• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Smart Trader legitimate or not?

I am having an issue with a company
Stay away from this..... all the alarm bells are triggered. No contact address/disclaimer on the homepage, so you do not know who you are dealing with by the end of the day. If you search for Robert Lindner online you get a lot of results but no personal social media presence of Robert himself...almost as if he does not exist and is a fake person...a huge no no!

Most important: I was pushed by him to invest several thousand of dollars into a bdswiss account because otherwise I "am not serious about trading" (really his words). His trading signals were ****.....couple of good signals and plenty of bad ones which he never updated on his Telegram channel....
Exactly this, it is sad that people are still falling for it

I'd suggest everyone who actually considers this thing to track the trades in excel, perhaps also consider marking the trades which got an update. The thought of them being on the good side or what ever might make you feel good, but in the end that probably just intended so that you fall faster for the scam. The moment you start thinking logically about it nothing makes sense, unfortunately they probably catch thousands of people who are not aware that if someone promises you immense profits you should perhaps first look them up if they are legit. Sad world we live in where people try to enrich themselves with the loss of others and actually portray themselves as helping others. Its just ****ed up.

I have started using his trial channel first and then switched to the VIP channel to try his trades my own. Obviously in this trial channel, you get the impression that he is a very good trader and that almost all his trades end up green. So it was worth trying.
After using his channel now since 3 weeks maybe, i must say he is very good at market analysis, that's number one. So even if you don't follow his trades, it is even enough to read his market analysis which he sends daily.
For the trades; yes in that point i must say he has definitely a batting average of about 70%. But it's not over 90% like he says. I did not really make a statistic but this is my impression. He has definitely trades which don't end up green, which is totally OK! I will just summarize plus and minus points and hope that he reads this and gives a feedback or works on the minus ones.
+ Very good market analyser, has a very good market knowledge
+ Better batting average than 90% of all traders worldwide. Whoever says he would be better, i would like to meet ( i am definitely not, with 4+ years experience)
Now the minus points:
- He, himself, is doing a very good partial buy strategy and he has a very good market intraday timing. The time where he sends the signals is usually bad and you have to see how the intraday market goes, maybe partially buy yourself. This is what i do. So when you just buy after he sends the signal, you might be red all the time and might get a message how he is "deep" in gain, whereas you are not even breakeven. Be careful!
-> Here it would be very welcome of him when he sends the signals where he really buys them, or maybe advise us about 2. tranche etc.
- He does have bad going trades, which is completely OK, because everybody has bad trades. But he hardly mentions them. A current example is gold (short) which he recommended by the time when gold was 1620/1630. Then intraday, he shorted gold again, when it was about 1640 or whatever. And so we did. And today gold is above 1700 and since the signal days, there is no comment from him regarding this trade. No stop loss, nothing. This is pitty and not understandable.
It would be very good of him if he sends maybe a current status of his portfolio at the end of each day and comments on his positions, which he does, but only for the good trades (or slightly bad ones). So i mean, for everything.

Overall i would recommend to follow him, but with self discipline and risk management.

I would advise against signing with him, I didn't actually deposit any money on the BDSwiss account that I registered, didn't even use his affiate link to be honest and the whole thing seemed a bit shady, not to mention the broker itself (BDSwiss) doesn't seem like the most trusted broker either. The guy doesn't have any real evidence of being legit, all his has are his insta stories that he posts everyday with feedbacks that don't look real at all and his facebook page apparently apparently has 3000+ likes though all his posts have no likes or comments at all.
Doubtful evidence frankly

I have started using his trial channel first and then switched to the VIP channel to try his trades my own. Obviously in this trial channel, you get the impression that he is a very good trader and that almost all his trades end up green. So it was worth trying.
After using his channel now since 3 weeks maybe, i must say he is very good at market analysis, that's number one. So even if you don't follow his trades, it is even enough to read his market analysis which he sends daily.
For the trades; yes in that point i must say he has definitely a batting average of about 70%. But it's not over 90% like he says. I did not really make a statistic but this is my impression. He has definitely trades which don't end up green, which is totally OK! I will just summarize plus and minus points and hope that he reads this and gives a feedback or works on the minus ones.
+ Very good market analyser, has a very good market knowledge
+ Better batting average than 90% of all traders worldwide. Whoever says he would be better, i would like to meet ( i am definitely not, with 4+ years experience)
Now the minus points:
- He, himself, is doing a very good partial buy strategy and he has a very good market intraday timing. The time where he sends the signals is usually bad and you have to see how the intraday market goes, maybe partially buy yourself. This is what i do. So when you just buy after he sends the signal, you might be red all the time and might get a message how he is "deep" in gain, whereas you are not even breakeven. Be careful!
-> Here it would be very welcome of him when he sends the signals where he really buys them, or maybe advise us about 2. tranche etc.
- He does have bad going trades, which is completely OK, because everybody has bad trades. But he hardly mentions them. A current example is gold (short) which he recommended by the time when gold was 1620/1630. Then intraday, he shorted gold again, when it was about 1640 or whatever. And so we did. And today gold is above 1700 and since the signal days, there is no comment from him regarding this trade. No stop loss, nothing. This is pitty and not understandable.
It would be very good of him if he sends maybe a current status of his portfolio at the end of each day and comments on his positions, which he does, but only for the good trades (or slightly bad ones). So i mean, for everything.

