Signals Review (March 08 - March 12)

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 6 economic indicators. 1 of them hit the triggers that I sent to you.

Well, first we have UK Industrial Production which actually did not hit my trigger but it moved a lot of pips. I still want to see it performing well a few more times before I will take it more seriously because so far it seems to be very unpredictable. Sometimes it does not move at all with bigger deviations and sometimes it moves a lot with small deviations.

NZ Interest Rate came out as expected so no news here. Australian Employment did not deviate enough to enter a reliable trade although it was very close.

NZ Retail Sales also did not deviate enough - and also came out conflicting. Good thing we did not enter here.

Canadian Employment Change came out slightly better than expected so another no trade here. Unemployment rate came out better than expected so they two together made a nice move. But I think USD/CAD simply wanted to move down and it was just an excuse because it's not normal to move that much with such small deviations, especially after what happened a month ago. No regrets here but I found it interesting.

Last was US Core Retail Sales. The trigger on it was 0.7 and at the time I was writing the message the expected number was 0.2 so we would enter buy if it came out at 0.9. The expected number actually went down to 0.1 before the news was announced, and we've got actual number of 0.8 so still the same deviation. USD/JPY went up about 30 pips but I got filled only one one of my positions (and I enter many) for a tiny bit of profit.

Here is the chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

So it was another week with flat numbers and some surprises (UK Industrial Production and CA Employment Change). I made almost nothing, but that means I did not lose anything either so that's good.

Anyway, have a good Sunday!
--Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back