Scammed Investors Hunt down Hedge Fund Manager

Mr Patient

Recruit
Hey
a snippet of a news story that some may find amusing, I know I did. google the paragraph for the full story.

One interesting turn of events occurred in the California office of a crooked hedge fund manager. Four disgruntled investors appeared unexpectedly dressed in intimidating SWAT-like garb and claiming to be the FBI. They proceeded to demand that funds be wired to a credit union account, but the attempted “shakedown” was not successful. They were soon arrested for impersonating law enforcement officers. A plea bargain prevented incarceration, but the court handed down a sentence of two years on probation. They are assisting the current probe into the alleged Ponzi scheme of Equity Investment Management and Training Inc. (EIMT) that had raised over $40 million.

The paragraph is a summary that appeared at another forex website. I found some more complete versions here:

3 Plead Guilty In Bizarre Shakedown Bid In Anthony Vassallo/EIMT Ponzi Case; 1 Pleads To Conspiracy To Impersonate An Officer

UPDATE: Ponzi ‘Shakedown’ Suspects Who Impersonated Federal Agents Get 6 Months’ Home Detention And Are Placed On Probation For 2 Years

Very amusing, but don't try this at home. Six months of house arrest and 2 years probation where one little slipup can get you tossed into jail isn't exactly going to be convenient for these guys.

Back