Overall i would recommend to follow him, but with self discipline and risk management.
Thank you so much!

I am right now making a real analysis of his trades for january, just to base my opinions on facts and to optimize it. So whoever would like to receive it, please dm me. Anyway i will post here some facts after the month.

Hello, I would like to share my experiences here. i've been testing smarttrader for a while now and unfortunately it's really not always that easy. It would be better if you bring enough experience with you. It is true that at the beginning of the contact you are asked what experience you have, but Smarttrader accepts you very carelessly. So I noticed that many important things are forgotten to mention. Robert's analysis is based on fundamental data from the entire market, but it carries a high degree of risk. However, it can take a while before a signal really follows the data. So you have to wait for confirmation until the signal is really confirmed. So, one should check the RSI, MACD and volume and then make a decision. Robert's signals always come with high potential, so you need a lot of capital to have a good risk management. You need 1000 € capital to get into the VIP group. If you start in the trial group with 500 €, I would advise everyone to start with each trade at 0.01 lot (1 lot for shares) and to use an SL of 5% (which is only recently mentioned in the contact). Of course, you can also take higher lots with more capital. Then you have to keep an eye on the market. Meanwhile Robert also sends updates on which positions are still open, where you can re-enter if the 5% SL has been activated. As soon as the market follows the data, of course.

Came across this tread while on the hunt for some intel about Smarttrader and Robert– saw he even dropped a comment here once.

As a newbie trader, I was kinda scared to chuck a bunch of money into it right off the bat, cos I've been burned by those so-called "Signal providers" before - it was basically just like rolling the dice. I've lost over $3000 already, my account was constantly going up in smoke within days and while there was sometimes feeling of success retrospectively I would say most of that was pure luck.

With Smarttrader I feel it's definitely different now. For the first I feel I have a sense of what I am doing and why I am doing it. In the beginning I thought it's again too good to be true but I didn't find the catch so I thought "why not give it a shot with a $1000?" And boy, was I blown away at the beginning. Quickly grew the account to $2300 - I think like 6-7 trading days. I know, just cos it happened once doesn't mean it'll happen again, but man, I was stoked to finally be making some cash from trading. I also had some less good days but at least I now understand what is happening. Also sometimes I just feel like I am too late on a trade.

What I really dig about Smarttrader is the insane amount of detail and analysis that Roberts puts into his signals. If he is really doing it alone?! It can be a bit much sometimes (especially for a beginner like me), but it really helped me getting a grip on the market and what's pushing and pulling it.

Plus, the guy handling my account was super clear about managing risk, which made me feel way more comfortable with my trades and helped me cut down on losses. His name is Fabien from Austria (not sure why Austria either, but he's a good guy). That's something I've been missing with other platforms - like someone explaining you everything and answering questions. Although sometimes I feel like he is not fully reading my questions.

All in all, I've had a solid time with Smarttrader. I reckon it's a fantastic option for beginners who wanna understand the market better and make solid trades without needing a ton of experience. And if you want to understand what you're doing, this definitely helps. It's 100% not a scam and Robert knows what he is doing. I'm planning to stick with them for the time being. And if anyone else is thinking about jumping in, just remember to ask questions and maybe trade not too big.

That much from me, stay safe!

And now he is charging for over 300 Euro a month. I was hardly making money with his trades, in fact even more loosing than earning and now this charge? He must be really rich to begin with such service :p
Anyways, I'm out. Whoever stays for that money I hope it will be worth.
And yeah it's kind of disturbing when he writes he is meeting in USA with traders, attending to conferences , consults banks etc. But when you search for his name, you find it nowhere as an attendee . Weird right . Whoever believes all that...

Back