Signals Review August 9~13, 2010 - 570+ Potential Pips

I've done a bit of research and did find some of Henry's products. There's no doubt that marketing for those products is full of hype, but since it works on TV (mostly for subpar products), I figure that Henry has simply decided to copy that style of advertisement and implement it for his own products. Whether that's wise or not, I'm not certain, but hype tends to lead to great expectations which can cause even a good product seem bad in its inability to meet the unrealistic expectations due to the hype.

As for Henry's reports here, they are much appreciated and if you see thousands of people checking your reports, it's a sure sign that people appreciate what you do.

As for the threat to stop writing further analyses... it's a bit odd. I think that feedback can be gotten in other ways, without threats of any sort. Create a dialogue, share how many peeps you earned and ask how much others have for comparison. You may find that people will respond better to such inquiries.

As for me, I've only started reading this forum and trading news last week, so I got only 30 pips or so.

I don't know where you guys got the threat idea, I pointed out something that is plaguing every author and analysts because this is not a two-way street. I've been doing my newsletter for over four years and after sending it to hundreds of thousands of traders and not getting even 1% of replies, it is disheartening. You pour 4 hours and scan tons of articles, then you sit down to put them into words, and what you have to look forward to is to do that all over again in 24 hours. Without feedback, participation, who can expect this kind of work to continue?

For those who think I am getting paid big bucks to do this, just know everything is donated straight from FPA to charity on my behalf.

It is a great feeling to see tons of discussions and shares, it keeps me motivated because I know you guys care.

As far as ambiguity in my signals, I am issuing this about 24 hours ahead of time, I can only tell you to BUY at a dip or to SELL at a spike. There is no possible way to be more precise in my signal. But if you know the diretional bias, you can enter based on your own analysis. I believe knowing the direction is 50% of successful trading, and the most important 50%.

I pointed out something that is plaguing every author and analysts....

NOT TRUE. Not those who have a passion and desire to help without the expectation of anything in return.

Without feedback, participation, who can expect this kind of work to continue?

I would not expect anything less from someone who does not have the passion to help without any expectation of anything in return.

For those who think I am getting paid big bucks to do this, just know everything is donated straight from FPA to charity on my behalf.

This is great but unfortunately you have already received your reward for making the above statement PUBLICLY known. The true giver would NEVER say anything about such a generous donation of time and energy. You sold your full reward for a public notice of charity. Was it worth it?

As far as ambiguity in my signals, I am issuing this about 24 hours ahead of time, I can only tell you to BUY at a dip or to SELL at a spike. There is no possible way to be more precise in my signal. But if you know the diretional bias, you can enter based on your own analysis. I believe knowing the direction is 50% of successful trading, and the most important 50%.

I think you need to re-read every post that you have listed and you will find them to be very ambiguous to the trained trader. Those new to trading would not know the difference but those with trading experience can see the true nature of your analysis. Your claim of 570+ POTENTIAL pips made me laugh my a$$ off! Henry did you trade today? There was a potential of 24,000+ pips of earnings in the market today.

Please provide the truth of your intentions so that we can get on with what is important here.

Henry,

Your true intentions, whatever they are, are completely acceptable but you need to be TRUTHFUL to everyone here at FPA. I think that is what Felix expects.

Peace.....

Dave

Last edited:
As for Henry's reports here, they are much appreciated and if you see thousands of people checking your reports, it's a sure sign that people appreciate what you do.

There is no doubt that they are appreciated. Just look at how many views Henry's trade calls get!!! But apparently this is not enough for Henry and that is why I have to publicly ask Henry, "what are your true intentions?"

It's like knowing two things, Jack and Sh!t. Jack just left town so you are stuck with what is left.

Henry, I publicly acknowledge that your analysis and news trading recommendations are greatly appreciated by me. That is all I can offer you and I hope it is enough to keep you motivated and prevent you from becoming disheartened.

If it is not....

.... here is a tissue for your tears.
..... a slice of cheese for your whine!

....and

...... get in the car and let's go find you some self confidence.

Peace....

Dave

Last edited:
Hmmmnnn!!!! what a similarity in name, maybe that's why you think alike :DDave0/Dave2012 why dont you guy(s) start your on free analysis on FPA or start a say 1k-2k in 2 years and lets follow you for free? Pls think about it. Boko Maru?????:confused:

LOL>>>

DaveO----->>> Dave2012----->>> Man, you are right! I completely missed the similarities between the two individuals!:p

Hey DaveO---->>>> ROTFLMAO ---->>>> I pulled a muscle in my back!!!

Maybe the seekers of truth are supposed to think alike. Ever thought of that?

TRUTH: I wouldn't offer my services for free because I have an expectation of something in return for the services that I provide.

And I believe, until Henry tells us otherwise, that he does as well.

Peace...

