Signals Review (Jan 11 - Jan 15) 80 pips

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 4 economic indicators. 1 of them hit the triggers that I sent to you. Let's review them...

1. Wednesday, January 13th (19:30 New York time) Australian Employment (SUCCESS)

The trigger for this indicator was 15. This means that if Australian Employment comes out at 25.2 or more, AUD/USD would probably go up by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. It actually came out at 35.2, and AUD/USD moved up by almost 80 pips.
Please see for yourself what happened on this chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

This was an amazing report in many ways. Not only it was a really nice spike, but also it seems like someone leaked wrong number right before the report, causing AUD/USD going down by 40 pips. When the actual number was released, then the price reversed immediately.

I understand it was a really hard report to trade if you wanted to trade after spike but if you were able to grab the spike, then obviously it would be one of the best reports ever. In fact, I made record high money on this report.

If you did not grab anything, don't blame yourself as it was a very tricky report to trade due to pre-release price action. We will see more good opportunities to trade so don't give up.

Have a good weekend!
--Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I read on Forexlive that the pre-spike drop was due to a bank employee's manual error. He entered an offer for AUD that was accidentally 100 pips lower. I have no way to verify if that's true.

Actually I read on Forexlive that the pre-spike drop was due to a bank employee's manual error. He entered an offer for AUD that was accidentally 100 pips lower. I have no way to verify if that's true.

This is true. I saw this come across just a little adter the down spike. Almost crapped my pants, because I was going the other way and saw this as ready to blow out my stop.

Whew....:hissyfit:

I also made a little money on one of the other signals. Week was tough after the non-farm kicked the market in the balls. It will shake off and we'll get things going.

Whatever happened was great. I made a lot of money....

Thanks a lot for guiding newbie like me

hello FPA,

thanks for providing this wonderful service to newbie like me. i received your mail regarding forecast details but i dont where to get the news at that time. i tried reuters, bloomberg.. but i dont know where exactly that information is provided. please tell the correct news delivery url. thanks a lot.

I lost

Damn! I was looking forward to earn nice money with this Australian report that I take as reliable one (together with other AUD reports). Besides the other news this week that failed this one was for me the most terrible one - thanks to the pre-spike drop :-( It unfortunatelly stopped me out.

However, I still don't understand how could one bank's employee failure have such a great impact on the whole market. Can someone explain?

where to get the news at that time?

hello FPA,

thanks for providing this wonderful service to newbie like me. i received your mail regarding forecast details but i dont where to get the news at that time. i tried reuters, bloomberg.. but i dont know where exactly that information is provided. please tell the correct news delivery url. thanks a lot.

hy- keep track of the upcoming events & news
@
Forex Factory
Forex Factory

i mean, this works out for me... :cute:

how?

Crazy Cat, how did you earn money on this report grabbing the spike? did you bought before the release? entered after the number appeared, how come you saw the number so fast?

Do you mind posting the link to this article? If you are quoting it correctly, I am surprised that a relatively reputable publication could explain the price action this in such a way.

Back