Signals Review (April 05 - April 09)

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 8 economic indicators. 2 of them hit the triggers that I sent to you. Let's review...

1. Tuesday, April 06th (12:30 New York time) AUSTRALIAN Interest Rates

I said if Australian Interest Rates comes out at 4.25%, AUD/USD should go up by about 70 pips. Although it was expected they would raise the rates, 30% of economists still believed they would keep the rates at the same level. Therefore, I expected AUD/USD to move if the number came out as expected.

It came out at 4.25% but we did not see 70 pips move within 45 minutes. Eventually AUD/USD went even higher than that but the move was not as impressive as I wanted it to be. Still, if you entered long, you should not lose any money on this report. With respect to the spike itself, I took my profits quickly since I was afraid it would retrace first before going up even higher.

I hope you made some money on this report. Here is the chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

2. Wednesday, April 07th (04:28 New York time) UK Services PMI

I expected it to move nicely if it came out at 56.5 or lower. We saw about 55 pips move which was really nice. Unfortunately, I did not get many fills here so I made some money although nothing huge here.

Here is the chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I am very disappointed that Australian Employment and Canadian Employment came out very close to expectations. Those are really nice reports to trade if they deviate, and usually bring me a good income. Oh well, maybe next month...

Anyway, have a good Sunday!
--Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Crazy cat

thank you for your great input.

i am having two problems with trading the news.

1- I need a quickly updated News calendar?
2- Fast moving signal does not allow me to catch it with enough pips, because I normally catch the first 20 pips just in case it reverses.

can you help with a strategy and a website for a fast economic calendar update?

thank you

News Trades

Thanks 4 your emails & site

I have been successfully trading

the News

I go 4 it on most news

even the OIL report .

using STRADDLES with 2 contracts one having a fixed target .

both having simulated stops.

its become my #1 trading strategy

myself and a few my friends have really mastered it.
well one friend has 30 years experience,

but it was getting the target and stops on both sides of price on the straddle that give us the winners. we use ninjatrader dom with an atm strategy

still hv 2 exit trades manually but thats the discretion part of it

but we can fix both targets on both contracts short or long

corze we get slippage
my war CRY is
GO AUUSSIE

or

GO LOONIE

oil is awesome & WHIPPY

THANKS

You didn't mention one trade.

Hello Crazycat,

You didn't mention this one trade:

6. Thursday, April 08th (04:28 New York time) UK
We will be trading UK Industrial Production
Forex News Trading | Details and History for GBP Industrial Production m/m

With deviation 0.5 it made nice 50+ pips. As Pipsalot said, this report is definitely back in action and worth trading. I just regret that I traded it with a microlot only after the fails with both Australian reports. This week I chose only bad trades unfortunatelly. However, Canada should be a nice winner for me if I didn't get stopped out thanks to a huge 20 pip retracement after the initial move. So I ended up at the BE.

What's next? It looks like the following two weeks will be pretty slow :-(
Looks like April is not the happiest month for news trading this year.

pls reply

hello crazy cat, at first i was like being afraid in following ur instruction, but right now i have come to realize after checking your weekly analyzes, I'm damn convinced that you are going and taking people here in the right direction. really that's really interesting and im happy for that. you helped me made some good pips last week and im glade for that.

please, what's going to happen this week? you was like saying that due to the plain crash incident that happened on polish president and some prominent personalities on board. we should not enter trade?

again i need some good technical analysis that will help me in making good pips daily, combine with the fundamental analysis you are given us here.
please reply.
thanks Bedone.
my email, bedone1@yahoo.com.

course.

Hi CrazyCat.

I was just wondering like if you give some sort of training, or if you have some coaching program or something. I would love to learn how you trade using fundamentals, and just how you trade in general.

Thanks a lot!

broker needed

hello,

i would like to know a broker that allows you to trade the news. i have never been able to use this with my broker which is alpari uk.

I Know You Are Giving Directions But Is Really Another Language To Me

:eek:oh:

Dear People,

I do want to trade under Crazy Cat directions but I have 2 factors that really loose me:

1. I am rookie. (should I go only to babypips?? :D

2. Definitely I do not understand what the number for the triggers means...

Would you please help me to understand? May be some examples. I read an article written by another member of this forum but It left me in the same starting point. Well, that is not true... I understood some but in general my big headache is the trigger number and how to apply in the suggested time.

I even took a look at the charts and it really is another language, may be Vulcanian :) to me.

Thank you for your patience and I do appreciate some hands here.

Garbolipo
very rookie trader

Hi Crazy cat

thank you for your great input.

i am having two problems with trading the news.

1- I need a quickly updated News calendar?
2- Fast moving signal does not allow me to catch it with enough pips, because I normally catch the first 20 pips just in case it reverses.

can you help with a strategy and a website for a fast economic calendar update?

thank you

Fast Economic News recently released Just The News economic calendar, starting at $9.95. You might want to take a look.

Just The News

Back