Sir Pipsalot's EUR/USD trading thread (kept current)

Hey guys. Sorry I just eventually faded off the radar. I keep track of the markets and all, but my naval career has really taken over my time and focus over the last couple of years and that's what I'm really pouring myself into right now. I'll definitely get back into teaching and trading forex and the financial markets full time once I'm out of the Navy, but for now I don't have the time to do it justice. Oh, and in response to PipDog's commentary, this last EUR/USD trade hit one of its major 1.2930 TP's a couple weeks later, then eventually turned north not making it any further south, but still making plenty of profit on the trade.

I definitely was bearish on the stock market, but the key was I was bearish with trades, not with investing. It's incredibly foolish to INVEST short in the stock market as it will rise over the long run. One thing I always tried hard to teach in my old trading room and tried to convey through my signals, was it's less about the bias, and more about the method. If you trade with a good method and discipline, even when your bias isn't quite right you still should make some money or only lose some. Honestly, in my stock futures trades I periodically shorted, I pretty much broke even since I had a tendency to pick good tops and take partial profits early.

Back