Romance Scam Scammers Published Handbook (aka Kill Pig Plate 杀猪盘)

Pig Slaughter and similar scams
Interesting. Especially the psychology and questions on feeling sorry for the victims. That might be why we piggys over the the course of a couple of months -experience (in my case) no less than 3 different accountmanagers. .
Yes, they are so good at this and they know what people they are after. It’s a combination of lust and the excitement of making more money. Unfortunately this is something that a lot of people want, however we are so blind to realize that what they set up was an illusion. If you’re in the weakest state, you’ll fall for it. They generally trapped those people who are looking for serious relationships on the dating site. They would not talk to horny guys who are just looking for hook ups. Everything is planned out and scripted. Be safe everyone!

Yes, they are so good at this and they know what people they are after. It’s a combination of lust and the excitement of making more money. Unfortunately this is something that a lot of people want, however we are so blind to realize that what they set up was an illusion. If you’re in the weakest state, you’ll fall for it. They generally trapped those people who are looking for serious relationships on the dating site. They would not talk to horny guys who are just looking for hook ups. Everything is planned out and scripted. Be safe everyone!
Greed lies deep in our nature..

OMG. This is really killing lots of people out there. People are getting scammed daily and millions are being lost. I was involved in these scams and I was lucky enough to consult an expert that assisted in sorting my case. In my case, I wrote to StealingMoreMoneyFromYou(at)aol(dot)com and my case was sorted. Money was retrieved and justice was served.

OMG. This is really killing lots of people out there. People are getting scammed daily and millions are being lost. I was involved in these scams and I was lucky enough to consult an expert that assisted in sorting my case. In my case, I wrote to StealMoreMoneyFromYou(at)aol(dot)com and my case was sorted. Money was retrieved and justice was served.
Another recovery scam alert. You should feel ashamed of yourself. Preying on people who have already lost so much!
Whoever is paying you to do their dirty work, should rot in hell. You should rot in hell with him too. You lots are disease to humanity. Go get a ****ing job you lazy ****!

Very glad to see there are so many articles and PSA regarding this “kill pig plate” . A year ago I only saw one or two articles about it. Now, this is the new Nigerian Prince scam.

Please be careful everyone.

China is after these organizations and they do get caught but unfortunately the victims money can hardly recover, because crypto transfer has no legal way to track it. However, spreading and reporting to your local authorities is always the right way to do.

Sources: https://libredd.it/r/Scams/comments/nz1y8h/what_to_do_when_one_is_in_a_pigbutchering_scam/

What to do when one is in a pig-butchering scam (and many other romance/crypto scams)

