Simple Lot Size Calculator using Excel (Only 3 Inputs!)

Hi traders,

Finally, something I can contribute. I took some time off trading and prepared this, when in actual fact, this should be one of the first things I focused on.

Follow the steps:
First, enter your equity.
Second, enter the percentage you are willing to risk.
Lastly, enter the number of pips you are willing to hold the trade.

Please refer to the picture attached.
Lots_Size_Calculator.png

The blue boxes will automatically calculated.
You only need to enter inputs in the yellow boxes.

Please inform me if anything is amiss. Download link: bit.ly/lottoenter

Nice. I personally think it's great that it tells people their Expected Loss. That's something traders MUST keep in mind to learn proper risk management.

Thanks pharoah, appreciate that.

Once traders know the potential loss amount, and be comfortable with it. Then they can stretch how many pips it would take to reach that lost aamount, understanding their risk better and more confident on taking the loss or even set a hard stop loss.

I am sure this is available before I created it.. But just didn't seem to find it...

Thanks pharoah, appreciate that.

Once traders know the potential loss amount, and be comfortable with it. Then they can stretch how many pips it would take to reach that lost aamount, understanding their risk better and more confident on taking the loss or even set a hard stop loss.

I am sure this is available before I created it.. But just didn't seem to find it...

Whenever we make some or the other mistakes in our trades then the amount of losses we get will keep on increasing and that will also lead us into more risks. The best thing is that a trader should know how to control them :)

Hi traders,

Finally, something I can contribute. I took some time off trading and prepared this, when in actual fact, this should be one of the first things I focused on.

Follow the steps:

Lots_Size_Calculator.png

Great Job mate :)

Hi traders,

Follow the steps:

Lots_Size_Calculator.png

You can also add automatic lot increment as our profit goes up (or lot reduction as our deposit shrinks after losses). If SL and TP is fixed and tight it will be quite efficient management of your positions.

You can also add automatic lot increment as our profit goes up (or lot reduction as our deposit shrinks after losses). If SL and TP is fixed and tight it will be quite efficient management of your positions.

It is our trading that needs to be managed correctly so that we are getting a good as well as reliable income from our trading. Correct Stop loss settings will also prevent us from getting bigger losses :)

Back