Should I close my position before high impact news?

It is still depends on what type of news. For instance ECB, NFP, BOJ, BOE conference, I will close it rather than keeping it. Just my personal opinion.

It is a wise decision to close your position near these high impact news. Or if you are a long term trader, then you should close a part of your position or lock in some good pips prior to these news releases.

It is a wise decision to close your position near these high impact news. Or if you are a long term trader, then you should close a part of your position or lock in some good pips prior to these news releases.

To me, absolutely wise decision to close on such high impact. It can move either way, but it hurts a lot when it is against. If others, I might keep it.

To me, absolutely wise decision to close on such high impact. It can move either way, but it hurts a lot when it is against. If others, I might keep it.

I see that of the news that are released in the Forex markets some of them are the low impact news and i cannot take much advantages of them.

But still i do have some of the news that are actually High Impact ones and when i am trading in them the profits are much more for me :)

I see that of the news that are released in the Forex markets some of them are the low impact news and i cannot take much advantages of them.

But still i do have some of the news that are actually High Impact ones and when i am trading in them the profits are much more for me :)

Yes we all see that news is hitting the Forex markets and we must realize that the sooner we can use them in our trades the better it is going to be for us.

Most of the times the news will cause the markets to move to a much larger extent.

Yes we all see that news is hitting the Forex markets and we must realize that the sooner we can use them in our trades the better it is going to be for us.

Most of the times the news will cause the markets to move to a much larger extent.

Yes i have seen that there are times when i am not able to figure out what way the markets are moving and this is also a reason why many of my such trades are going into a loss.

Not all high impacts are actually really important. Most of them are just an "expected volatility" instead of guarantee high volatility. Therefore, I don't really care about medium or low impact.

You should avoid trading just before and after high impact news. It is most uncertain time that may be you want to close positions but market turn in seconds your results are different. I like to trade in stable or smooth market timing avoid volatility.

You should avoid trading just before and after high impact news. It is most uncertain time that may be you want to close positions but market turn in seconds your results are different. I like to trade in stable or smooth market timing avoid volatility.

This may actually happen to any trader as we see that sometimes we will witness much volatile market movements and this can lead us into situations where we may stand to loose more than we can gain :(

The most successful trading method is to look for breakouts and place orders right after the news. Stop loss should be tight and Take profit should be much larger. Trading right after the news also helps in avoiding high spreads and slippage, not to mention that we can now have more chances in spotting the right direction of the trend by mixing the news outcome with technical analysis skills.

The most successful trading method is to look for breakouts and place orders right after the news. Stop loss should be tight and Take profit should be much larger. Trading right after the news also helps in avoiding high spreads and slippage, not to mention that we can now have more chances in spotting the right direction of the trend by mixing the news outcome with technical analysis skills.

Whenever i am doing my trades i am always looking for such moves in the market which will start or form a new trend as that is the best way to take a good entry according to me :)

Back