Self help books

I get that experience is key, but books and demo accounts still play a huge role. Books give you the knowledge you need, and demo accounts let you practice without risk. Both prepare you to handle real trading better.
Demo accounts do give you experience too and I believe are more useful than too many books. books are awesome but if reading too many of them makes you confused.

I have come to the conclusion that to be a successful trader, mindset is very important also being able to handle all aspects in your life like discipline, anxiety, stress,.....is of the essence.
I wonder have you all read any sort of self help books that have ACTUALLY helped out?
Absolutely! A successful trader needs a solid mindset and the ability to manage various aspects of life, including discipline, anxiety, and stress. As for self-help books, Sometimes it takes time to find the right ones that resonate with you. Keep exploring, and you might stumble upon something that clicks!

Demo accounts do give you experience too and I believe are more useful than too many books. books are awesome but if reading too many of them makes you confused.
Demo accounts are indeed valuable for gaining practical experience in trading, allowing you to apply theoretical knowledge in a real-time market environment without risking real money. While books provide essential theoretical foundations, hands-on practice in a demo account can complement and reinforce your learning. However, it's crucial to strike a balance between theoretical learning and practical experience, avoiding information overload and focusing on applying concepts effectively in your trading journey.

Interesting ,thanks for the advice

u know... not at all. I also was thrilled about self help books, because had the same troubles with nervousness and anxiety, but I somehow managed to overcome these things on my own, facing the truth, not building castles in the air. it helped me.
i just dragged the focus from self-digging into self-improving by constant practicing, if we speak about trading, actually. daily chart monitoring helped me to distract and gradually I got some experience.

By studying theory, you can implement it in practice. This will enhance your skills

I can suggest to read Hulls Options, derivatives and finance it's a classic book with a lot of useful introduction and rigorous theory about finance not some fancy stuff like old technical analysis ideas.

Back