Signals Review (Feb 15 - Feb 19)

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 6 economic indicators. 1 of them hit the triggers that I sent to you. Let's review...

1. Friday, Feb 19th (04:30 New York time) UK

I said if UK Retail Sales comes out at -1.1 or more negative, GBP/USD will probably go down by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

It actually came out at -1.2 but the y/y number came out at 2.6 versus 1.1 expected, and revision numbers were also better.

Well, this is where the experience plays a big role - which one is more important: m/m or y/y? Based on m/m we had sell signal but if we had triggers set on y/y, we would have a buy signal. Of course, since we traded the m/m number, the price went down as expected. That means I made a good money.

Obviously because of such huge conflict, I cannot expect you made anything on after spike; in fact, I said to stay away if there is a conflict. If you used, however, Secret News Weapon, like I did, you probably made a good money. As a matter of fact, I grabbed a quick 26 pips profit right on the spike. I must admit the spike was hard to trade, I got a few no fills and a few fills, still very good money for just 1 minute of work.

Please see for yourself what happened on this chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

By the way, didn't I just said US CPI is a crap? In fact, some people call me Lazy Cat - and that's fine with me. My goal is to make money, not trade everything or please entire world. I trade only good reports (and therefore with a higher leverage) and I don't bother to get out of bed when we have a crap like that. This strategy works extremely well for me, and since it works so well, I don't see any reason to spoil or change it...

Anyway, have a good Sunday!
--Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Brokers

Hi Crazy Cat,

It seems you use multiple brokers, which ones do you have success with on news trading, as this seems to be the biggest challenge.

I tried MB trading for 6 months and didn't get a fill even with limit orders!

Appreciate any help with this. :)

Looking for a "good" broker

Hi Crazy Cat,

Which broker do you use? I have been thru two and they are both crap. They are using tactics to increase their profits...not mine.

I don't understand how you made money on this report, I tried and entered a trade even with the conflict, but I ended up losing 16 pips, I guess I missed the spike, since I always use FPA's calendar, and it takes a while for the numbers to show up after the time of the news.

Anyway, I've been a Crazy Cat's follower for the past weeks and I'm very satisfied so far, I hope you can keep helping me making money, cause it really seems that you are a very good trader!

Thank you

I don't understand how you made money on this report, I tried and entered a trade even with the conflict, but I ended up losing 16 pips, I guess I missed the spike, since I always use FPA's calendar, and it takes a while for the numbers to show up after the time of the news.

Anyway, I've been a Crazy Cat's follower for the past weeks and I'm very satisfied so far, I hope you can keep helping me making money, cause it really seems that you are a very good trader!

Thank you

I use autoclick software (fast economic news) so in most occasions I am able to enter a trade before the spike happens....

Crazy Cat's skill in trading

Ah ha! I see the cat reveal one of the real skills of trading currency. When I read something like "some fills and some not filled" when a spike happens - to me that means one thing to me: sophisticated broker orders like stop limits or market orders with limits or something like that. Or, you cancelled some trades somehow. Right? Otherwise with a simple stop order ALL your orders will be filled, not just some. Or, if you system executed a market order ALL your orders will be filled, just maybe not so fast and and a price you like. So then the KEY question is what was your limit for that order and can you tell us that number in advance?

Thank you Crazy Cat. :D

Back