1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signals Review (March 22 - March 26)

Discussion in 'Current Forex Trading Signals' started by Crazy Cat, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat Former FPA Special Consultant

Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 5 economic indicators. 1 of them hit the triggers that I sent to you. Let's review...

1. Thursday, March 25th (05:30 New York time) UK

I said if UK Retail Sales m/m comes out at 1.2 or higher, GBP/USD would probably go up by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

It actually came out at 2.1 and GBP/USD moved up by 60 pips. It was a very quick move up and probably only people using autoclick software were able to take advantage of it. Sadly, it was very hard to apply any afterspike strategy. Since I trade with autoclick software and was lucky enough to have bunch of fills this time, I made a lot of pips but I know it is not true for everyone.

If you managed to grab a few pips after the spike - congratulations and good job because it was very hard to do.

Please see for yourself what happened on this chart:
    Forex news trading currency exchange charts

That was the only report that deviated nicely. UK CPI also spiked nicely with only -0.1 deviation but I still don't feel like I want to be so aggressive. German reports did not work so I will not pay attention to them for a while.

Anyway, have a good Sunday!
    --Crazy Cat

#1 Crazy Cat, Mar 28, 2010
    Lasted edited by : Sep 8, 2016
  2. CanAm

CanAm Private, 1st Class

Hi Crazy Cat.
    What/who is autoclick software??
    Cheers
    Seth
    :)

3. Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat Former FPA Special Consultant

4. West Coast Pips

West Coast Pips Sergeant

What broker are you using please?

Hey Crazy Cat

Glad to know you got in with your broker spike trading UK retail sales. I have been through about 20 brokers with live accounts. Some did allow me to trade a couple of spike trades, others not at all. I stick with FXCM who reject my SNW trades at least 75% of the time which is poor. May I ask what broker you use please? Thank you!

#4 West Coast Pips, Mar 28, 2010
    Lasted edited by : Sep 8, 2016
  5. theblacktao

theblacktao Recruit

Major Crazy Cat:

Thank you for including me in your Signals Review. By the way, who is your broker? I am researching on a good broker to establish a Demo Acct. I have read mixed reviews on Alpari (US & UK), FXCM, and Interbank (UK). All three were highly recommended.

6. owoeasy2001

owoeasy2001 Recruit

Hi

Thanks......Pls i have ask you before that what is the meaning of autoclick software and how can i get it.

Easy