• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Smart Trader legitimate or not?

I am having an issue with a company

RuffRoy

Recruit
Smart Trader sells itself as a super Forex/Share signal provider with a web site at: smart-trader-fx.com.

The signals are free but you must deposit funds with BDSwiss broker in order to receive the signals via Telegram group.
The signal provider goes by the name Robert and claims to be a trading wizard with a background in Finance. He does disclose that he will receive a small percentage of your trading fees as commission.

However, after joining his VIP group no signals arrived. Then I was asked to increase the amount I deposited to between 3,000 and 5,000 US Dollars because my initial deposit of around $225 was insufficient.

I said that I needed to see the signals performance before depositing any money. More excuses were received.

The Smart Trader Facebook page has 99.9% of posts/reviews by people from Africa and only 1 non African reviewer who warns that this is a Scam.

Has anyone else had experience with this person?

Hey I would also like to know this because I have a very similar situation, I haven't deposited any funds yet on the BDSwiss account nor have I joined the telegram group yet but the pitch is exactly the same, also if you look closely the website is identical tradesjar.com with even the text being exactly the same in most of it but obviously translated to portuguese, I'm now almost certain this seems to be a common scam but would like for someone to confirm this.

Basically they get paid by the broker for sign ups and make a lot of money. I've seen Instagram 'traders' that don't even know what a pip is, and they are driving around in Lambos. BDSwiss pay well too as far as I'm aware.

Anybody asking you to sign up via a link to get free signals, stay well clear.

Hey did you reach any conclusion on this? i was also about to register and try tradingjar since it seemed fine (30m followers on instagram, facebook page, a video explaining how to register, deposit and link accounts with pictures of his trades) but then i read this post and wondered if it isn't a scam...i actually cannot see any real feedback from other persons besides the insta stories he posts of few people thanking him for the profit they are making.
Wondering if its real or not
Thanks

Hey did you reach any conclusion on this? i was also about to register and try tradingjar since it seemed fine (30m followers on instagram, facebook page, a video explaining how to register, deposit and link accounts with pictures of his trades) but then i read this post and wondered if it isn't a scam...i actually cannot see any real feedback from other persons besides the insta stories he posts of few people thanking him for the profit they are making.
Wondering if its real or not
Thanks

I would advise against signing with him, I didn't actually deposit any money on the BDSwiss account that I registered, didn't even use his affiate link to be honest and the whole thing seemed a bit shady, not to mention the broker itself (BDSwiss) doesn't seem like the most trusted broker either. The guy doesn't have any real evidence of being legit, all his has are his insta stories that he posts everyday with feedbacks that don't look real at all and his facebook page apparently apparently has 3000+ likes though all his posts have no likes or comments at all.

Yeah I m not going to do any deposit for now. But if it is a scam he is doing a pretty good job. Don’t know how he would get so many followers on insaltagram or fake feedbacks.
His video with his voice explaining how it works also seem pretty legit as he even shows the post of the day on telegram

Hello guys. I can answer cause I signed for both.

From bdswiss perspective, I made a deposit and a withdraw. Both works perfectly.
From tradesjar perspective, it's legit. He answers you in Instagram. I am on his private group and generally he sends signals every day.

If you need more info you can send me pm

Hello guys. I can answer cause I signed for both.

From bdswiss perspective, I made a deposit and a withdraw. Both works perfectly.
From tradesjar perspective, it's legit. He answers you in Instagram. I am on his private group and generally he sends signals every day.

If you need more info you can send me pm
Hi, I sent you a personal message about this.

reading far to much about signal scams and they way they work to always show they are making but people will lose. its all about the level of tp and sl used so they will always be up in pips when traders can be down in money value. not worth using signals at the moment

I haven't actually deposited any money into BD Swiss yet. But have being following Roberts stock calls for a few weeks now. And they are mostly spot on. His forex calls are less accurate. And he seems genuine in his Telegram group. He gives great in depth fundamental analysis on the markets. Have no reason to fault him. My only concern is the broker. And he even told me $200 deposit is fine. But honestly, even if I lost that $200 to the broker due to them not paying or whatever, it's a small price to pay for the signals he gives, which of lately have being massive profits. Can easily trade his calls on another platform!

Back