Dave

Last edited:
I don't know where you guys got the threat idea, I pointed out something that is plaguing every author and analysts because this is not a two-way street. I've been doing my newsletter for over four years and after sending it to hundreds of thousands of traders and not getting even 1% of replies, it is disheartening. You pour 4 hours and scan tons of articles, then you sit down to put them into words, and what you have to look forward to is to do that all over again in 24 hours. Without feedback, participation, who can expect this kind of work to continue?

It is a great feeling to see tons of discussions and shares, it keeps me motivated because I know you guys care.

What you stated right there is a much better request for participation. Saying that this service may not be around for much longer if no active participation is shown does sound like a threat of a sort, as I'm sure you know.

I suspect that one reason why there isn't a lot of active participation is because of the forum subject matter. The forum is called news trading signals, and people probably feel that if they don't have anything to share to that particular subject -signals-, they should keep to themselves.

Of course, there are more reasons than just this one and perhaps it's just the nature of forex trading/research that's the main cause. The way you scan and analyze various information bits in order to write a report is the way that most people come here for research purposes and use the newly learned information when trading.

Hmmmnnn!!!! what a similarity in name, maybe that's why you think alike :DDave0/Dave2012 why dont you guy(s) start your on free analysis on FPA or start a say 1k-2k in 2 years and lets follow you for free? Pls think about it. Boko Maru?????:confused:

Not quite sure why you quoted my name here, or what you're really driving at. Are you trying to be helpful and contribute something? Or are you just mad and needing to vent?

I've in the past shared my experiences with Henry Liu. I was in his paid trade room for many months in 2008. I have openly shared my experience about that time without agenda, as it might be valuable for others who have zero experience with Henry. My intention was to provide the info, and let people do with it what they want.

If that makes you mad because you feel a need to run to Henry's defense, well that's your issue and I can't help you with that. I've simply shared honest feedback about my experiences for what it's worth...

You might ask yourself why criticism of Henry is so threatening to you. Are you really counting on his trade calls that much? If so, it would be of greater benefit to develop your OWN trading skills so it doesn't matter if Henry or whoever is issuing trade calls or not...

Exactly

You might ask yourself why criticism of Henry is so threatening to you. Are you really counting on his trade calls that much? If so, it would be of greater benefit to develop your OWN trading skills so it doesn't matter if Henry or whoever is issuing trade calls or not...

EXACTLY, I totally agree with this !

Henry, the impression I have had is that you try to direct us to twittering or direct to your blog to make comments. I don't think you are looking for two way participation in FPA. That leads me to think you are solely seeking to increase organic traffic to your sites and after all, your sites are designed for commercial activity. The more organic traffic you can generate the higher your google and other search engine ratings. I would doubt you even have time to read 1% of comments posted on your sites. Volume of traffic is your game. The payback follows.

One has had the feeling that your entry into FPA was a strategic decision for tangential commercial reward. I personally would have no gripe with this providing you were open and honest about it and it had Felix approval.

As others have noted, your personal satisfaction for your work in FPA can be derived from the viewer stats which give you a very clear message. Perish the thought of your FPA threads looking like twitter with hundreds of ego seeking comments and the like serving no useful purpose.

Guys and gals should ideally be able to ask questions in these threads and receive answers from you or others without the task of wading through hundreds of "OMG, I love you Henry's" or "OMG, I just made 1500 pips from your calls". I also dislike to see references to god in the context of your work Henry, like "may god take care of you". Outrageous hype encourages more hype and those who refer to god are often the first to slam you down at the first loss they experience ! Trading is about hard nose commercial reward. It has nothing to do with god.

David.

Last edited:

EXACTLY, I totally agree with this !

Henry, the impression I have had is that you try to direct us to twittering or direct to your blog to make comments. I don't think you are looking for two way participation in FPA. That leads me to think you are solely seeking to increase organic traffic to your sites and after all, your sites are designed for commercial activity. The more organic traffic you can generate the higher your google and other search engine ratings. I would doubt you even have time to read 1% of comments posted on your sites. Volume of traffic is your game. The payback follows.

One has had the feeling that your entry into FPA was a strategic decision for tangential commercial reward. I personally would have no gripe with this providing you were open and honest about it and it had Felix approval.

As others have noted, your personal satisfaction for your work in FPA can be derived from the viewer stats which give you a very clear message. Perish the thought of your FPA threads looking like twitter with hundreds of ego seeking comments and the like serving no useful purpose.

Guys and gals should ideally be able to ask questions in these threads and receive answers from you or others without the task of wading through hundreds of "OMG, I love you Henry's" or "OMG, I just made 1500 pips from your calls". I also dislike to see references to god in the context of your work Henry, like "may god take care of you". Outrageous hype encourages more hype and those who refer to god are often the first to slam you down at the first loss they experience ! Trading is about hard nose commercial reward. It has nothing to do with god.

David.

