• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Wiseinvestmentgroup Issue

I am having an issue with a company

Bhart54

Private, 1st Class
I am afraid I have made a very stupid mistake with a company and a man, Ming-Wai "Bobby" Cheung who solicited my participation in what I know believe was a scam.

I met this man and his special.wiseinvestmentgroup.net company through a Binary Options Company. He was to convince me to bring in large investors to the VIP program for commissions. At the time of our meeting he told me that he was also a Forex trader and managed a 5K Mini account for family, friends and associates by invitation.

He sent me information and said he could make a 10% return on my investment? I know know he was trading with TW "Tradesway". I believed he had "strategies" in place and not that he would be looking for the right combination for months. He was to be doing Demo accounts until he felt it was time to trade.

He continued to ask for more money, saying the 5K was not enough, until I had sent him 15K US. There was a private portal for people to see how things were going. Not only did I only see anything once, my son, who also invested never say anything but 0!

This all started in August 23, 2015. I know nothing about Forex and thought he, in fact, did. The portal was never functional and many emails and conversations occurred for months, including coorespondence with Joe Carney @ Tradersway.

On Sept 29th he sent an email regarding Testing & Optimizing to prepare for making lots of profits. I have these emails.

On October 9, 2015 after him having our money for over 2 months he complained that he was working for no pay as the accounts were not trading and that is how he made his commissions from myself, my son and the Tradersway. I informed him I was not in a position to continue with his lack of progress, and asking for updates.

After a phone conversation I sent another email on Nov 9th, a long one, explaining my unhappiness with everything that was happening, or not happening. Also the fact that he was buying expensive strategies $795.00 per person and they did not pan out! I ended this with getting funds back in our accounts.

On Nov 30th, 2015 he was not answering my texts, email, or answer the phone. So, once again I asked that our funds be returned as we were never notified or shown that they had ever been traded.

On December 3rd, 2015 I was informed the funds we had deposited and ask to have returned had been traded, and unfortunately, the draw downs to big for the mini accounts with the strategies that he was using.

He promised he was working on recovering the funds, 15K for me and 15K for my son out of his own pocket. He asked that I remove the fraud from a wire transfer, so he could maintain good relationship with his new bank. He then said when he had positive testing results he would still welcome us to trade with him.

By January 9, 2016 he had discontinued communications in regards to anything including the funds he promised to return.

I have continued to try to get this resolved, however his website is down and the only email still working is bobby@mingster007.com. I have an address in Oakland, CA and a phone number. He has a site BobbyC. Design Studio. He once billed my deposit as website design, etc., which he never was hired for, ever.

Sorry this is so long, but I really do not know if there is any authority I can report to or if I need an attorney since we are both in the US?

I certainly do think this is a scam and although he may not be BIG or out soliciting ant longer, I would hate for anyone else to be taken for this kind of money! If anyone can send me in a direction that might help us to get our money back, I am here to listen! At 70 years old I wish I had known better.

Bonnie Hart

Attachments

• Image (679x1024).jpg
    Image (679x1024).jpg
    442 KB · Views: 2
  • Image (2) (686x1024).jpg
    Image (2) (686x1024).jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Image (3) (686x1024).jpg
    Image (3) (686x1024).jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Image (4) (686x1024).jpg
    Image (4) (686x1024).jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 1
How did you make the deposits, including the mis-billed one?

Since you've tracked him to a US location, complaints to the NFA, CFTC, and SEC could get some results.

You mention TradersWay. If you are referring to TradersWay.com, send the link to this thread to every address you have for that company and ask them to come here and explain their role in this issue.

I am afraid I have made a very stupid mistake with a company and a man, Ming-Wai "Bobby" Cheung who solicited my participation in what I know believe was a scam.

I met this man and his special.wiseinvestmentgroup.net company through a Binary Options Company. He was to convince me to bring in large investors to the VIP program for commissions. At the time of our meeting he told me that he was also a Forex trader and managed a 5K Mini account for family, friends and associates by invitation.

He sent me information and said he could make a 10% return on my investment? I know know he was trading with TW "Tradesway". I believed he had "strategies" in place and not that he would be looking for the right combination for months. He was to be doing Demo accounts until he felt it was time to trade.

He continued to ask for more money, saying the 5K was not enough, until I had sent him 15K US. There was a private portal for people to see how things were going. Not only did I only see anything once, my son, who also invested never say anything but 0!

This all started in August 23, 2015. I know nothing about Forex and thought he, in fact, did. The portal was never functional and many emails and conversations occurred for months, including coorespondence with Joe Carney @ Tradersway.

On Sept 29th he sent an email regarding Testing & Optimizing to prepare for making lots of profits. I have these emails.

On October 9, 2015 after him having our money for over 2 months he complained that he was working for no pay as the accounts were not trading and that is how he made his commissions from myself, my son and the Tradersway. I informed him I was not in a position to continue with his lack of progress, and asking for updates.

After a phone conversation I sent another email on Nov 9th, a long one, explaining my unhappiness with everything that was happening, or not happening. Also the fact that he was buying expensive strategies $795.00 per person and they did not pan out! I ended this with getting funds back in our accounts.

On Nov 30th, 2015 he was not answering my texts, email, or answer the phone. So, once again I asked that our funds be returned as we were never notified or shown that they had ever been traded.

