1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signals Review (May 10 - May 14)

Discussion in 'Current Forex Trading Signals' started by Crazy Cat, May 16, 2010.

1. Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat Former FPA Special Consultant

Hi there

This is Crazy Cat, with the review of the week.

This week, we were watching 6 economic indicators and 1 of them hit the trigger.

Tuesday, May 11, 04:30 am EST, UK
    Industrial Production m/m

The trigger was 1.2, and I was going to buy GBP/USD if it came out 1.5 or higher. It actually came out at 2.0 and we saw a total move of about 30 pips. It was a very fast spike and quite disappointing after-spike price action. Nevertheless, I grabbed a quick profit of about 20 pips on it. It was a good trade although I got only one fill on it.

Here is the chart:
    Forex news trading currency exchange charts

Other than that, it was a very slow week.

Have a nice Sunday!
    -Crazy Cat

#1 Crazy Cat, May 16, 2010
    Lasted edited by : Sep 8, 2016
  2. euroforex

euroforex Private

Week's End

Yea, that was a quick shot on the report - however, I am still in shock and awe with a nearly 1400 pip drop on the EUR/USD in one month!!! Unprecendented. Could it have been predicted? George Soros did - made a few bucks on currency paper - starting back in March...

Hitting all time lows - if bottom breaks projection is 1.1300. Crude Oil is on my radar as well - missed that drop!

Ecomonic reports are becoming a bit pithy now - but there is a time lag that can be considered for a running trend.

Euroforex

3. Avis Borne

Avis Borne Recruit

Hello,

What do you use to get real time reports so that you know if the signal hit its target as quickly as everyone else?

Thanks!

4. West Coast Pips

West Coast Pips Sergeant

5. oidunno

oidunno Recruit

"unprecedented"?

Having been funds positioned short € since the DT faiilure in 08 Im a bit confused mate by your shock and awe at the "unprecedented" 1400 drop bit..Perhaps youve not been around Fx for long but checking your charts will confirm to you that 14 handles is not very significant over a 30 day period in €$ in recent years. Its taken 6 months to drop 28H, since December 09....it took only 4 months to drop 38 in 08.. where October, November and January 09 were particularly volitile, in the wake of the Lehman fiasco? Similar drops were experienced in 91 and 92 against the synthetic E.during that crisis Theres very little new under the sun. LoL

6. abbeyglobe

abbeyglobe Recruit

I made it!

Yea, it was a fast one but I made my 20 pips too. Thanks for the information. God will bless you.