signs of recovery in usd

pahj

Private, 1st Class
hi mates

News this morning shows that most of the US banks that took the bail out fund have paid back and some have declared intention of paying , the interesting about it is that the banks also recorded a huge profit where investors are now calling for bonus.i think this might cause an appreciation in the $. so be on the look out.

thanks

Dow 10,000 EUR/USD 150 - what do we think about that? Will the greenback continue to slide through the NY session today or can it reverse the trend? I'm looking at buying USD and selling XAU for a quick hit before the US session. With TIC Net Long term Transactions being reported, wish me luck.

The Euro continued to rise versus the Dollar trading with a low of 1.4843 and with a high of 1.4968 reaching the highest level since September 08. European consumer prices fell for a fourth month in September as energy prices dropped and companies cut jobs and reduced costs to weather the global economic slump.

USD Bernanke and XAU - tigers and lions and bears, oh my!

We experienced a little bounce in the USD and if Bernanke doesn't shock us, we may be pippin' later on today when the NY session is is full gear. As much as I like charting/technical analysis - I'm never opposed to making a buck, jappy, cable, etc. off of these policy wonks and their diatribes. Which way do you think the dollar will go after Bernanke takes the microphone? Your thoughts are much appreciated. Still thinking about shorting XAU too. Made some quick bucks last week doin' it. Anyone else sell for the trade?

The Dollar ended Friday's session mixed, rising versus Euro and the Yen and declining versus the Pound as Industrial Production was higher but Consumer Sentiment was lower. Industrial Production rose by 0.7% better than 0.1% expected, but University of Michigan's Consumer Sentiment was surprisingly lower with 69.4 versus 73.6 forecast and 73.5 prior. NASDAQ and Dow Jones declined by -0.76% and -0.67% respectively, as bank stocks declined sharply. Crude advanced by 1.2% closing at 78.65$ a barrel. Gold (XAU) finished almost flat with 0.12% change, closing at 1052.25$ an ounce.

Bernanke! oh please! how can one man say so many words and yet say nothing....

My thoughts, sell $'s buy gold, wall street is on a roll profits are up, oils up.... business as usual, nothings changed.

Why try and swim upstream?

EURUSD 1.5037 and 14931

EURUSD won't be moving out of the rage of 1.5037 and 14931 for a day or two or even longer. But don't quot me I could be wrong. . I know this market is hard to read right now lets be patient to see which way it moves.

Key to near term direction is wall st, dropping 200 points yesterday off the cliff edge and now consolidating on it's weekly pivot. $index is trying to turn the corner but not quite pulling it off, really needs to get above that weekly pivot and find support. Gold consolidating also but looking weak now as it clings on to it's WP.

Always trade what you see, not what you want to see.

At the end of the week I celebrate Samhein and the change of season, at the same time mutual funds will be coming to a close at the end of their year. Be careful with regards indices and commodities especially around New york opening, large rapid movements like we saw today on wall st could catch you by suprise. Trick or treat?

Yes, what happened yesterday evening (Malaysian time) was kind of surprising but I still believe that consolidation is already taking place as I write this posting.

Regards.

Last edited:
Back