Similar story as others.
1) I met a person over a dating website in September 2020
2) After a month of “chatting” he talked to me about trading XAU/USD using Jinlong Zhihui brokers based in HK. Their verification process seemed legitimate. It did not find any fraud alert on google
3) We created a MT4 account (a forex and commodity trading account)
4) he showed me how to make profits by trading xau/usd on the platform. He did not know my account Id so it felt like it was right
5) we made a bunch of profits so it seemed right
6) this weekend I wanted to withdraw money
7) Jinlong said I have to transfer them 20% tax on profit made (total amount of $48,000) . I asked them to deduct it from withdrawal amount but
8) somehow it did not feel right so I googled Jinlong again today and I saw this thread!!
9) I am still talking to JL customer service
please help. Any guidance is good !! I am so distraught and feel stupid.
Talk to your bank. See if they can help you retrieve those money you transferred. Whatever you do, DO NOT send them more money. There's no tax, fee or whatever they hell they are saying. This is a scam. Report to authorities ASAP. You are not alone, a lot of people are reporting these crooks. The more people come out and report, the faster the authorities are going to do something about it. Pressure the bank and talk to their supervisors about the money you were transferred. If your amount is huge, they have to do something about it.