Signals Review July 19~23, 2010: 600+ Pips Gain (Potentially)...

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi folks:

We've got several trades this week that worked out according to my signals. I hope you were able to make some pips, I certainly did :)

Here are the results:

NEWS TRADING
1. Tue July 20, 2010 9:00am EST (NY Time) CA BOC Overnight Rate
Historical Data & Chart on BOC Overnight Rate - No Trade.

2. Thu July 22, 2010 4:30am EST (NY Time) UK Retail Sales m/m
Historical Data & Charts on UK Retail Sales m/m - No Trade

3. Thu July 22, 2010 8:30am EST (NY Time) CA Core Retail Sales m/m
Historical Data & Charts on CA Core Retail Sales m/m - Buy Trade Triggered - Up to 35 pips of profit

4. Thu July 22, 2010 10:00am EST (NY Time) US Existing Home Sales m/m
Historical Data & Charts on US Existing Home Sales m/m - No Trade

5. Fri July 23, 2010 4:30am EST (NY Time) UK Prelim GDP q/q
Historical Data & Charts on UK Prelim GDP q/q - Buy Trade Triggered - Up to 70 pips of profit

6. Fri July 23, 2010 7:00am EST (NY Time) CA Core CPI m/m
Forex News Trading | Details and History for CAD Core CPI m/m - No Trade

If you were able to trade these releases perfectly, you could have made 100+ pips this week... not bad if you also consider the directional analysis my signal provides. For instance, Tuesday UK Retail Sales was not tradable, but you know the market will be moving up after the release of such positive numbers, you could easily make 30~50 pips (as I did in my own account.)

Furthermore, considering the events of this week, long term fundamental outlook for GBP and CAD have shifted somewhat. I'll talk more on this in the upcoming signals post, don't forget to check back on Sunday.

One other important trading method that I'd like to share is the pre-news recommendations. This is outside of news trading and into advanced fundamental market analysis. I'm not going to try to explain it in this post, but I'll be releasing a few videos on this subject when I have a chance. Here are the results for this week, (these recommendations were made in the daily signals):

PRE-NEWS RECOMMENDATIONS
1. Tue July 20, 2010 9:00am EST (NY Time) CA BOC Overnight Rate - SIGNAL: SELL USD/CAD prior to release / RESULT: 60 Pips of potential gain from 1.0550 down to 1.0490

tueboc.gif

2. Thu July 22, 2010 8:30am EST (NY Time) CA Core Retail Sales m/m - SIGNAL: SELL USD/CAD during European Session and close before scheduled release time / RESULT: 106 Pips of potential gain from 1.0497 down to 1.0389

thucadretail.gif

3. Fri July 23, 2010 4:30am EST (NY Time) UK Prelim GDP q/q - SIGNAL: BUY GBP (JPY or USD) during asian session on dip. RESULT: 62 pips of potential gains from 1.5250 up to 1.5313.

frigbpgdp.gif

Total pre-news recommendations for this week: 228 potential pips.

Aside from the above signals, do you guys remember what I said on the EUR/USD & USD/JPY situations during last week's UPCOMING NEWS OVERVIEW? Here are the results:

WEEKLY TREND RECOMMENDATIONS
eurweekly.gif

EUR/USD dropped to 1.2734 - anyone who sold EUR/USD early week should have made some pips, as much as 294 pips if you entered above 1.3000

jpyweekly.gif

USD/JPY remained in a 110 pips range. Didn't strengthen further as expected.

The final potential result for all of my signals is:
105 + 228 + 294 = 627 total (if you were super lucky and entered everything at the absolute best level and exited with maximum profit).

However, taking a 75% discount off this week's signals still means over 150+ pips. I hope you were able to make at very least that much.

Thank you very much for following my signals. If you made some pips, make sure to share your experience by replying to this thread.

Also why not retweet this post and share it on facebook? You know you'd be helping me and FPA when you do that, so let me just say thank you in advance.

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
hi Henry

Thank you very much for great signals. I was super lucky.
please keep on.

Well done

I swear you have hardly been here a couple of weeks and you have already started killing Forex lol. well done my friend i wish you the best of luck.

Yousuf.

Trade the News

Hi Henry,

Another great week of profitable trades. Keep up the good work. We all love it and you for sharing!

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your news analysis, I prefer your analysis to the previous version. Appreciate it.

News trading

Hi Henry, thanks for you pre news signals but what site to download any soft ware on trading the news. Should we rely solely on Channel. ;)

Henry I must say you are a priceless gem! A n unquantifiable gift to the FPA. Even the dumbest of traders are profiting jjust for your wisdom and skill. God continue to increase you in wisdom. Amen

Signals Review July 19~23, 2010: 600+ Pips Gain (Potentially)... - Today, 09:26 AM

Henry,

Your analysis on last week's news trades was great. I am learning about FOREX. I would appreciate it very much if you could answer the following three questions.
1. You bought GBP in the Asian session. Had the British GDP went down instead of went up, how would you close your buy-GBP order without a sifinicant loss?
2. Which radio station do you listen to?
3. Which Forex company do you use?
Thank you in adavance for your help.

DCKL :)

Henry,

Your analysis on last week's news trades was great. I am learning about FOREX. I would appreciate it very much if you could answer the following three questions.
1. You bought GBP in the Asian session. Had the British GDP went down instead of went up, how would you close your buy-GBP order without a sifinicant loss?
2. Which radio station do you listen to?
3. Which Forex company do you use?
Thank you in adavance for your help.

DCKL :)

1. Prenews trading should be done prenews. Means we open and close before news, it doesn't matter if GDP actual release is good/bad.
2. I used tradethenews.com
3. I use several different brokers, Interbankfx, fxdd, mbtrading, and FXCM.

Hope this helps you.

Henry

Back