My full answer to people asking what one can do to recover when one has fallen to the so-call pig-butchering scam / ShaZhuPan (Asian guy/girl from online dating mentors you in crypto/forex/gold trading...). Most of this should be applicable to many other scams actually.
NEW: take this anonymous survey, and visit globalantiscam.org
BEWARE OF REDDIT USERS PRIVATELY TELLING YOU TO DELETE YOU COMMENT AND TO CONTACT SOME ~~~@email....!!!
Upon learning: Report, report, report - complain everywhere, ASAP, with as much documentation as possible, and without waiting for complete documentation
  • If your total deposits are less than $10,000 USD, you might be able to thisoff: convince your scammers you want to test withdrawal before you fully trust it. Say if successful, you'll put more and even invite your rich friends, too. Do this smoothly, play your character.
  • Immediately report to your bank - should be the easiest step; banks will issue a trace/charge back request of your money and will be especially helpful if you wired money
  • Report to your cryptocurrency exchange - How different crypto exchanges deal with claims of fraud can vary a lot, but you do your part. In the wild west of cryptocurrency regulations, it'll be good to do your part so that if ever your exchange is found in the future to be negligent, you're covered.
  • Report the wallet addresses for blacklisting - google Bitcoin Abuse Database for Bitcoin addresses, and info.etherscan.com/report-address/ for Etherium and USDT addresses (pig-butchering scammers just loooove USDT).
  • Gather and document all - screenshots (of them & the website), chat logs, transaction IDs, wire transfer receipts. Pig-butchering sham websites often change every 3-4 months. Sometimes they ask you to delete your records for your "safety" because they are getting investigated. DON'T.
  • Report to your local police - the most painful part, but something you just have to go through for official purposes. What happened to you IS A CRIME, and officials who might be able to do something about it have to know about it.
    • For US & Europe: US state cybercrime unit; (FBI) ic3.gov; Europol Directory
    • You might think local police is useless, but if every victim feels that way and not report then no one will ever take action. You might find out that there are other victims in your area.
    • Intake officers should be professionals, but I hear some are asses. Personally I would choose to in-person or phone reporting rather than just online reports, to get in details right and ensure that you are heard. Online reporting might box you in the wrong categories (credit card fraud? check fraud? online shopping fraud?). Often there are no boxes for crypto fraud, and even that doesn't fully capture the nature of this scam.
    • You will have to explain to local police that this is not just a case of irresponsible or failed investing, or bad advice from a friend. The sham website was created for the sole, express purpose of defrauding people, any profits you see on the website on your "account" is NOT real, you ALREADY lost the money so you do NOT wait for the sham website to change its mind about withdrawals, and your online "friend" is NOT YOUR FRIEND. Not a lawyer, but when asked by a confused cop what charge or crime to put in, I suggest throwing in the term "grand larceny / theft".
    • IMPORTANT: Follow through with getting a police report number. It's proof to banks, insurance, and taxes (?) that the state recognizes that you reported a crime.
    • Chinese or Hong Kong police might know a lot more about pig-butchering / Shazhupan scam, but unless you sent money there or positively know the scammers are there, you are outside their jurisdiction and won't help you. If you sent to an HK bank account, you can file a police report there, but by HK law if you are not personally there you have to have an HK lawyer file for you.
  • Report to federal / national fraud reporting centers - FBI ic3.gov for USA, RCMP Anti-fraud centre for Canada, Europol Directory for Europe, I'm not sure for other countries.
  • Report to financial regulators/authorities and consumer protection agencies of your country e.g. BBB, FTC, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, FINRA, CFTC, state attorney generals, etc. However this is largely useless if you don't have a target of complaint, and that sham website certainly is a fiction that doesn't exist anywhere on paper.
  • Report to the social media sites and dating apps you found your scammer - The most useless exercise, but add to the clamor for these tech companies to invest more and take responsibility in cleaning up their sites.
  • Report to your friends and family --or not. I don't know your relationship with them, and it's really so embarrassing (no, no, it's not your fault). But you might find out from friends that others have been scammed by this too!
Possible options for recovery (nothing illegal, no guarantees). If your individual* loss is below $50,000 USD, that sadly is still too small to make the following efforts cost-effective. You can do all the above at best and move on.*However if you can find others scammed by the same sham Chinese pig-butchering website, your total losses together could make the following worthwhile...:
  • Find out where your cryptos went using blockchain explorers. I personally like oxt[.]me and bitinfocharts[.]com for BTC, and ethplorer[.]com and wanchain explorer for USDT and ETH, because they sometimes label if the wallet addresses are associated with a crypto exchange. They're not so effective nowadays though because criminals move their loot around a lot to obfuscate their tracks. In many cases you'll have to hire a blockchain forensics firms/experts to do that. Swear off people that say they can hack back your cryptos even without upfront fees; they are scammers. Legitimate ones do work with upfront fees on an hourly retainer model with a contingency (success) fee. Their websites should be very old (>4 years, check on whoisdomain lookup), and their work still requires working with law enforcement or courts. That's as much as they can do, merely help gather and present evidence to law enforcement or courts.
  • Once you find out if your cryptos ended up in an exchange, immediately contact the exchanges the scammers used and ask nicely for your money back. Comply with whatever they say. They probably won't give in though, especially the notorious exchanges the scammers like using (they very well know what shazhupan is). But if later found that they did absolutely nothing even when presented with evidence they themselves asked, they can be held liable for facilitating / profiting from money laundering.
  • If your crypto tracers and private investigators have found a possible a target, you can now file a lawsuit or raise your complaints to financial regulators and consumer protection agencies they are under --if you can find those out.
  • All these can actually be done for you by global law firms that specialize in these cases, but they're expensive; you should shop around.
One can think that the police or government can do all these for you "for free", but strictly, they will only do so on issues of public interest and crimes against the state. It will take years and millions more of scammed money. Otherwise the police will just tell your to file a private civil lawsuit. Justice is expensive. That is why you, as member of the public, should report, report, report.

Back