SCAMMED BY JINLONG ZHIHUI INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY LIMITED

Similar story as others.
1) I met a person over a dating website in September 2020
2) After a month of “chatting” he talked to me about trading XAU/USD using Jinlong Zhihui brokers based in HK. Their verification process seemed legitimate. It did not find any fraud alert on google
3) We created a MT4 account (a forex and commodity trading account)
4) he showed me how to make profits by trading xau/usd on the platform. He did not know my account Id so it felt like it was right
5) we made a bunch of profits so it seemed right
6) this weekend I wanted to withdraw money
7) Jinlong said I have to transfer them 20% tax on profit made (total amount of $48,000) . I asked them to deduct it from withdrawal amount but
8) somehow it did not feel right so I googled Jinlong again today and I saw this thread!!
9) I am still talking to JL customer service

please help. Any guidance is good !! I am so distraught and feel stupid.

Talk to your bank. See if they can help you retrieve those money you transferred. Whatever you do, DO NOT send them more money. There's no tax, fee or whatever they hell they are saying. This is a scam. Report to authorities ASAP. You are not alone, a lot of people are reporting these crooks. The more people come out and report, the faster the authorities are going to do something about it. Pressure the bank and talk to their supervisors about the money you were transferred. If your amount is huge, they have to do something about it.

Guys, please be very careful providing any personal contact information like your private phone number or your private email address to strangers here!
There are also some refund scammers reading this forum and they are promising to get your funds back (for a fee of course!) but in real they are lying and scamming you again! If you still exchange your phone number with an other victim from this forum then please do at least a video call with him to verify his Identity!

Please avoid doing the same mistakes again and losing again a lot of money by trusting strangers on the internet without verifying them first!

Talk to your bank. See if they can help you retrieve those money you transferred. Whatever you do, DO NOT send them more money. There's no tax, fee or whatever they hell they are saying. This is a scam. Report to authorities ASAP. You are not alone, a lot of people are reporting these crooks. The more people come out and report, the faster the authorities are going to do something about it. Pressure the bank and talk to their supervisors about the money you were transferred. If your amount is huge, they have to do something about it.
thanks ! it is a big amount i will try to contact the bank

Hi all - I am in a similar situation. Can you please help!!
If you are having a serious problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Scam Alerts and give details.

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, this whole thread will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes it easier to get advice specific to resolving your issue.

Thank you to everyone who wrote. This is happening to me now too. After reading these forums, I tried to withdraw my 900 USD. They're telling me that I need to make more through investing, and this "boy" is telling me he won't help me invest more unless I put more money in. I think I'm just going to call it a loss. I asked him for proof of his ID and he sent me a copy of his passport and Chinese ID. I wonder if you all are talking to the same person? send me a message here and I will give you my e-mail address.

Thank you to everyone who wrote. This is happening to me now too. After reading these forums, I tried to withdraw my 900 USD. They're telling me that I need to make more through investing, and this "boy" is telling me he won't help me invest more unless I put more money in. I think I'm just going to call it a loss. I asked him for proof of his ID and he sent me a copy of his passport and Chinese ID. I wonder if you all are talking to the same person? send me a message here and I will give you my e-mail address.
Post the ID and Passport on here!

Also more pictures of him on social media

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115-175618_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-175618_WhatsApp.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210113-143925_Tinder.jpg
    Screenshot_20210113-143925_Tinder.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20210116-002812_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-002812_Instagram.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210116-133502_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-133502_Facebook.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20210116-133515_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-133515_Facebook.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 47
SCAM. Found a page written in chinese about him defrauding someone in China, pictures of him up there I found through reverse image search. I wonder how many people are involved in this.

Back