Sharing what I have learned

Thos1087

Private, 1st Class
Hi there,

I have been tinkering with forex for +10 years.

Now I am in retirement I have the time to a stronger commitment.

My proposal is to teach my method on Zoom for a fee and lease my EA at the heart of the system on the basis of a yearly subscription...

I do not run the EA fully automated but make the entry calls based on seeing certain criteria met.

Would this sort of arrangement be of interest?

I would imagine taking on folks already familiar with MT4.

My EA is a swing Trader that sets up hedge trades across several pairs simultaneously.

I am averaging about +20% a month with 5%DD absolute max DD is 10% but this is rare.

I would like to think a trading community might develop out of this and we can help each other to maximise performance.

Is this of interest or am I dreaming?

Comments appreciated.

Attachments

• One Month Mz9.gif
    One Month Mz9.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 13
Sounds like you definitely have the experience to pull this off. I would suggest promoting it on various forums to try to draw in a lot of business. I like the idea and hope it works out for you!

Looks good I like the approach as your EA is based on your trading strategy which makes it more relatable to people.
5% DD is small and 20% monthly gains well done my friend winning formula

About 6 months - not long I know and the market's dynamic changes so I guess a couple of years would be better.

More background - about 10 years ago I doubled a demo account in one month manually trading with the the COG indicator - but I was up all night at times - not the lifestyle I was looking for. I am 75 now and needed a 'hands off' EA. This is my current choice - I am forward testing one we had coded and in the last month gained 21% on a forward demo test.

So the first one I spoke of needs some care to run and the entry points are manually applied, the second is totally hands off.

Which brings me to the next question - how can I protect my IP ??

Hi there,

I have been tinkering with forex for +10 years.

Now I am in retirement I have the time to a stronger commitment.

My proposal is to teach my method on Zoom for a fee and lease my EA at the heart of the system on the basis of a yearly subscription...

I do not run the EA fully automated but make the entry calls based on seeing certain criteria met.

Would this sort of arrangement be of interest?

I would imagine taking on folks already familiar with MT4.

My EA is a swing Trader that sets up hedge trades across several pairs simultaneously.

I am averaging about +20% a month with 5%DD absolute max DD is 10% but this is rare.

I would like to think a trading community might develop out of this and we can help each other to maximise performance.

Is this of interest or am I dreaming?

Comments appreciated.
How is this going now?

Actually I have been fully absorbed with tracking my second EA and refining it's settings.

Amazing how busy life can get even in lockdown.

So how can I share this first EA - teach others - without giving away my hard work...

Interesting to see if you do do it how you get on. There is always room for honest transparent people sharing their skills and no one can be expected to work for free

I would like to see the overall statistics of such a trading strategy.
I mean that I don't trust the words, I need to see the numbers in order to understand whether the game is worth the candle or not. I feel that everyone should be extremely suspicious to some trading strategies or different courses because there is lots of scam on the forex market. More than that, it is hard to say how much money I can spend on this course without saying the trading results which were achieved by your strategy. If the results are quite stable and consistent, then you can earn a lot on this whole topic, but are they consistent?
I see fit in buying some strategy or a robot if I see the long-term results only, but if it is a matter of several months or a year, then I wouldn't invest in that. Perhaps, it would be better for me to work on my personal trading strategy and make it better and better, because of the fact that I know it perfectly well and it coincides with my personality and perception of the market.

I would like to see the overall statistics of such a trading strategy.
I mean that I don't trust the words, I need to see the numbers in order to understand whether the game is worth the candle or not. I feel that everyone should be extremely suspicious to some trading strategies or different courses because there is lots of scam on the forex market. More than that, it is hard to say how much money I can spend on this course without saying the trading results which were achieved by your strategy. If the results are quite stable and consistent, then you can earn a lot on this whole topic, but are they consistent?
I see fit in buying some strategy or a robot if I see the long-term results only, but if it is a matter of several months or a year, then I wouldn't invest in that. Perhaps, it would be better for me to work on my personal trading strategy and make it better and better, because of the fact that I know it perfectly well and it coincides with my personality and perception of the market.
Yes, your requirements are quite reasonable.
What I cant figure out is how to share what I have come up with while still protecting my IP.

Back