Simple reversal trading system

antonicus

Recruit
I just completed backtesting of a simple reversal system (using bollinger band with EUR/USD pair) and started the forward live results tracking this week. You can follow it with me on my new site, sharethepips.com or stpips.com. Details are provided there along with the automated script. It's all free.

New short position established this morning at 1.5465. The strategy was able to catch the beginning of the current EUR/USD collapse. Over 150+ Pips gain so far and still riding the breakdown.

Per the strategy, position was exited on Friday at 15:00 GMT for a whopping profit of 435 Pips!! It's not often you see a mass exodus of a major currency, so it was quite a thrill riding this one down. Visit the forum in my site, stpips.com, for a graphical illustration and clarification of a couple of points used in the exit criteria. You’ll need to register first to see and join the forum.

First week summary

The first week of forward live testing has generated 494 Pips. This is way ahead of the monthly average of 626 Pips that was seen with the demo / backtest due to the last position which I consider an anomaly. Since this is the same script that was used with the demo, all other variables appear to be consistent.

I don't expect such outstanding results for the next week, but let's just see...

Back