1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen capture

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by al Pipo, Dec 12, 2011.

1. al Pipo

al Pipo Recruit

Hi All,

Been trading a practice account with IBFX(my regular account was depleted) and just bought a anti-logger software.
    Problem is that the software has been giving me a warning that IBFX's software has been trying to capture my screen.
    Is this normal or a scam by IBFX to clean out my account by capturing my setups by betting against me and is this legal?
    I smell a rat in all this and how many people are aware of this.
    Thanks,
    Al

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Assuming you haven't installed anything else (EAs, custom indicators and scripts) to your copy of MT4, I see two things to do.

1. Ask your anti-logger software company to investigate with an IBFX demo account and see if this could be a false positive.

2. Ask IBFX if they have any explanation.

IBFX already knows about all the trades (active and pending) on your MT4 screen, so I can't picture them needing screenshots for any purpose, good or bad. They'd have to sit around studying your trading technique to try to rig the market against you based on a handful of screenshots - not an easy task.

: ibfx, ibfx.com