Semi-HOT Forex Signal (Fri, Dec 11, 08:30 am EST) US Core Retail Sales m/m

Felix Homogratus

Commander in Chief
Hi there :)

This is Felix with a potentially profitable trading opportunity... I marked this report as semi-HOT, because it has a relatively good chance of hitting my trigger, and if it does, we should see a solid move.

Friday, December 11th (8:30 am New York Time) USA

We have US Core Retail Sales m/m coming out. It is expected to read 0.5. Last month it read 0.2.

I recommend trading USD/JPY for this report.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/JPY by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7509-us-retail-sales.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.5. This means that if US Core Retail Sales m/m comes out at 1 or more, USD/JPY will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 0 or less, USD/JPY will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

We will also have US regular Retail Sales coming out and Import Price Index. You can ignore the Import Price Index, but if regular Retail Sales and core Retail Sales conflict, I recommend staying out.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read my after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...les-m-m-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on September 15th, US Core Retail Sales came out at 1.1, versus an expectation of 0.4. USD/JPY went up by 40 pips. See for yourself what happened by seeing this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD Core Retail Sales m/m

As always, wait for my email this Saturday, where I will review all successful trades of the week.

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Felix

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Signals

Hi Felix!!:)

I want to thank you.The signals are GREAT I find them very useful.

Angela

This appears to have 2 different times posted?

Hi there,

Thank you for your signals.

In the thread title and in the initial email, the time for this is reported as 8:30 EST on Dec 11, but in your post, the time is reported as 19:30 New York Time.

Can you please let us know which of these times is correct for this signal?

Thanks!

Felix,

It happened again...:hissyfit: I placed a pending order on the EUR/JPY and it didn't open till 20 pips past my open price, then retraced. I freaked and closed for a loss of 13 pips. Could have stayed in and made 7 pips in the next 2 minutes, was in shock from the bad liquidity. :confused:

Do you know if an ECN broker would help to minimize the low liquidity?

mechtech63@comcast.net

I played this pair bacause it moved more pips in prior sessions, looks like your pair would have been a better deal.

Last edited:
Felix,

It happened again...:hissyfit: I placed a pending order on the EUR/JPY and it didn't open till 20 pips past my open price, then retraced. I freaked and closed for a loss of 13 pips. Could have stayed in and made 7 pips in the next 2 minutes, was in shock from the bad liquidity. :confused:

Do you know if an ECN broker would help to minimize the low liquidity?

mechtech63@comcast.net

I played this pair bacause it moved more pips in prior sessions, looks like your pair would have been a better deal.

Mechtech I have a little trouble with that a month ago. because the price move to quick your broker a I think the majority of the brokers have an policy that they open at the next available price, hen the price move in a live account it will open when the price is not moving, this is not like a demo account. have to be carefull. read the retacement strategy and you have to open your transaction when it rewtrace, an the price its steady you will go in if not you miss your chance.

Mechtech I have a little trouble with that a month ago. because the price move to quick your broker a I think the majority of the brokers have an policy that they open at the next available price, hen the price move in a live account it will open when the price is not moving, this is not like a demo account. have to be carefull. read the retacement strategy and you have to open your transaction when it rewtrace, an the price its steady you will go in if not you miss your chance.

I believe that yours is a sound stragedy. I'll nail the next one for sure. Thanks.;)

From going over my results, if I entered the trade after news release, my broker would have opened my trade at the price I got (otherwords, filled with latest price). I would have seen the retrace, but if i stayed in the trade, it would have came out positive. If i waited a minute, I would have skipped the retrace and rode up for some profit. Also, trading right pair would help.

The big pip-maker would have been trading the right pair with my stragedy and holding on after the retrace. Man, gotta get better at this.

Last edited:
Back