• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Seeking Broker

You have increased that FREE usd25 to usd130 which is a 105% increment.
So, since you are still in college, why don't you trade diligently and patiently on that account and try to bring it to usd2,000 and higher? After all, time is on your side and you are in no pressure to live off trading forex.

Unless these currencies pairs you mentioned are critical to your trades, why do you want to trade exotic pairs?

For answers to your brokers recommendation, there is no short cuts...just read the brokers reviews here at the FPA and check out each potential brokers to suit your need. Also, you may try searching these sites (which I used when I first started out on my forex journey) called "100Forex brokers.com" and "donnaforex.com forum" for more info.

Those websites were the closest things to short cuts I could ask for. I now have several brokers to investigate.

It's not orthodox, but I see some money in the exotics if I play my cards right.

Thanks for your help.

You don't need exotic pairs to make money...just watch the charts (check out H4 and then the D1 & W1 for confirmations) and enter trades which are way up or down there.
For example, the EUR/AUD was way down there yesterday & today and I made some very good profits entering at 1.3392 and closing out the trade at 1.3424. It should go higher, but I am satisfied with what I got and closed out that trade.

I have just now entered EUR/CHF at 1.2969 on "Buy" (with TP 1.3154) as I expect that to go up soon (sometime). I will most probably leave the trade to ride to next week.

Alright, I guess you are setting your trading style to what you feel comfortable with.

All the best!

Back