Sell in May, Come Back on St. Leger Day

The Prophet

Private
The old stock market saying “sell in May and go away, come back on St. Leger day” – the last horse racing classic of the flat racing season on the 10th September in Doncastor UK.

The saying comes from the fact that equities have struggled from May to September over the past 50 years. Returns from the stock market have been below average and negative in the UK and Europe in this period.

However, the saying is not so true in the Forex Market. Trade until the end of July and return on the start of St. Leger Day week seems to work much better. This year turned out to be very accurate which saw the Forex market spring back to life on the 6th September, after a month of consolidation.

Unfortunately I missed the big moves as I was enjoying losing money at the St. Leger horse racing festival, I think my horse is still running!
It’s the only time of the year I get to see my relatives which live close to Doncastor, every year they complain that I spend more time at the races than with them :) I’m sure there is a lesson in there for everyone.

For sure spending time with your closed ones are really that good anyway for whatever reason. I do not really see how all this should be going anyway. It's very real on whatever. Most important time is the time to spend with your relatives in reality. Do you think so ?

Back