On December 3rd, 2015 I was informed the funds we had deposited and ask to have returned had been traded, and unfortunately, the draw downs to big for the mini accounts with the strategies that he was using.

He promised he was working on recovering the funds, 15K for me and 15K for my son out of his own pocket. He asked that I remove the fraud from a wire transfer, so he could maintain good relationship with his new bank. He then said when he had positive testing results he would still welcome us to trade with him.

By January 9, 2016 he had discontinued communications in regards to anything including the funds he promised to return.

I have continued to try to get this resolved, however his website is down and the only email still working is bobby@mingster007.com. I have an address in Oakland, CA and a phone number. He has a site BobbyC. Design Studio. He once billed my deposit as website design, etc., which he never was hired for, ever.

Sorry this is so long, but I really do not know if there is any authority I can report to or if I need an attorney since we are both in the US?

I certainly do think this is a scam and although he may not be BIG or out soliciting ant longer, I would hate for anyone else to be taken for this kind of money! If anyone can send me in a direction that might help us to get our money back, I am here to listen! At 70 years old I wish I had known better.

Bonnie Hart
May I have the website address, please?

Since you've tracked him to a US location, complaints to the NFA, CFTC, and SEC could get some results.

You mention TradersWay. If you are referring to TradersWay.com, send the link to this thread to every address you have for that company and ask them to come here and explain their role in this issue.

The deposits were made by checks that he had us photograph on our cell phones. He then said he could deposit them to his bank or credit card and open a trading account. We were supposed to have our portal login to see what was going on, I saw maybe one day and my son saw nothing. I will put complaints were you have suggested. I will, also notify TradersWay.com, however my response from them to date is that he traded under his own name so they could be of no help. They did cut him off for awhile until he contacted me. When he finally contacted me this is what he said.
"Hi Bonnie,

I don't have access to the internet often and need to spend time with family right now. I will let you know when I have an update.

thanks,
Bobby"

May I have the website address, please?

The original website is down, except I can go to login. It is https:special.wiseinvestmentgroup.net, his email was bobby@wiseinvestmentgroup.com , also not working. It seems his bobby@mingster007 email is valid.
This is also a website he owns: http://design.mingster007.com/ with a phone number of 415-766-7388,
Skype: live:mingster007. I have a lot of emails between us, including his offer to refund us from his own money, of course that has never happened.

Do I have any other options for prosecution since we both reside in the US, or did he make sure I have none?

Thank you for you help,
Bonnie

The original website is down, except I can go to login. It is https:special.wiseinvestmentgroup.net, his email was bobby@wiseinvestmentgroup.com , also not working. It seems his bobby@mingster007 email is valid.
This is also a website he owns: http://design.mingster007.com/ with a phone number of 415-766-7388,
Skype: live:mingster007. I have a lot of emails between us, including his offer to refund us from his own money, of course that has never happened.

Do I have any other options for prosecution since we both reside in the US, or did he make sure I have none?

Thank you for you help,
Bonnie
Sorry to disappoint you about the country, I`m not from US :( And I checked the website wiseinvestmentgroup.com and its seems working. Please confirm you have ti issue with the same webs so I can suggest you few steps to get your funds back.

Sorry to disappoint you about the country, I`m not from US :( And I checked the website wiseinvestmentgroup.com and its seems working. Please confirm you have ti issue with the same webs so I can suggest you few steps to get your funds back.
Sorry, the website was wiseinvestmentgroup.net
The website address is wiseinvestmentgroup.net and it seems to be for sale? The other was where we could sign in and see our accounts. special.wiseinvestmentgroup.net this one still goes to a login page.

PharaohThis is the response I received from TradersWay today.TradersWay
8:38 AM (2 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Bonnie,

We remember this issue, however you had sent this person funds from your bank account to his own and he had deposited some money into a trading account under his own name. Any external agreements you had with him were not involving Trader's Way. On our end.

To resolve your issue, it is best for you to speak with an attorney regarding this matter as there is nothing we can do from our side unfortunately - you were not a client with our company.

Regards,
Andrew

SALES DEPARTMENTT: +1 849 937 0815 | E: sales.en@tradersway.com

TW Corp.
Twitter @TradersWay | www.TradersWay.com

cleardot.gif

AIbEiAIAAABDCNivv6D-yo-eXiILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKDE5YTkxZDM3MzQ5NzBjMDAzMGM1MjVjMjk4YzNjZTJjYmUzOGU1NWQwAUu6u7W9EHGJl4qhM3K1_3sAdHxV

Click here to Reply or Forward

0.81 GB (5%) of 15 GB used
Manage
Terms - Privacy
Last account activity: 2 hours ago
Details

I love it - a guy who claims to be an online trader also claims to have limited internet access. That alone would be enough to say "don't send him a cent".

Let him know that every day he delays replying here will only convince more people to not send him money.

I love it - a guy who claims to be an online trader also claims to have limited internet access. That alone would be enough to say "don't send him a cent".

Let him know that every day he delays replying here will only convince more people to not send him money.
Yes Pharaoh, I will do! I am not sure but I think he folded his tent, so to speak. Do you know anyone form the US that might be able to help me with a legal direction? Or a government direction that might help me with what he has done to my fmily and our money?

Back