Signals Review (April 19 - April 23)

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 10 economic indicators. 4 of them hit the triggers that I sent to you. Let's review...

1. Tuesday, April 20th (04:30 New York time) UK Core CPI m/m
I wrote that if UK CPI y/y came out at 3.4 or higher, GBP/USD would probably go up by 35 pips in the first 45 minutes of the report. It came out at 3.4 and GBP/USD spiked up about 40 pips. The only problem was the price action was so fast that it was very hard to make any money after the spike.

Here is the chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

2. Tuesday, April 20th (05:00 New York time) GE ZEW Economic Sentiment
The trigger for this indicator was 6, and I said if ZEW Economic Sentiment came out at 51.2 or higher, EUR/JPY would probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. It actually came out at 53 but EUR/JPY moved up by 20 pips or so.

I did not trade it myself as I said I did not trust this report.

Here is the chart:

3. Friday, April 23rd (04:30 New York time) UK GDP q/q
The trigger for this indicator was 0.2 so if it came out at 0.2 or lower, I expected to GBP/USD to move down by 40 pips. It did come out at 0.2 and GBP/USD spiked down by about 50 pips. Again, it was very hard to enter after the spike happened so unless you had autoclick software, it was hard to make a good money. I got filled with only one broker, still happy about the money I made.

Here is the chart:

4. Friday, April 23rd (07:00 New York time) Canadian CPI m/m
The trigger for this indicator was 0.3 and at the time I was posting that signal, it was expected it would come out at 0.0. As we got closer to the report, the expectation was revised to 0.1 so 0.3 deviation is either -0.2 or less or 0.4 or more.

It came out at -0.2 or negative, making a 0.3 deviation, and USD/CAD went up by 45 pips almost immediately. Unfortunately I overslept that report so I did not make anything on this report.

Here is the chart:

Have a good Sunday!
--Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 10 economic indicators. 4 of them hit the triggers that I sent to you. Let's review...

1. Tuesday, April 20th (04:30 New York time) UK Core CPI m/m
I wrote that if UK CPI y/y came out at 3.4 or higher, GBP/USD would probably go up by 35 pips in the first 45 minutes of the report. It came out at 3.4 and GBP/USD spiked up about 40 pips. The only problem was the price action was so fast that it was very hard to make any money after the spike.

Here is the chart:

2. Tuesday, April 20th (05:00 New York time) GE ZEW Economic Sentiment
The trigger for this indicator was 6, and I said if ZEW Economic Sentiment came out at 51.2 or higher, EUR/JPY would probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. It actually came out at 53 but EUR/JPY moved up by 20 pips or so.

I did not trade it myself as I said I did not trust this report.

Here is the chart:

3. Friday, April 23rd (04:30 New York time) UK GDP q/q
The trigger for this indicator was 0.2 so if it came out at 0.2 or lower, I expected to GBP/USD to move down by 40 pips. It did come out at 0.2 and GBP/USD spiked down by about 50 pips. Again, it was very hard to enter after the spike happened so unless you had autoclick software, it was hard to make a good money. I got filled with only one broker, still happy about the money I made.

Here is the chart:

4. Friday, April 23rd (07:00 New York time) Canadian CPI m/m
The trigger for this indicator was 0.3 and at the time I was posting that signal, it was expected it would come out at 0.0. As we got closer to the report, the expectation was revised to 0.1 so 0.3 deviation is either -0.2 or less or 0.4 or more.

It came out at -0.2 or negative, making a 0.3 deviation, and USD/CAD went up by 45 pips almost immediately. Unfortunately I overslept that report so I did not make anything on this report.

Here is the chart:

Have a good Sunday!
--Crazy Cat

I got filled on the UK GDP and made some money. Since it was already a month after I made a profit, because neither I got a fill or most of the crucial news went close to expectations, I just came out of my second nature how to exit properly. I was probably waiting for the PA to came down more than 50 pips (out of training after such terrible month as April was) and closed after the 50% retracement. Nevermind, I hope I will take full profit next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Autoclick

Hi,

What autoclick software would you recommend to use when trading these news events?

Back