Signals Review (March 22 - March 26)

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 5 economic indicators. 1 of them hit the triggers that I sent to you. Let's review...

1. Thursday, March 25th (05:30 New York time) UK

I said if UK Retail Sales m/m comes out at 1.2 or higher, GBP/USD would probably go up by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

It actually came out at 2.1 and GBP/USD moved up by 60 pips. It was a very quick move up and probably only people using autoclick software were able to take advantage of it. Sadly, it was very hard to apply any afterspike strategy. Since I trade with autoclick software and was lucky enough to have bunch of fills this time, I made a lot of pips but I know it is not true for everyone.

If you managed to grab a few pips after the spike - congratulations and good job because it was very hard to do.

Please see for yourself what happened on this chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

That was the only report that deviated nicely. UK CPI also spiked nicely with only -0.1 deviation but I still don't feel like I want to be so aggressive. German reports did not work so I will not pay attention to them for a while.

Anyway, have a good Sunday!
--Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
What broker are you using please?

Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 5 economic indicators. 1 of them hit the triggers that I sent to you. Let's review...

1. Thursday, March 25th (05:30 New York time) UK

I said if UK Retail Sales m/m comes out at 1.2 or higher, GBP/USD would probably go up by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

It actually came out at 2.1 and GBP/USD moved up by 60 pips. It was a very quick move up and probably only people using autoclick software were able to take advantage of it. Sadly, it was very hard to apply any afterspike strategy. Since I trade with autoclick software and was lucky enough to have bunch of fills this time, I made a lot of pips but I know it is not true for everyone.

If you managed to grab a few pips after the spike - congratulations and good job because it was very hard to do.

Please see for yourself what happened on this chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

That was the only report that deviated nicely. UK CPI also spiked nicely with only -0.1 deviation but I still don't feel like I want to be so aggressive. German reports did not work so I will not pay attention to them for a while.

Anyway, have a good Sunday!
--Crazy Cat

Hey Crazy Cat

Glad to know you got in with your broker spike trading UK retail sales. I have been through about 20 brokers with live accounts. Some did allow me to trade a couple of spike trades, others not at all. I stick with FXCM who reject my SNW trades at least 75% of the time which is poor. May I ask what broker you use please? Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Major Crazy Cat:

Thank you for including me in your Signals Review. By the way, who is your broker? I am researching on a good broker to establish a Demo Acct. I have read mixed reviews on Alpari (US & UK), FXCM, and Interbank (UK). All three were highly recommended.

Hi

Thanks......Pls i have ask you before that what is the meaning of autoclick software and how can i get it.

Easy

Back