Sir Pipsalot's Friday Market Update 05-28-2010

Sir Pipsalot

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey folks,

Sorry I went MIA for a couple of days, but I'm back. I haven't been terribly active trading the last few days, but I've been keeping close track of the market and my views really haven't changed much for the last week, so I felt little need for an urgent update.

On EUR/USD, most analysts I trust have turned bearish medium term looking for an extention lower to maybe 1.1900 at least. I still am not quite convinced personally. As long as we hold above 1.2200, I think a very solid chance of further upside exists that should take us to 1.2650 and probably beyond pretty soon. However, if we break below 1.2200 today, I'll abandon that bias in favor of a medium term selloff to 1.1900 and potentially a bit lower. So, essentially on EUR/USD I'm still in buy on dip mode as I have been for the past week, but I'm close to abandoning it based on what the Euro does today.

On stocks, we've really called it perfectly here picking tops and closing it all down within a few points of the lows. Now on this retracement up, it looks like it will last at least one more day and maybe into early next week. I think the ideal place to short is in the 1110-1120 range (just about 10-20 points higher from current levels). Pick a SL appropriate for how much profit you're looking to make on the trade. If you're going to take all your profits ahead of this week's lows, I'd try a 20-30 point SL. If you're like me and you're going for 100's of points for most of the position short, use a solid 50 or even 70 point stop.

In news Thursday, USD GDP came in a bit low, but not really low enough to trigger a trade or much market reaction, especially since it's in bounce mode. In news Friday:

0830 There's a bunch of US Data, but none of it is really tradable in my opinion. Giving that the market is in rally mode, it will probably look for a positive spin on the data, so look for shorter term USD/JPY or stock future long scalps as long as the data doesn't come out bad.

That's all for today's update. If you'd like to learn more about trading or trade along with myself and my collegues, come join us at Profit Mongers. Our subscription is very reasonable at $179 per month, and right now you can sign up for a 2 week trial to get started for only $29. This offer is for new customers only. If you have any questions, you can also email me at sirpipsalot@profitmongers.com

To our success!
Sir Pipsalot

The Market jitters

I was 1000% sure that they will find something to hold the Euro stagnant
before the weekend.
We are so screwed, not forex traders only,
i refer to ordinary people, we are so screwed that we never can reverse
that. Those rating agencies work like the lobbyists in Washington. They
pool the strings for fat boys.
"Fitch's downgrade is a spanner in the works after a brief rally in risk this week, and I think it does set us up for a reversion to risk aversion next week," Good job guys!!! Keep the good work "jittering"

Back