smart-pips (www.smart-pips.com)

aicohn

Corporal
I attempted to buy this ea using two different credit cards using the payment processor provided (liqpay). Each time, the payment processor transferred me back to the smart-pips.com site with no comment concerning whether the transaction succeeded or failed or if so, how. I contacted the merchant asking for assistance and the individual refused to do anything aside from an oblique mention of "some other payment method", knowing full well, this liqpay is the only method accepted.

I subsequently contacted my bank and described the situation. They lifted a credit freeze place on my card as a result of the transaction (apparently liqpay is associated with fraud) and suggested trying again. The transaction succeeded and I received the product.

Shortly after filing a review of these circumstances on the FPA website concerning this, and echoing concerns already expressed by others, I received an angry email from smart-pips support stating that I would receive no further support or updates concerning the product I bought and paid for.

*** situation is getting resolved. looks like seller simply was throwing a temper tantrum over my review. Possibly not a scam ***

Last edited:
I attempted to buy this ea using two different credit cards using the payment processor provided (liqpay). Each time, the payment processor transferred me back to the smart-pips.com site with no comment concerning whether the transaction succeeded or failed or if so, how. I contacted the merchant asking for assistance and the individual refused to do anything aside from an oblique mention of "some other payment method", knowing full well, this liqpay is the only method accepted.

I subsequently contacted my bank and described the situation. They lifted a credit freeze place on my card as a result of the transaction (apparently liqpay is associated with fraud) and suggested trying again. The transaction succeeded and I received the product.

Shortly after filing a review of these circumstances on the FPA website concerning this, and echoing concerns already expressed by others, I received an angry email from smart-pips support stating that I would receive no further support or updates concerning the product I bought and paid for.

So you went to their website saw the product , saw the website , saw the warnings got your product and...what are you complaining for?

>So you went to their website saw the product , saw the website , saw the warnings got your product and...what are you complaining for? <

No posting of these concerns at the time this took place. Subsequently there were two complaints (another poster's and mine) in rapid succession.

What am I complaining for? Denial of proper support/updates on a product I paid for in retaliation for a legitimate and truthful review posted on this site.

***Possible resolution coming***

Last edited:
>So you went to their website saw the product , saw the website , saw the warnings got your product and...what are you complaining for? <

No posting of these concerns at the time this took place. Subsequently there were two complaints (another poster's and mine) in rapid succession.

What am I complaining for? Denial of proper support/updates on a product I paid for in retaliation for a legitimate and truthful review posted on this site.

How did they know who you were?
all im seeing on smart-pips.com is a brilliant mql coder who needs to imrove a tad on web design.
if liqpay was your issue where exactly is smartpips in error?

I believe the timeline went like this:

LiqPay was an issue.
Seller declined to assist with alternate method of purchase.
Review was left, then purchase went through.
Based on prior correspondence, seller figured out who left the review.
Argument ensued.

Looks like both sides may have calmed down a bit. Let's hope this works out.

Yes, Pharaoh. That's a reasonable summary.

I am hopeful based on my most recent correspondence this can resolve without further nastiness. Accordingly, I have asked FPA not to publish my modification of my prior review taking the product from 1* (poor) to a "scam" in hopes this can be worked out.

But I certainly do not expect support/updates for a product to be withheld in retaliation for an honest review posted on this site. That rises to the level of a "scam" in my scheme of things. At it's simplest level, I paid for a product expecting the product/support/updates. And I'm not receiving it. That's the case. Not much to understand. If you don't like what I have to say, respond to it directly, as other vendors do. Don't withhold support of a paid-for product.

Lorio, with all due respect, you're wrong. THE issue here is a withhold of support/updates based on a scathing review (honest and absolutely factual) concerning payment policies and lack of support concerning those lame payment policies.

In my correspondence with FPA I was made aware of a review site for liqpay itself and vented my spleen over there as well. I'm not sure how much good that will do as folks are referred to the payment processor by the merchant directly. I, for one, had never heard of liqpay before and hope I never do again.

Yes, Pharaoh. That's a reasonable summary.

I am hopeful based on my most recent correspondence this can resolve without further nastiness. Accordingly, I have asked FPA not to publish my modification of my prior review taking the product from 1* (poor) to a "scam" in hopes this can be worked out.

But I certainly do not expect support/updates for a product to be withheld in retaliation for an honest review posted on this site. That rises to the level of a "scam" in my scheme of things. At it's simplest level, I paid for a product expecting the product/support/updates. And I'm not receiving it. That's the case. Not much to understand. If you don't like what I have to say, respond to it directly, as other vendors do. Don't withhold support of a paid-for product.

Lorio, with all due respect, you're wrong. THE issue here is a withhold of support/updates based on a scathing review (honest and absolutely factual) concerning payment policies and lack of support concerning those lame payment policies.

In my correspondence with FPA I was made aware of a review site for liqpay itself and vented my spleen over there as well. I'm not sure how much good that will do as folks are referred to the payment processor by the merchant directly. I, for one, had never heard of liqpay before and hope I never do again.

So you tried to purchase , there was a liqpay issue , you started a negative review , sent them the link ,bought the EA after all ,realised its not their fault and you looked for other reasons to justify your thread.
Dont worry , you are anonymous ,you dont look like a complete idiot.
Did you check to see if support was still available before the purchase?

I believe both sides may have lost their tempers initially, but don't see this rising to the level that would be described as "idiocy"

Technically, the seller of the EA should:

a. be willing to at least try to help if there's an issue purchasing the product. Perhaps 1 star is a little harsh for failing to do so, but I've seen people go off on a company (and even open a Traders Court case) for far less.

b. be willing to support a purchased product even if the buyer did leave an aggressively negative review. Failing to do so is a guarantee of escalating the situation. If the seller's feelings were truly hurt so badly that he didn't want to support the buyer, he should have initiated a refund. Keeping the money and refusing to provide support would indeed be a scam. One of the worst scam brokers from the past was ForexGen. They'd goad clients into saying something in anger and then would point to TOS saying that negativity towards the company entitled the company to collect "damages" from the client's account.

Back