chat, my DM's are open. Take care everyone.
Did you got you money back?

btcethforex.com has the same website design with ethbtcforex.com there are still many domain out there scamming people i presume they are the same organisation or same company. ethbtcforex is closed and could not be found on MT5 platform.

Tôi cũng gặp trường hợp giống các bạn, bị sàn vn.smartcontractslimited.com lừa đảo và không rút được tiền, họ là cùng 1 tổ chức tôi nghĩ là thế

Attachments

• image0.png
    image0.png
    396.8 KB · Views: 8
Back