Here is my response:

1. I only mentioned my compensation because there are traders who think I do this analysis purely for financial gain. I just wanted to be clear on the subject. Last time I posted my analysis video of AU CPI and I said I didn't have to do that, responses were I am in this for the money and I am getting paid for doing that. Apparently the extra work that I do is still being heavily judged here.

2. FPA is moving towards Twitter and Facebook and getting into the social media realm. It is not just for me as you can see tweet buttons everywhere. Promoting facebook share and retweet is FPA's strategy, not mine. So please get the facts straight... I am merely following FPA's new marketing guideline.

3. Organic SEO ranking comes from backlinks. Since there is no reference in my analysis back to my free or paid sites, and I purposely avoid linking myself or branding my sites, even in the videos; therefore logically one should not assume I am getting more traffic as a result of organic ranking. Being part of FPA does give me more exposure, but I am doing rather well on my own prior to coming to FPA, and I am bringing my own people to FPA as well, so we are benefitting mutually. (and no, I've never directed anyone to my blog for comments in any of my analysis on FPA, and yes, Felix and the gangs are aware of my sites and my promotions, and they don't have any problem with any of my products.)

4. My agreement with FPA is not a permanent one as you guys can imagine. We are both trying out each other making sure things would work out and benefit as many people as possible. So when I say things may not last long is not a threat, but a possibility.

5. I launched my new product last week with the full intention of leaving FPA out of it because precisely I don't want to have a conflict of interest here. However, some of you may have gotten wind of my launch through my affiliates and think that I am using FPA to leverage myself. Forex market is a small market and while I can't speak for my affiliates, I never used FPA mailing list to send out email promoting myself. As a matter of fact, I don't even have access to the list. I could send emails on behalf of FPA but then the sender would be FPA. So once again, no leveraging is done or needed with the amount of affiliates that I got working with me.

So let me just say I really appreciate everyone for reading my analysis. If you don't feel like sharing, then don't. If you feel like sharing, then please by all means. And for those who question my intentions and my motives, its a free world and you are entitled to your opinions, but just don't make accusations or guesses into things that you don't know...

Henry

To Henry

Well you may be factually correct Henry. I am no expert on linkage to "authority sites" etc, nor how the twitter or facebook social networks intertwine, I personally hate the darned things. Older generation don't you know !

I was following your predecessor Crazy Cat when I downloaded your currency meter from your site and I imagine I subscribed to your list as I started getting news analysis from you in addition to the FPA site. Right now I seem to get duplicated alerts from your aweber in addition to your FPA posts. I was not aware of having subscribed to your site more than once ! Nor did I have any interest in getting bombarded with launch plans for this and that mentoring service which seemed to go on and on week after week. Almost every email you send out requests that I become a twitter or blogger twit, or is it twot?

When you mentioned your latest 10k-1mil plans I started following what you were saying as by then I felt you were more of a marketer than a trader. The hype build up was imo typical of an IM'er as apposed to a trader. I then started wondering why you would take the job of replacing Crazy Cat which is a free service with no strings attached. Two and two make four and the only thing that made sense to me for a semi mercenary IM'er was redirection of traffic/increase list size.

You can see where this leads when you issued your "threat" in FPA. I was waiting for you to resign from the FPA chore once your multi million dollar new product was launched.

If I have been unfair I will apologise. I didnt understand your reference to charitable donations.

After this overall experience I think I would prefer to pay you for a news service on the promise of no promotional hype. I guess I felt indebted to you for the free meter or else I would have unsubscribed.

On a positive note, like all else here I value your news analysis (without your precarious diversification into making pre news calls for newbies). I also value your meter. Nothing is ever really for free and in this case I have paid for being the recipient of a great deal of hype passing across my earoles.

David.

few Question

Keni,

You should take the comments as an alert and do your own research ! FPA was founded specifically to identify charlatans and hype to protect the naive inexperienced trader. I am not suggesting Henry is a charlatan but he certainly knows all about the less desirable tricks of internet marketing and he certainly employs "hype". Just be warned my friend.

The news trading analysis Henry provides is extremely good, no one is disputing that, but he is progressing beyond news announcements and imo his commentary is often ambiguous and potentially dangerous for newbie traders. One has to question why he chose to diversify and spot the very obvious connection to his own internet marketing operation.

As traders we should use our brains and not simply follow like sheep.

Do you have something against davids, there are quite a lot of us around I notice :)

Good luck to you and by all means trial Henry's new product launch. You can be sure he has succeeded in ramming the full details down FPA members throats. He offers a refund policy so hopefully you can't go too far wrong on that. Just remember to use your brain !

David.
I just have a few questions for you

1 Has Henry advertised or make mention of his site & products here? ( I would realy like a simple yes or no)
2 Did you buy his product ( whatever he his selling)?
3 Do you agree that if you and others did not mention anything about his site and product we wont be having this conver/chat?
4 If you can do without Henry why are you on this thread?
5 If you and others have any suspicions about him have you reported to the administrator? ( remember simple yes or no) no hard feelings Brov

Back