Signals Review (408+ Potential Pips) for August 30 ~ September 3, 2010

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hello folks:

Sorry for the delay this week, I had a major server issue (not FPA server, but my own server) and I basically spent the entire weekend transferring websites and setting up the new server. So I apologize again for not getting the analysis/overview out on time...

However, with today being a national holiday in the U.S., I think everyone should just take it easy and enjoy the downtime. I believe a little sunshine and few hours in the pool should do wonders for your mindset as we get ready to trade this week.

Here's what happened last week:

1. August 30, 2010 9:30pm EDT - AU Retail Sales - No Trade
Historical Chart & Data

2. August 31, 2010 8:30am EDT - CA GDP m/m - No Trade
Historical Chart & Data

3. August 31, 2010 9:30pm EDT - AU GDP q/q - Trade Triggered 80+ Pips
Historical Chart & Data

4. September 1, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK Manufacturing PMI - Trade Triggered +53 Pips
Historical Chart & Data

5. September 1, 2010 8:15am EDT - US ADP NFP - No Trade
Historical Chart & Data

6. September 1, 2010 10:00am EDT - US ISM Manufacturing PMI - Trade Triggered +45 Pips
Historical Chart & Data

7. September 2, 2010 7:45am EDT - EU Interest Rate - No Trade
Historical Chart & Data

8. September 3, 2010 8:30am EDT - US NFP Employment No Trade (but analysis pointed to a perfect BUY trade on USDJPY which gave +80 pips)
Historical Chart & Data

Total Pips For News Trading = +178 Pips

As far as pre-news trading, I've made a pre-news recommendation on BUY for the AUD/USD before the GDP release. If you got in as close to the bottom of the range, which is around 0.8860, you'd have made about 150 pips before the news release, and if you held on to the trade, you'd probably see 315 pips by Thursday.

aud0831.gif

Therefore, total potential pips, including my analysis with Pre-news and NFP (which honestly I did say to look at the Private Jobs and Revision), you could potentially make about 408 Pips.

Therefore, following our tradition, we'll do a 75% discount and say that 102 Pips for the first week of September is entirely doable...

If you made more or less than 102 Pips, please share them with me. I'd love to hear from you if you benefitted from my analysis.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what happened last week:

8. September 3, 2010 8:30am EDT - US NFP Employment No Trade (but analysis pointed to a perfect BUY trade on USDJPY which gave +80 pips)

Total Pips For News Trading = +178 Pips

Uah, is incredible, you always make pips with your trades. :eek:oh:

But on a second thought... :nerd: Some friend told me that you did trade the NFP last friday (EURJPY) with your trading group, and make a ... LOST! -40pips. :confused:

Is that so? I cant understand why you would omit that... :mad:

Uah, is incredible, you always make pips with your trades. :eek:oh:

But on a second thought... :nerd: Some friend told me that you did trade the NFP last friday (EURJPY) with your trading group, and make a ... LOST! -40pips. :confused:

Is that so? I cant understand why you would omit that... :mad:

I got the loss as well :unhappy:

I didn't put the other gains that I made with USDCAD for about 200+ pips in 3 trades, nor the GBPJPY which we were up about 200+ at a time. Should I include those too?

This review is purely based on the news and my analysis. We didn't quite jump into the market because we are already in the market prior to the release. The EURJPY was down not because of NFP, but because of US ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI. However, we recovered 25 pips of that 40 pips on AUDJPY at the end of the day... Did your buddies tell you that?

So should I disclose every single one of my trades here or should I just discuss the news analysis and its potential results as this topic is meant for?

Last edited:
I didn't put the other gains that I made with USDCAD for about 200+ pips in 3 trades, nor the GBPJPY which we were up about 200+ at a time. Should I include those too?

This review is purely based on the news and my analysis. We didn't quite jump into the market because we are already in the market prior to the release. The EURJPY was down not because of NFP, but because of US ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI. However, we recovered 25 pips of that 40 pips on AUDJPY at the end of the day...

So should I show every single one of my trades here? Or should I just discuss what is the potential result of my analysis?

Never mind them, Henry: they are just bitter forex losers.
And for all the naysayers: firts of all, Henry always takes about 25% of the potential pippage and second, everybody has losing trades, plus from my info, that losing trade was not a news trade (either spike or retracement), it was about after 15-20 minutes afer NFP, right before ISM, just trying to capitalize on trend changing, which came to a halt after ISM release.

Hi Henry

Would just like to say thanks for the analysis you post every week, I find it extremely valuable and practical with regards to my own trading.

Any of the other traders that may have issues with some of your analysis will most probably land up as part of the failure statistic (and it's somewhere around 95% chaps, so the sooner you stop complaining about one lost trade the sooner you'll start making money) as they are a little lacking on their game theory and understanding of probability and risk management.

Thanks again Henry

Mike :)

vark...thanks for telling Henry that those guys aint appreciative...i'm a newbie in forex itself and i made over +60 pips so i expect the experienced ones to make more and not to criticize someone like henry who is taking his timeto help me and others indirectly............Thanks Henry...I even wish i can chat with u privately...happy news trades

Henry,

I'm having trouble getting the release figures fact enough. I'm using GFT (FX360) and they just post whenever it's convenient for them. NOT FAST ENOUGH where is the best place to get the news as fast as possible? Thanks for the help and I can't believe ANYONE would complain about something that is being given to them!!! If you don't like the info turn the page already!!!

Uah, these are a very defensive followers we got here! Is this a thread for change information or his this some kind of cult that one cant point the facts?!

Common, I dont remember had write in my post that Henry is bad or ... good.

But I did made some innuendo all right, cause Henry post all the gains he "possible" made trading the news and sustain he didn´t trade NFP and also write that if he would trade it he would earn xx pips on usdjpy... but for my knowledge he did trade the NFP on retracement. And he pick the eurjpy and lost 40 pips.

So, what is the difficulty to assume that?

I think the picture get more clear with that kind of approach. There is misinformation considering Henry first post, and is that when he write that he didnt trade the NFP news, but it happen that he did... on retracement with eurjpy, and he lost.

I think we all must assume that Henry is not only giving information for free. He is also a seller, that have a trainning room and also a signal service. Is normal that customers or just users from this site that may become a future customers (me included) get the right information and seek for that. Is just that.

Last edited:
Back