1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scammed Investors Hunt down Hedge Fund Manager

Discussion in 'General Forex Talk' started by Mr Patient, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Mr Patient

Mr Patient Recruit

Hey
    a snippet of a news story that some may find amusing, I know I did. google the paragraph for the full story.

One interesting turn of events occurred in the California office of a crooked hedge fund manager. Four disgruntled investors appeared unexpectedly dressed in intimidating SWAT-like garb and claiming to be the FBI. They proceeded to demand that funds be wired to a credit union account, but the attempted “shakedown” was not successful. They were soon arrested for impersonating law enforcement officers. A plea bargain prevented incarceration, but the court handed down a sentence of two years on probation. They are assisting the current probe into the alleged Ponzi scheme of Equity Investment Management and Training Inc. (EIMT) that had raised over $40 million.

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

The paragraph is a summary that appeared at another forex website. I found some more complete versions here:

3 Plead Guilty In Bizarre Shakedown Bid In Anthony Vassallo/EIMT Ponzi Case; 1 Pleads To Conspiracy To Impersonate An Officer

UPDATE: Ponzi ‘Shakedown’ Suspects Who Impersonated Federal Agents Get 6 Months’ Home Detention And Are Placed On Probation For 2 Years

Very amusing, but don't try this at home. Six months of house arrest and 2 years probation where one little slipup can get you tossed into jail isn't exactly going to be convenient for these guys.